+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2171. CONFUSED. 2171 EXPERTS PLEASE HELP

thecalendarguy

Feb 26, 2017
Dear All,

Please help me i am from NOC 2171 and i am going to mention below points on my letter head of company if boss approves this. Please let me know if the below mentioned points can be accepted by CIC . I have got ITA and there is very less time remaining now as my ielts scores are expiring soon by 25 march. The profile is of application support for erp tool + erp tool admin + functional analyst for erp tool

Have i selected the correct noc 2171 ? I think yes but somebody said no and i also went thru the cic website so jst asking for second opinion.

IF yes then, please proceed if these are okay as this is what i used to do in the job

1. Handling the administrator’s activities on the internal core system
2. Analyzing workflow, process improvement, and business practices to streamline business operations.
3. Interacting with the internal clients from various departments for gathering requirements and then transferring them into logical and technical views thus providing the inputs to the manager to create the business requirement document.
4. Communicating the end users about the ERP tool and its functionalities in the new joinee and refresher sessions.
5. Prepare ,update and publish the functional training manual on the intranet portal as a support documentation for the existing interface to the end user for future reference
6. Constantly maintaining the quality of the tool by performing exploratory, user acceptance and integration testing to ensure the tool runs smoothly, effectively and efficiently without taking any downtime
7. Actively participating in cross-functional team meetings and collaborating with them to develop and implement business solutions and optimize operations.
8. During upgrading of the tool to a newer version providing the internal clients a detailed walkthrough to the overall process & functionalities of the tool, interface designed, customizations deployed and maintenance aspects relating to information security.
9. Troubleshooting system problems and issues encountered by users relating to populating data fields and data reporting

Tried emailing the NOC email id but there was no reply. Hence posting it here. Please help. Tensed. :'( :'(

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Looks fairly consistent to me.

thecalendarguy

Feb 26, 2017
Hello Kryton,

Thank you thanks a lot +1 for you.So should i take it on letter head then? Hoping there would be no issues.

Guys anyone more from 2171 wants to contribute. I am a bit tensed hence wanted to take more opinions before proceeding.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
thecalendarguy said:
Dear All,

Please help me i am from NOC 2171 and i am going to mention below points on my letter head of company if boss approves this. Please let me know if the below mentioned points can be accepted by CIC . I have got ITA and there is very less time remaining now as my ielts scores are expiring soon by 25 march. The profile is of application support for erp tool + erp tool admin + functional analyst for erp tool

Have i selected the correct noc 2171 ? I think yes but somebody said no and i also went thru the cic website so jst asking for second opinion.

IF yes then, please proceed if these are okay as this is what i used to do in the job

1. Handling the administrator’s activities on the internal core system
2. Analyzing workflow, process improvement, and business practices to streamline business operations.
3. Interacting with the internal clients from various departments for gathering requirements and then transferring them into logical and technical views thus providing the inputs to the manager to create the business requirement document.
4. Communicating the end users about the ERP tool and its functionalities in the new joinee and refresher sessions.
5. Prepare ,update and publish the functional training manual on the intranet portal as a support documentation for the existing interface to the end user for future reference
6. Constantly maintaining the quality of the tool by performing exploratory, user acceptance and integration testing to ensure the tool runs smoothly, effectively and efficiently without taking any downtime
7. Actively participating in cross-functional team meetings and collaborating with them to develop and implement business solutions and optimize operations.
8. During upgrading of the tool to a newer version providing the internal clients a detailed walkthrough to the overall process & functionalities of the tool, interface designed, customizations deployed and maintenance aspects relating to information security.
9. Troubleshooting system problems and issues encountered by users relating to populating data fields and data reporting

Tried emailing the NOC email id but there was no reply. Hence posting it here. Please help. Tensed. :'( :'(
Try the NOC from NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca again. They replied mine in a day, I guess there was smt wrong with their mail or something before...they come up with interesting codes that you may not even bothered looking at (in my case they did)... try now...

Good luck!

thecalendarguy

Feb 26, 2017
Hello Ezgi84 thank you.
I will try. But still just wanted to know if there is any one from 2171 and feels that these are okay. Please let me know. Thank you . Please help. Sorry for trouble :'(

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
thecalendarguy said:
Hello Ezgi84 thank you.
I will try. But still just wanted to know if there is any one from 2171 and feels that these are okay. Please let me know. Thank you . Please help. Sorry for trouble :'(
I checked the forum and foudn this (please add www before) canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/noc-2171-it-consultant-duties-t174527.0.html

Some members discussed this a while ago and maybe you can find the similarities and differences in your reference...

