+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC - 4011 FSW2014 - Lets Join Here !!!!

anni19

May 1, 2014
Hi all....

I have done MCA and presently m working as professor in reputed college which is affiliated to the university. Fortunately , this time this occupation is there in list and i want to apply for the same but the query is : NOC 4011 is for University Professors so am i eligible for this category or not as I am working in college which is affiliated to the university ???? Please guide me .

rajgill4u

May 6, 2014
hello...
I have done M.Tech and presently m working as assistant professor in reputed engineering college which is affiliated to the university. NOC 4011 is for University Professors so am i eligible for this category or not as I am working in college which is affiliated to the university ? Please guide me .

sahrhp

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Before anything i must state that this is just my personal opinion, take it as that and that alone!!!!
I think that the most essential component to be classified as a university lecturer/professor is the element of research.
If you and your college/instituion/university is a research university and your job responsibilities include the component of research, then it might be classified as univ. professor. Generally, a professor conducts research or supervises students conducting research for Masters/PhD degrees.
Also if you have a higher degree such as MPhil or PhD, it might help as well.

cheers13

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
anni19 said:
Hi all....

I have done MCA and presently m working as professor in reputed college which is affiliated to the university. Fortunately , this time this occupation is there in list and i want to apply for the same but the query is : NOC 4011 is for University Professors so am i eligible for this category or not as I am working in college which is affiliated to the university ???? Please guide me .
Same case to me. In this forum I asked before about suggestion for my case, some experts of this forum described my occupation is college teacher not the University teacher, whether my college affiliated to University or not.............
But consultant agency suggested me to apply University Lecturer category.......
Let's see what more feedback we get............

can1122

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
Doc's Request.
With Application
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Med's Request
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
15-02-2012
Interview........
Waived!!!
Passport Req..
20-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-05-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2013
Hi,

If this is a brief description of your job responsibilities, then you may apply.

Link to NOC:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4011&val65=*

Main duties

University professors and lecturers perform some or all of the following duties:•Teach one or more university subjects to undergraduate and graduate students
•Prepare and deliver lectures to students and conduct laboratory sessions or discussion groups
•Prepare, administer and grade examinations, laboratory assignments and reports
•Advise students on course and academic matters and career decisions
•Direct research programs of graduate students and advise on research matters
•Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books
•May serve on faculty committees dealing with such matters as curriculum planning and degree requirements, and perform a variety of administrative duties
•May represent their universities as speakers and guest lecturers
•May provide professional consultative services to government, industry and private individuals.

University professors and lecturers specialize in a particular subject matter such as biology, chemistry, anatomy, sociology, business administration or law.

Can1122

mia88

May 9, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Lahore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!
Im applying under this NOC too.
Can anyone tell me what do they mean by this education requirement?
"A master's degree in the field of specialization is required for university lecturers."

I have done MPhil Economics and I am teaching Maths in a University.
Am I eligible to apply?Im not teaching Economics but Maths.

Also my title for the 1st year was Teaching Associate and then i got the title of Teaching Fellow.

Since this occupation is up for immigration for the 1st time, i guess people will be confused as to what is right or not.

Can some1 please help me with this?

Connie120786

May 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28- 5-2014
Nomination.....
19-9-2014
AOR Received.
second line march 13 2014
Med's Request
april 29 2015
Med's Done....
may 15 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
may 17, sent by may 19 or 20 by agency
VISA ISSUED...
June 2015
LANDED..........
soon,,,,,september 9
Hi everyone...

I am a registered nurse with Masters degree in Nursing...I applied under noc 3012 and 4011...My work experience is from 2011 up to present as lecturer/ professor. from this.. I have a full time equivalent of 1 year and 8 mos in Bicol College <level II accredited>, a research oriented college since we are mandated to conducted a research study twice a year and this college also offers postgraduate studies. Another experience of mine as part time is from BICOL UNIVERSITY with 6 months full time equivalent xperience, a research oriented university too and with international accreditation. My job title from these two schools is NURSING lecturer...Bicol college is different from bicol university.... And under noc 3012, from 2008 to 2010, i am a full time staff nurse as Emergency and Trauma Nurse...I am much worried with NOC 4011, since my job description matches almost all of the job duties of a lecturer but one of my school which is i am affiliated right now is a college with level ii accreditation..and talking about bicol university- i am under the college of nursing..i am teribly worried though i have another backup noc which is 3012...my WES result is bachelors degree...not yet done with my phd

