+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2171 - Success/criteria

Septimus32

Jun 17, 2016
Dear All,

I have a query regarding my suitability for the FSV program ( Express entry), could you please answer the below:

1) 8 Years of IT consulting experience (full time paid employment)
2) IT certifications, and certificate training taken
3) Bachelors in Commerce

My work experience is matching the NOC 2171 code, but I have a non-IT academic degree(Commerce). Will that be a rejection for my application as my academic study doesn't not match my current work experience??
please advise. Thanking you all.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unlike Australia and NZ, Canada doesn't bother the irrelevancy of your education to your profession. As long as you could back your claims in EOI with valid proofs, you are good.

Septimus32

Jun 17, 2016
@ldrbjp Thanks for your reply.

I got rejected by the US Visa office in the past on the ground of irrelevant academics with my current profession.
So I wanted to double check and make sure about the CIC process before starting my application preparation through express entry.
I thought the US and Canada follow the same process of academic qualification match with the current profession.

Thanks!

Priyansh

Aug 9, 2016
Hello,

I have similar question. I am bachelors in commerce from Delhi university and msc in international management from uk. I working as SAP consultant and having 4 years of work exp in 2171 but i also got to know that many of 2171 requests with commerce academics who are applying for canada PR are getting rejected.

Is there any success for someone in commerce or management profile in 2171? Please share your ideas , feedback and experiences.

Thanks in advance
Priyansh

Septimus32

Jun 17, 2016
Hello,

I have similar question. I am bachelors in commerce from Delhi university and msc in international management from uk. I working as SAP consultant and having 4 years of work exp in 2171 but i also got to know that many of 2171 requests with commerce academics who are applying for canada PR are getting rejected.

Is there any success for someone in commerce or management profile in 2171? Please share your ideas , feedback and experiences.

Thanks in advance
Priyansh
I guess the best bet would be to take up a course in Canada, if you have the money and age on you.