+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[NOC 2171] Information Security - Job Search in Canada - Express Entry

csam

Apr 7, 2015
Hi,

For professionals working in the field of Information Security / Application Security [ NOC = 2171] and aspiring to search a job in Canada and thereby enriching express entry points ... I see Job Match service not that helpful as yet. The Job Match Service can be used to populate your experience and profile, however in the Certifications section, Neither hot & relevant certifications like CISSP , CISA, CISM, CRISC, CEH, GSEC, Security+ etc are available in the given populated list Nor there is any provision to enter your own Custom Text to mention any of these certifications you possess. Overall it seems difficult to project your real profile using the Job Match Service. Any alternatives as in to do it in a better way ? IMHO Employers may not be interested in half cooked profiles. Any comments / suggestions are welcome on this topic. This may relate well to other streams / NOCs as well.

Regards

ERSIRAJ

May 31, 2016
Hi

I am also an info sec professional who actively looking to settle in Canada.. Wondering have you got any clue on the development

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
csam said:
Hi,

For professionals working in the field of Information Security / Application Security [ NOC = 2171] and aspiring to search a job in Canada and thereby enriching express entry points ... I see Job Match service not that helpful as yet. The Job Match Service can be used to populate your experience and profile, however in the Certifications section, Neither hot & relevant certifications like CISSP , CISA, CISM, CRISC, CEH, GSEC, Security+ etc are available in the given populated list Nor there is any provision to enter your own Custom Text to mention any of these certifications you possess. Overall it seems difficult to project your real profile using the Job Match Service. Any alternatives as in to do it in a better way ? IMHO Employers may not be interested in half cooked profiles. Any comments / suggestions are welcome on this topic. This may relate well to other streams / NOCs as well.

Regards
The Job Bank hasn't been of any help, and it is only a requirement when setting up an EE profile; Do not worry much over it. The Job Bank and the Match service are half-baked tools that CIC/IRCC came up with when they conceived EE, but unfortunately, JB/M has never worked.

IRCC/CIC created this to lure potential employers in Canada and get them advertise their LMIA jobs, but that never happened since the LMIA process is painful and expensive. I see this getting scrapped in the future.

Better alternatives: Job sites (indeed.ca, monster, LinkedIn, etc)

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Experts,

I am moving step by step to have the documents ready beforehand (to avoid later disappointments and delays) and would request you to kindly suggest if the below Roles & Responsibilities are good enough for NOC 2171. This is what I have done earlier as IT Business Analyst, and before sending it to my ex-employer for a reference letter with these points, i wished to seek your suggestions on appropriateness of these points.

Responsibilities:

> Liaise with stakeholders to identify and gather business requirements
> Create requirement documents in standard format with detailed requirement workflow and other pre-requisites to aid information system solutions
> Analyze and study client legacy system to identify gaps and advice appropriate solutions and enhancements to IT system
> Conduct requirement walk-through sessions for Technology and Testing teams
> Collaborate with business and technology areas to ensure the delivery of quality solutions and to give the required Pre-UAT sign-off
> Support the Consulting Manager with secondary market research to aid a Request For Proposal (RFP) response on client/prospect proposed business need

Looking forward to hearing from any expert. Thanks a lot.

Cheers !

sathishg

Jul 24, 2017
Hello Friends,

I am Sathish from India, working as a Information Security Consultant. I have started my immigration process (just preparing for IELTS). It is good that this thread is about NOC 2171 and experts who settled in Canada with Info Security experience could share your experience on Job market in this field and so on which will help us know the current trend in Canada.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sathish.