+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Noc 2144

Niki..

Oct 7, 2020
As my NOC code is 2214 and it's a regulated profession, will the provinces gave permission for pr once I meet the pnp scores and cutoffs, or should I wait until I get get the license... Please advise

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can still apply. It is not necessarily regulated. You don’t need to be a P.Eng. What provinces state this?

Niki..

Oct 7, 2020
You can still apply. It is not necessarily regulated. You don’t need to be a P.Eng. What provinces state this?
Thanks...but I thought as it's a regulated profession may be the provinces will be reluctant to issue a nomination with out license

Niki..

Oct 7, 2020
Thanks...but I thought as it's a regulated profession may be the provinces will be reluctant to issue a nomination with out license
Saskatchewan is asking for it... I don't know any other provinces have asked for it....

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is your NOC and CRS score? Your Title says 2144 but your first post says 2214. 2214 doesn’t need licensing as it isn’t on Saskatchewan‘s list. Do you have family in Saskatchewan because if you don’t you will not have enough points (minimum of 69 was last draw).

Niki..

Oct 7, 2020
Sorry for the typo error.. It's 2144, geological engineer...actually I didn't apply till now and will be applying in 3 months.. Just researching the pattern... It's noted that saskatchewan has the opportunity for 2144 jobs as it's in demand.. But for that one you have to register with APEGS which is the governing body for license issuence to engineers... Only after getting the license we could apply for SINP..?? But as this noc is regulated profession I am not sure if the other provinces will give an invitation.. Or is there any chances,from your best knowledge, that any province will give an invitation... I will give my ielts in 2 months and have a masters degree with 8 years of experience.. Please advise

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
SINP states you may need licensing. Your profession is a regulated profession in Canada so you can’t work as an engineer until certified. Look at the process. Again what is your CR and score for Saskatchewan. Assume you have your ECA.

Niki..

Oct 7, 2020
Sorry... I said you I was researching... Will start all the process by the end of November or December.... Thanks for your kind concern and time