Sorry since I am not from the same NOC I dont have much info for you... :(

Good luck again!

thecalendarguy

Feb 26, 2017
Hey thanks for the link.
I have already went through that. But I did not found it useful.
I just want to know if anybody out there can tell me if mentioned above 9roles and responsibilities are okay to be accepted by cic for 2171 ... So that i can proceed as I am going to get them on letter head.

thecalendarguy

Feb 26, 2017
thecalendarguy said:
Dear All,

1. Handling the administrator’s activities on the internal core system.
3. Confer with the internal clients from various departments for gathering requirements and then transferring them into logical and technical views thus providing the inputs to the manager to create the business requirement document.
4. Presenting and communicating to the end users about the internal core system and its functionalities in the new joinee and refresher sessions.
6. Constantly maintaining the quality of the tool by performing exploratory, user acceptance and integration testing to ensure the core system runs smoothly, effectively and efficiently without taking any downtime
8. During upgrading of the internal core system to a newer version providing the internal clients a detailed walkthrough to the overall process & functionalities of the tool, interfaces designed, customizations deployed and maintenance aspects relating to information security.

Dear NOC 2171 guys please help,

I am sorry to bug you again on this issue. Actually i took a detailed review from docveri for NOC and they suggested me the following.

""The job duties on the reference letter and applicant’s resume suggest NOC codes of 0213 and 2172. Upon detailed review, most duties undertaken by the applicant falls under 0213 and a few duties fall under 2172.
The closest match found is 0213 as more than 50 % of the main duties performed by the applicant are listed under this NOC code, as per the NOC guidelines.
However, a prerequisite of several years of experience needed to qualify for NOC 0213 which the applicant lacks.
Since the applicant is primarily a tool administrator for database system, the applicant is more suitable for NOC 2172. (MY comments: i am a erp tool admin and not a database admin)

We recommend the applicant to choose 2172 and revise the job duties in the reference letter matching NOC 2172.""

MY COMMENTS:
I am super tensed now :'( :'(. Please help. I have got the reference letter also. And FYI i am a erp tool admin functional analyst i am not a database admin. If you want to look my job responsibilities please check the above post

ashpkgo70

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What did you actually do? I am an IT person. Define is simple language.

thecalendarguy

Feb 26, 2017
Hello Ash,

I carried out exactly the same duties which i have mentioned above. Just to let you know more

I used to work as a ERP Tool admin and support the end users who are using the ERP tool. Also used to train the end users in training sessions to make them familiar with the erp tool.
Used to take their requirements and then hand it over to the IT team to customise the same.
Support end users to solve their queries relating to the tool
Prepare training manual and publising on intranet.
Incase if the ERP tool is getting upgraded then conduct testing of the newer version of the tool so that live version can be successfully implemented live Before implementation i used to test the test cases as well.

whatever was mentioned in 9 points its the simpler version of it but the reference letter contains this 9 points

ashpkgo70

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecalendarguy said:
Hello Ash,

I carried out exactly the same duties which i have mentioned above. Just to let you know more

I used to work as a ERP Tool admin and support the end users who are using the ERP tool. Also used to train the end users in training sessions to make them familiar with the erp tool.
Used to take their requirements and then hand it over to the IT team to customise the same.
Support end users to solve their queries relating to the tool
Prepare training manual and publising on intranet.
Incase if the ERP tool is getting upgraded then conduct testing of the newer version of the tool so that live version can be successfully implemented live Before implementation i used to test the test cases as well.

whatever was mentioned in 9 points its the simpler version of it but the reference letter contains this 9 points
Cool. IMO you can apply under 2171. I had similar duties and I applied as well.

thecalendarguy

Feb 26, 2017
Hello Ash,

1...Thank you but you also understood it when i wrote in simple words and used the words ERP and all. I dont know whether CIC will understand this or not. Internal core system is a different word for ERP.

2...Have you got PPR ?
3.. How much percentage you think it is matching 2171 according to you ? is it matching atleast 70 %?

santocan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
thecalendarguy said:
Dear NOC 2171 guys please help,

I am sorry to bug you again on this issue. Actually i took a detailed review from docveri for NOC and they suggested me the following.

""The job duties on the reference letter and applicant’s resume suggest NOC codes of 0213 and 2172. Upon detailed review, most duties undertaken by the applicant falls under 0213 and a few duties fall under 2172.
The closest match found is 0213 as more than 50 % of the main duties performed by the applicant are listed under this NOC code, as per the NOC guidelines.
However, a prerequisite of several years of experience needed to qualify for NOC 0213 which the applicant lacks.
Since the applicant is primarily a tool administrator for database system, the applicant is more suitable for NOC 2172. (MY comments: i am a erp tool admin and not a database admin)

We recommend the applicant to choose 2172 and revise the job duties in the reference letter matching NOC 2172.""

MY COMMENTS:
I am super tensed now :'( :'(. Please help. I have got the reference letter also. And FYI i am a erp tool admin functional analyst i am not a database admin. If you want to look my job responsibilities please check the above post
Hi,

I think ur noc code is 2172.

ur previous posts also suggests that u r doing the roles of an analyst, right?
so i think its 2172.. For 0213 u definitely need a lot of experience. How many years of experience do u have ???
I also know an ERP admin friend who has applied with 2172.

S