+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 3131 pharmasits, how to apply for ECA ??

bleueseven

Oct 7, 2011
Hello everybody ,

I'm an algerian pharmacist and would like to prepare papers for express entry, my question is about how to get my education assessed ??

after googling , it seems that I should open an account in gateway pharmacists Canada and pay 325 § then apply to pebc for evaluation and pay again 530 § :'( :'( :'(

my question is can I apply directly to pebc to avoid paying more ???? if yes is there a link to pay online by master card ???

and what about WES , is it accepted ???

thanks everybody !

bleueseven

Oct 7, 2011
DaleJ said:
Hello,
WES is not accepted for pharmacists. Have to go through Gateway and PEBC...
thanks for your answer DaleJ, but do you think it's necessary to open an account in gateway too ??? what if I send documents directly to pebc ???

canadaatul

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Applicants with Pharmacy qualification, if your job responsibilities fit in other NOC, then you don't have to go for PEBC. WES will work in that case. PEBS is expensive and time consuming.

umeshb

Jan 11, 2015
bleueseven - Even I am in same situation alike you. Guys please someone guide. My agency says I need to go through PEBC even my job description fits in other paramedical and technical NOC codes. I am working as Pharmacist as well. if we have whats app group please add me +91 9822970795. CHEERS GUYS!! ;)

Hiren13220

Jan 19, 2015
You can get your education verification through WES, there is no need to go through other source.

Because i have also done my verification through WES and i m also pharmacist.

limeloveaman

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Hiren13220 said:
You can get your education verification through WES, there is no need to go through other source.

Which profession ur working ???

Nasa2n2

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Hi,

Recently, I received this email from PEBC.. contains all information you need

The Certificate of Qualification is only issued once you have passed all the examinations. The Document Evaluation Results letter, and the ECA report (if you include the ECA Report Request with your application) are issued upon completion of the document evaluation. Please visit our website as per below, for complete information and instructions.

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) Applicants

The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) is designated by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada as of January 6, 2014 to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) for Principal Applicants intending to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) for immigration to Canada and for whom Pharmacist would be the primary occupation for their application to immigrate to Canada. Please see the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp) for more information.

As of May 4, 2013, pharmacists are not categorized as an “eligible occupation” under the FSWP. New applications from pharmacists are only processed under the FSWP if the applicant has a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada. For pharmacists who applied under the FSWP before May 4, 2013, applications are processed according to the rules that were in effect at that time.

In addition to applying for Document Evaluation, applicants under the FSWP must complete the Request Form for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report. On behalf of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), PEBC is responsible for assessing the authenticity and equivalency of the primary pharmacist qualification – the candidate’s pharmacy degree. After PEBC has completed the Document Evaluation process, PEBC will generate an ECA Report which will be mailed directly to the candidate. It is the candidate’s responsibility to submit the ECA Report to CIC, since CIC only accepts original assessments directly from applicants.

Pharmacists’ Gateway Canada

As of August 20, 2014, pharmacists who obtained their pharmacy education outside of Canada will be required to register on the Pharmacists’ Gateway Canada and receive a National Identifier Number before applying to PEBC for Document Evaluation. (Note: This does not apply to candidates who applied for Document Evaluation before August 20, 2014)

PEBC will not be able to process new applications for Document Evaluation unless a National Identifier Number is provided. The cost to register on the Gateway is $325 CAD and is paid via the Gateway.

Any questions or concerns about the requirement to register on the Gateway should be directed to NAPRA (email: gatewayinfo@napra.ca; phone: 613-569-9800).

After having registered with NAPRA Gateway, please visit the PEBC website at www.pebc.ca for all the information you will need to become registered with PEBC at: http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/4910/la_id/1.htm

Please also visit the provincial licensing authority for their requirements and procedures at: http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3112/la_id/1.htm

STEP 1 – DOCUMENT EVALUATION: If you received your Pharmacy degree outside of North America you will need to have your documents evaluated. In order to apply for document evaluation you will need to visit our website and click on Document Evaluation where you will find information, including the application and instructions.

http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3116/la_id/1.htm

STEP 2 – THE EVALUATING EXAM: Once you have passed document evaluation you will need to write the Evaluating Examination. Please visit the PEBC website for the application and instructions. The revised syllabus is available under "Preparing for the Examination" of the Evaluating Examination section.

http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3117/la_id/1.htm

http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3131/la_id/1.htm

http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3138/la_id/1.htm#withdrawal/refund

STEP 3 THE QUALIFYING EXAM: After you have passed the Evaluating Examination, you must also go through the Qualifying Examination. You will also find the applications and instructions needed for the Qualifying Exam on the PEBC website.

