+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2132 Without PENG in Ontario

bshahi

Nov 25, 2019
First post in the forum,

So i am going to apply for PR under CEC stream in EE. i have almost all documents ready but only thing holding me back is the NOC code.
Currently i am working as a mechanical design engineer (with masters degree in mechanical) and i would like to use NOC code 2132 in my profile, the thing which is holding me back is "Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)" this line under requirement section.

now my questions are
1. Whether i can use this NOC code at all ?
2. Or i can use it but as the line say "to approve engineering drawings and reports ...." i would exclude such things from my job duties.

Also tell me if someone did this already and got a PR

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
First post in the forum,

So i am going to apply for PR under CEC stream in EE. i have almost all documents ready but only thing holding me back is the NOC code.
Currently i am working as a mechanical design engineer (with masters degree in mechanical) and i would like to use NOC code 2132 in my profile, the thing which is holding me back is "Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)" this line under requirement section.

now my questions are
1. Whether i can use this NOC code at all ?
2. Or i can use it but as the line say "to approve engineering drawings and reports ...." i would exclude such things from my job duties.

Also tell me if someone did this already and got a PR
Hi,
May I know any update in your case?
I am applying for CEC and have same situation.
Also, my education background is chemical engineer (NOC 2134) but my current canadian work is project manager with mechanical engineer duties (NOC 2132).
I am in EIT and passed academic assessment from PEO and just need to have PPE exam.
Thanks

bshahi

Nov 25, 2019
Hello
I just got pr few days ago
I did not proceed with 2132
Instead i use mechanical engineer technician 2232
I do have EIT and waiting for PPE exam
But i wanted to keep case as streamlined and simple as possible
I suggest go with 2232 ,

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Hello
I suggest go with 2232 ,
Very happy for you,, congratulation

The problem is my educational background which is in chemical engineering and I got my master in chemical eng. in Canada.
Also my current job is project manager for food industries. I have to quote, design and manage project installation and commissioning.

So, I'm confused between NOC 2232, 2132 or 2134 considering my duties and my education.

bshahi

Nov 25, 2019
Yes see our responsibilities against the requirements looks like we are 21xx but here is a thing
There is nothing bad in choosing lower noc code but choosing the one like 21XX immi officer might ask for certification which we don’t have yet so do put yourself into such position

Reactions: snsajedi

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
Hi,
I am a prospective new immigrant waiting for my CoPR who has masters in mechanical engineering. I have experience working in United States in the design department of oil and gas industry (2 years) and I also have experience in automotive production and design ( 1 year in Sydney Australia). Me and my wife are planning to move to Ontario since she is a software engineer and ontario provides good opportunities. From your experience, would you have any suggestions for me, like anything i can do while waiting for my PR, that will help me get a job there little faster?

bshahi

Nov 25, 2019
Hi,
I am a prospective new immigrant waiting for my CoPR who has masters in mechanical engineering. I have experience working in United States in the design department of oil and gas industry (2 years) and I also have experience in automotive production and design ( 1 year in Sydney Australia). Me and my wife are planning to move to Ontario since she is a software engineer and ontario provides good opportunities. From your experience, would you have any suggestions for me, like anything i can do while waiting for my PR, that will help me get a job there little faster?
I have seen that you accumulated enough experience in your field i suggest to prepare for an engineering certification like PENG if you wanted to move and live in ontario, processing application took around 3-4 months just to begin, overall process took 3-4 years. well this is what i am doing right now.

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
I have seen that you accumulated enough experience in your field i suggest to prepare for an engineering certification like PENG if you wanted to move and live in ontario, processing application took around 3-4 months just to begin, overall process took 3-4 years. well this is what i am doing right now.
Thank you for the feedback. I will be starting that as soon as I am physically present in Canada and have PR, since those are the requirements.
We are also considering Alberta as our second choice. What are your thoughts of getting a mechanical/design job over there instead of Ontario?

Dharmesh0237

Feb 24, 2021
Hello
I suggest go with 2232 ,
Bro,
Hi,
I mentioned noc 2132 in EE profile but later i realized that my noc should be 2232. So is that ok if i used 2232 job duties?
Pleade help me out as i am in so stressed