+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2173 v/s NOC 2171

beefdaniel

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Hello...Posting the second question within a matter of minutes!

I am an SAP NetWeaver Development Consultant (ABAP + JAVA). In the SAP world we call our self SAP Consultants which would be more in line with NOC 2171. Where as the actual job description is more in line of a software developer in the SAP world. So which NOC would apply to me.

To make things complicated or interesting my current job title is that of a manager (NOC 0213 ??) Insights appreciated!

Cheers!
Dan

slax

Aug 9, 2014
beefdaniel said:
Hello...Posting the second question within a matter of minutes!

I am an SAP NetWeaver Development Consultant (ABAP + JAVA). In the SAP world we call our self SAP Consultants which would be more in line with NOC 2171. Where as the actual job description is more in line of a software developer in the SAP world. So which NOC would apply to me.

To make things complicated or interesting my current job title is that of a manager (NOC 0213 ??) Insights appreciated!

Cheers!
Dan
Since you are applying in Express Entry, i don't think the code matter as much as it mattered in FSW.

But the real questions is do you want to work as developer or consultant? for more clarity check the job description of your profile in Canada job sites.

once you decide that, you will know which code you are applying to 2173 or 2171.

and don't worry about 0213, many of us do not have proper designation in the company and manager is one of the common designations.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
slax said:
Since you are applying in Express Entry, i don't think the code matter as much as it mattered in FSW.

But the real questions is do you want to work as developer or consultant? for more clarity check the job description of your profile in Canada job sites.

once you decide that, you will know which code you are applying to 2173 or 2171.

and don't worry about 0213, many of us do not have proper designation in the company and manager is one of the common designations.
I believe that code actually matters for Express Entry.

If you are lucky enough to be invited to apply, the visa officers will check the job codes corresponding to the work letters. The law states that it is an applicant responsibility to ensure the correctness of a job code. Job code mismatch may result in the corresponding job experience not being recognized by CIC for immigration purpose.