+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC: 2274 Marine engineer officer

Sanketpatil

Mar 15, 2018
good day,

Sir I have 5yrs of sailing experience actual sea time. I hold chief engineer liscence issued by MCA UK.

I am presently sailing & Indian National. I would like to apply for PR under skilled labour programme.

If I want apply Under Skiller Labour scheme & would like to sail in Canadian waters do I have to write exams again in Canada to convert my UK COC to Canadian COC??

Also in my case my present age is 29years.

Kindly advice

Dinesh Babu

Sep 26, 2018
good day,

Sir I have 5yrs of sailing experience actual sea time. I hold chief engineer liscence issued by MCA UK.

I am presently sailing & Indian National. I would like to apply for PR under skilled labour programme.

If I want apply Under Skiller Labour scheme & would like to sail in Canadian waters do I have to write exams again in Canada to convert my UK COC to Canadian COC??

Kindly advice
Hello Sir,

Have you got the requested information? Can you please share it?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
good day,

Kindly advice
Yes you have to aplear for the exam again.
After getting PR , u have to get ur coc and other courses assessed from transport canada and then they might ask u to do a few referesher courses .
Once assesment is done ,u can appear for an exam.

Also ,its better to do all tur job related courses from India as its cheaper here .

Almost all related to ur rank .Better get in touch some Canadian seafarers on linkedin and ask them the courses mandatory for ur rank or as per canadian shipping norms.

Hope it helps .

Apr 15, 2020
I am Sushant
I have Uk class 4 CoC EOOW III/1
I am from rating background so I don’t have any graduation degree.
Total sea service of 16 years
My elder brother has PR
Do I have any chance of. Success for PR

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hey everyone,
I had a few queries on my mind, I would like to share with y'all.
I am a marine engineer officer (class IV certificate of competency), issued by india. I have applied for a PR in jan 2020, through the FSW program, NOC code 2274. My satus is currently showing as under progress and the medicals have been cleared. I would like to know the following.
1. I have been doing some research and have come to know through the transport Canada website, that, in order to get a certified class IV license from transport Canada, one would firts need to go through a course (240 hrs class + lab) and also appear for exams, to prove his competancy level. Now my question is, does this apply to everyone? I mean I have already gone through the necessary one-year marine engineering (GME) program in India itself, before starting my career and sailing for some years now in this field. So would we be exempted from this course?
2. If anyone, with this particular job profile, who has already been through the whole ordeal of migrating and applying to Transport Canada, acquiring a job, etc. could kindly give me a littel insight on how to go about it? I would be really greatful. Are employers considering immigrants for such professions?
3. Is it difficult to acquire jobs in this field?
I am currenlty just waiting for my application to get assessed and while I am waiting I would like to collect some facts.
Would be really greatful if anyone would be kind enough to shed some light on my questions.
Thanks

Apr 15, 2020
Hey everyone,
I am a marine engineer officer (class IV certificate of competency), issued by india. I have applied for a PR in jan 2020, through the FSW program, NOC code 2274. My satus is currently showing as under progress and the medicals have been cleared. I would like to know the following.
1. I have been doing some research and have come to know through the transport Canada website, that, in order to get a certified class IV license from transport Canada, one would firts need to go through a course (240 hrs class + lab) and also appear for exams, to prove his competancy level. Now my question is, does this apply to everyone? I mean I have already gone through the necessary one-year marine engineering (GME) program in India itself, before starting my career and sailing for some years now in this field. So would we be exempted from this course?
2. If anyone, with this particular job profile, who has already been through the whole ordeal of migrating and applying to Transport Canada, acquiring a job, etc. could kindly give me a littel insight on how to go about it? I would be really greatful. Are employers considering immigrants for such professions?
I am currenlty just waiting for my application to get assessed and while I am waiting I would like to collect some facts.
Would be really greatful if anyone would be kind enough to shed some light on my questions.
Thanks
can you please share the contact for your agent

Dec 20, 2020
Hey everyone,
Thanks
[/