SYLLABUS: You will find a Syllabus outlining the topics and sub-topics you may encounter in the Evaluating Examination which is free of charge from our website, www.pebc.ca, under Evaluating Exam. This booklet assists candidates in preparing for their areas of study for the Evaluating Examination. http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/15014/la_id/1.htm

LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY TESTING: PEBC does not require language proficiency testing, such as TOEFL, TSE or IELTS. You may wish to contact the provincial licensing authority of the province in which you wish to practice to enquire about their language proficiency requirements.

IMMIGRATION: For immigration questions, please contact your local Canadian Embassy. You do not need to be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to undergo Document Evaluation or write our exams. You may apply to write the exams in Canada on a visitor's visa. Once you have been accepted to write an exam, if your address is outside of Canada, PEBC will send you a confirmation letter that you can use for visa purposes. Please contact Immigration Canada for complete information about the skilled worker program:

http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3114/la_id/1.htm

Regards,

Receptionist, Information Assistant

The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada

717 Church Street

Toronto, ON M4W 2M4

CANADA

Tel:

www.pebc.ca

Twinkle03

Feb 6, 2015
Dear Friends,

I completed my M Pharmacy and working in the area of Pharmacovigilance from past 3 years. Now I want to immigrate to Canada. Can anyone confirm whether I need to complete the credential evaluation through WES or PEBC.

What is the NOC codes of the jobs in pharmaceutical industries.

warsapp

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Twinkle03 said:
Dear Friends,

I completed my M Pharmacy and working in the area of Pharmacovigilance from past 3 years. Now I want to immigrate to Canada. Can anyone confirm whether I need to complete the credential evaluation through WES or PEBC.

What is the NOC codes of the jobs in pharmaceutical industries.
Hi everyone. I am pharmacist and hold Ph.D. degree in pharmaceutics. I applied FSWP 2014 under NOC 4011 as I am a lecturer at Medical University I had my degrees evaluated by CES.
The outcome:
4 year bachelors degree from recognized University (Although I completed 5 year study course)
Doctor of Philosophy degree from recognized University
Also, I had sent my diploma of Clinical Residency but they responded that they don't evaluate internship, residency or apprenticeship.
Initially, before sending my diplomas I asked them if they were to do my degrees evaluation as I am not applying as a pharmacist the answer was affirmative.
I applied 17 Dec. no news so far I hope I will be in the cap.
I think this somehow help you to find out whether you need PEBC to do your evaluation or other agencies.

warsapp

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Hiren13220 said:

I have a question for you. Does ECA from WES, CES or ICAS somehow help you in gaining license in Canada? Or we need also PEBC to evaluate our degrees for further stages of license.

pacific3131

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2015
Doc's Request.
Not needed at this time
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP Submitted online
Med's Request
Submitted online
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
Not needed at this time
warsapp said:
I have a question for you. Does ECA from WES, CES or ICAS somehow help you in gaining license in Canada? Or we need also PEBC to evaluate our degrees for further stages of license.
You need PEBC-nothing else.

Theinterceptor77

Nov 6, 2016
Sorry guys Ive got a quick question..
My case is like this
1- I have a bachelor of pharmacy
2- and a masters in Chemistry
3- I'm applying as a chemist I never worked as a pharmacist
4- I got an ECA for my bachelor of pharmacy from the PEBC

Now I'm wondering weather i should enter my bachelor degree as "master's degree or a professional degree needed to practice 135 points" or just as a " a bacheolar degree or 3 years college diploma"
Note that I don't need the points from my bachelor and I never practiced pharmacy , but I just want to fill the profile correctly.

Thanks in Advance