+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC: 2274 Marine engineer officer

Singh0700

Mar 26, 2021
Hey everyone,
I had a few queries on my mind, I would like to share with y'all.
I am a marine engineer officer (class IV certificate of competency), issued by india. I have applied for a PR in jan 2020, through the FSW program, NOC code 2274. My satus is currently showing as under progress and the medicals have been cleared. I would like to know the following.
1. I have been doing some research and have come to know through the transport Canada website, that, in order to get a certified class IV license from transport Canada, one would firts need to go through a course (240 hrs class + lab) and also appear for exams, to prove his competancy level. Now my question is, does this apply to everyone? I mean I have already gone through the necessary one-year marine engineering (GME) program in India itself, before starting my career and sailing for some years now in this field. So would we be exempted from this course?
2. If anyone, with this particular job profile, who has already been through the whole ordeal of migrating and applying to Transport Canada, acquiring a job, etc. could kindly give me a littel insight on how to go about it? I would be really greatful. Are employers considering immigrants for such professions?
3. Is it difficult to acquire jobs in this field?
I am currenlty just waiting for my application to get assessed and while I am waiting I would like to collect some facts.
Would be really greatful if anyone would be kind enough to shed some light on my questions.
Thanks
Hi , u got ur visa or not? What is the status , kindly reply I also want to apply for Canada or.

Gagandiep

Jul 25, 2021
I did not go through agent actually. Applied all by myself with a little help from various groups. If you would like to be a part of any group, do share your number; I will have you added to necessary groups.
Hello... I'm an ETO.

I hope you already have a PR and are already in Canada.
I am also going to apply for PR myself just like you did.
I would appreciate greatly if you could help with some info:

1) Did you apply for PR using NOC 2274 or the NOC for Mechanical Engineers.
2) I was under the impression that Canada does invite people with our professional background (Marine Engineers- water transport) until I read your post. So did you get an invitation from some PNP or did you qualify through Express entry draw cutoff?
3) What prospects are you looking at now?

anirban roy

Aug 1, 2021
hi..i am anirban roy from bangladesh..holding class 3 coc from bangladesh...having an experience of about 31 months ...now i want to migrate to canada ...and continue shore job related to my profession....i dont have any kind of graduation ..i have my professional course certificate and coc ...now am i eligible to migrate to canada...if anyone can suggest me that will be helpful for me ..thanks in advance..

Sep 25, 2021
hello... how to get experience letter for marine engineer? as in website they need continuous 1 year experience but most jobs are contractual only