+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2233 vs NOC 2141 for apparel manufacturing technologist. Please help!

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Folks need your help in finding the right NOC code.
I am broken between
A: 2233 Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians
AND
B: 2141 Industrial and manufacturing engineers

I have a Master's in fashion technology (WES validated) and her job reference letter reads as follows:

.. fulfilled the following responsibilities during tenure:
1. Perform feasibility studies for Dress shirt manufacturing by validating design sketches, calculating
accurate measurements/grade tables & defining accurate technical specifications of the garment.
2. Execute Risk Analysis of dress shirts prior to bulk production and identify possible production
threats & implementation of risk mitigation plans.
3. Work closely with clients on technical issues to model production-friendly samples. Effectively
communicate solutions and alternatives when there are technical difficulties to achieve accurate
product specifications.
4. Oversee manufacturing of Proto, Fit, Size-Set & Gold-seal samples for client approvals followed
by implementation of pilot runs at the factory unit for ensuring quality.
5. Provide technical support, guidance and advice to bridge merchandising and production teams to
achieve timely client approvals.
6. Monitoring factory quality systems by monthly audits and surprise product quality audits.

I am in apparel manufacturing and worked on quality and pre-production of dress shirts in India.

Any suggessions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Kamal Sandhu

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I am broken between
AND

I have a Master's in fashion technology (WES validated) and her job reference letter reads as follows:

1. Perform feasibility studies for Dress shirt manufacturing by validating design sketches, calculating
accurate measurements/grade tables & defining accurate technical specifications of the garment.
2. Execute Risk Analysis of dress shirts prior to bulk production and identify possible production
3. Work closely with clients on technical issues to model production-friendly samples. Effectively
communicate solutions and alternatives when there are technical difficulties to achieve accurate
product specifications.
4. Oversee manufacturing of Proto, Fit, Size-Set & Gold-seal samples for client approvals followed
5. Provide technical support, guidance and advice to bridge merchandising and production teams to
6. Monitoring factory quality systems by monthly audits and surprise product quality audits.

I am in apparel manufacturing and worked on quality and pre-production of dress shirts in India.

Both are not suitable for your profile.

If you are a manager at your job, choose 0911 else 9217

Reactions: javeds

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Both are not suitable for your profile.

If you are a manager at your job, choose 0911 else 9217
Thanks for your reply. While I agree 0911 is appropriate it says 5-10 years experience is an employment requirement which is not my case. I am in this role by virtue of my master's degree. Can you please advise?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks for your reply. While I agree 0911 is appropriate it says 5-10 years experience is an employment requirement which is not my case. I am in this role by virtue of my master's degree. Can you please advise?
How many years of experience do you have? If you have 3+, then you are eligible.

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Thanks again.

Yes. 3yrs and 4months. Can you please point me to some document that tells us about this?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks again.

Yes. 3yrs and 4months. Can you please point me to some document that tells us about this?
Experience. That's what I can say. It your call if you accept it or not.

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Experience. That's what I can say. It your call if you accept it or not.
Thanks for the information. Even I could not find any reference on CIC so I will go by your experience. Thanks again.

Kamal Sandhu

Jun 7, 2019
I am broken between
AND

product specifications.

Kamal Sandhu

Jun 7, 2019
Hi Am also a post graduate 2 years professional diploma holder from Pearl Academy of Fashion. I had worked with Macys merchandising group and other export company for more than 5 years. Had worked as merchandising officer. My profile is exactly like you . Which NOc code I have to opt. Pls. help me .

Pranav2305

Jun 5, 2021
Hi Am also a post graduate 2 years professional diploma holder from Pearl Academy of Fashion. I had worked with Macys merchandising group and other export company for more than 5 years. Had worked as merchandising officer. My profile is exactly like you . Which NOc code I have to opt. Pls. help me .
HI
Did you pearl degree go evaluated ? if yes, please which ECA body did you choose. WES does not evaluate degree from Pearl Academy