NIKONIKO

Apr 29, 2010
Envigado
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
Nomination.....
23-12-2014
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-06-2015
For all the people wondering if working in college qualifies for University Professor, I will tell you what I have found, but just take it as my point of view.
If you work in a college you will be classified in NOC 4021 COLLEGE AND OTHER VOCATIONAL INSTRUCTORS, and you wont be able to apply to NOC 4011. If you compare the duties are basically the same, but the difference is the level of education. As I said before is my interpretation and it can be right or wrong.

mpreet78

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all
I am assistant professor in an Autonomous College. The college has the academic autonomy.
The syllabus is designed by the college. The exams are prepared and conducted by the college administration.
The faculty including myself is also involved in research. But the final degree to the students is given by the university to which the college is affiliated. I am Assistant Professor in Information Technology. My question is that: Am I eligible for 4011 category? If yes then what will be my job title?
Senior members please reply.

sachinleo80

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
I am also planning to apply under NOC 4011 - University lecturer. I have gathered all the required documents along with proof of funds, English test and ECA reports. However the ECA report I received mentions my MSc degree is equivalent in Canada is 4 years BSc degree!!

I have completed my BSc (3 Years), B.Ed (1 Year) and MSc (2 Years) with distinction grades in all the exams from Indian Unviversity. I also have 6 years experience in the same field.

My query is - Am I still eligible to apply under FSW even my ECA report shows my MSc degree is equivalent as Canadian BSc degree?? Please let me know your responses on urgent basis as I have very little time remaining to send my documents. Your help is much appreciated.

vinisha09

Oct 26, 2014
sachinleo80 said:
I am also planning to apply under NOC 4011 - University lecturer. I have gathered all the required documents along with proof of funds, English test and ECA reports. However the ECA report I received mentions my MSc degree is equivalent in Canada is 4 years BSc degree!!

I have completed my BSc (3 Years), B.Ed (1 Year) and MSc (2 Years) with distinction grades in all the exams from Indian Unviversity. I also have 6 years experience in the same field.

My query is - Am I still eligible to apply under FSW even my ECA report shows my MSc degree is equivalent as Canadian BSc degree?? Please let me know your responses on urgent basis as I have very little time remaining to send my documents. Your help is much appreciated.
VERY UNUSUAL AND UNBELIEVABLE
my noc 4011 - i sent the application from india on 18th December and my DD got charged on Friday - i came to know this via my bank today [ saturday in India ],
this is very unusual and i cant believe it myself.
Anyone please explain this, my application for NOC 4011 was received at CIC only on 24 th december, i sent it from india on 18th December and my DD got charged on Friday.
This is the communication that I received from my bank ICICI Bank through Royal Bank of Canada today,

Dear ____________, based on your ,_______________
The following RBC Royal Bank eStatement(s) is(are) available:

The Receiver General for Canada ''_____________ICICI _________ instrument # ___________ 1550

Personal Banking Account XXXXX-XXX0672

To see your statement, please sign in to RBC Online Banking^.

To review or change your email notification options within RBC Online Banking, select "Profile and Preferences" from the Banking tab under My Accounts.

Samitasanj

Apr 28, 2017
Hi friends I am also sailing on the same boat.....I am a college lecturer teaching undergraduates from 3 years. I hv also taught in university to postgraduates for 1 complete year. I am doctorates in Zoology. Please suggest which NOC I hv to opt. 4011 or 4021.
Please reply

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends I am also sailing on the same boat.....I am a college lecturer teaching undergraduates from 3 years. I hv also taught in university to postgraduates for 1 complete year. I am doctorates in Zoology. Please suggest which NOC I hv to opt. 4011 or 4021.
Please reply
You are most likely NOC 4011 because you have a doctorate. IRCC is more concerned about duties and qualifications matching the NOC description than titles.

futureplanner

Nov 3, 2014
My wife is working currently under the designation Assistant Professor in a self financed engineering college in India. Here her current Job description matches all the entries posted under 4011 scheme ,except she doesn't have a PHD.
I am planning to apply with her as the primary applicant. so can I proceed with the NOC code 4011 or do I need to apply under the code 4021 for lecturers.

The college will be giving the experience letter matching that of a asst professor, so kindly advice me on this .
Thanks