+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 1311- bookkeeper- overseas experience!!

Khapa

Aug 3, 2019
Hi, I have worked as a bookkeeper from August, 2009 to September, 2014.
At this time I was doing Bachelors of Business Administration (2008-2012). Now my question is how many years of skilled experience can I claim? I have worked 39 hours per week.

this is an extract of what is mentioned on NOC employment requirements:
Employment requirements
  • Completion of secondary school is required.
  • Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field or completion of two years (first level) of a recognized professional accounting program (e.g., Chartered Accounting, Certified General Accounting) or courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with several years of experience as a financial or accounting clerk are required.

does this mean that I can only claim post qualification experience (I.e. 2012-14)?

Khapa

Aug 3, 2019
I was thinking that I can claim more than three years of experience however I am confused as it writes completion of college program or two years of accounting degree or courses in accounting with several years of exp.

Pam27

Oct 17, 2020
Hi Khapa, I have the same issue like you. How did you go with your application? I really hope it worked for you! Please kindly help!
I was thinking that I can claim more than three years of experience however I am confused as it writes completion of college program or two years of accounting degree or courses in accounting with several years of exp.