+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 1242 Legal administrative assistants

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Technically I am 1242 as well, but opted to 1241- administrative assistant in my profile. I imagine it will be dificult to get employed in a law office just because it is very different than my country.

But hello :)

dilrajb

Sep 2, 2015
:D HALLO..

my crs points is 325. I am trying to increase this score through lifting IELTS score. What you think about applying at this point of time.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you should definitely enter the pool, it doesn't cost anything., and who knows, perhaps job bank will start functioning soon.. my crs is 455.

what is your education level and what country are you applying from?

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
I am NOC 1242 - mainly because there isn't a NOC for my position but its what they gave me for my LMIA and closed work permit.

I received my PPR for this NOC under CEC - score without bothering to do WES or anything 903 I think.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is great!
I was under the impression it is unlikely to get lmia for this noc... congrafulations on your Ppr :)

dilrajb

Sep 2, 2015
HI,
I am completed my credentials and had 4years bachelors course. I am from India actually, and i had completed Bachelor in Laws. But my Job duties are related with the Legal Assistant/Legal Administrative Assistant. Its not good to be a lawyer here in India but quiet good to be Lawyer's Assistant. So I am applied on that category. Can I apply for Admin Assistant (like you).

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what ever you apply under, you will need to prove that job discription matches the NOC code you claim in your profile, and that you can get employer letter confirming this.

I work in a law office aswell, but have Bachelors in Economics, so technically my employers could not writte everything I do in this office, as technically I dont have the necessary quolifications for a lot of tasks I do here.. hence, saying just administrative office assistant worked better in my case. I have close to years of work experiance in the same position.

what is important is that you choose the apropriate NOC code that your employer will verify, and that you have the necessary time period in this occupation.

325 is quite low for the current ee system, so while you wate, it might be a good idea to enroll into some courses that could go towards your education., and that you can later claim as having two credentials. Since you already have the necesary 3 year Bechelor degree, you can take a shorter diploma course to go with that..

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
yelena said:
That is great!
I was under the impression it is unlikely to get lmia for this noc... congrafulations on your Ppr :)
Thank you! I thought that might be the impression, that's why I shared in case others thought it was a waste of time too. If you can get your employer to go for it to boost your score it'll help.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
britinvancouver said:
Thank you! I thought that might be the impression, that's why I shared in case others thought it was a waste of time too. If you can get your employer to go for it to boost your score it'll help.
Definitely! I am fsw outside canada, and never even been there :/ getting any sort of job in these circumstances is quite a challange.. but if for some reason we are not sucessfull this time, at least i know there are options like lmia.

Ps. What is the job market for this really like? If we get there, Vancuver is one of the cities we are thinking about..
i dont necesserily need to work in a law office, but would like to stay within office environment.

My other degree is in arts, but honestly i dont think about that as a full time job ;)

dilrajb

Sep 2, 2015
My employers agreed to help me to provide what i need. Actually my work experience is always related with admin Assistant, But it is in a legal profession (trademark, corporate, IPR, ADR). I also have Legal qualification to be a lawyer. license to practice as an attorney. But i am always performed as a legal admin assistant.

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
yelena said:
Definitely! I am fsw outside canada, and never even been there :/ getting any sort of job in these circumstances is quite a challange.. but if for some reason we are not sucessfull this time, at least i know there are options like lmia.

Ps. What is the job market for this really like? If we get there, Vancuver is one of the cities we are thinking about..
i dont necesserily need to work in a law office, but would like to stay within office environment.

My other degree is in arts, but honestly i dont think about that as a full time job ;)
I actually work in Insurance - nothing to do with law and my job duties don't at all match those under NOC 1242! Think they had to go with it as my work permit/LMIA was issued under that code! There isn't one for my job description. In the UK I was NOC 1241.

You can easily get a job in an office for temporary work or maternity leave, friends have started with that. Permanent job offers are hard to come by not everyone hires straight away you may have to go in temporarily and see where you land up.

I'd never been to Canada before I came here on a Working holiday visa. Absolutely love it! :)

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great input britinvancuver :)
I really hope I will get a chance to experiance canada as well :)

dilrajb

Sep 2, 2015
Anyone please give me an insight about filing at this point of time with 325 crs points (criteria 67 met).

ramanjot

Oct 6, 2012
HI,
I am completed my credentials and had 4years bachelors course. I am from India actually, and i had completed Bachelor in Laws. But my Job duties are related with the Legal Assistant/Legal Administrative Assistant. Its not good to be a lawyer here in India but quiet good to be Lawyer's Assistant. So I am applied on that category. Can I apply for Admin Assistant (like you).
Hi there could u please elaborate further