+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Noc 1241 & 1452 (struggling...)

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Hello Neyya,

I was in the same situation. I was struggling between 1241 and 1454, but I had much more confidence about my work experience that should fall under 1241 rather than 1454 because of my actual duties matching more closely to 1241. My previous employer also agreed with it and I submitted my reference letter with 1241, and now I received the PPR. Go for your belief and just make sure all the responsibilities and duties in your letter are well matched to the one of 1241.
Hey Krystine I'm happy you got PPR. I'm still waiting and last week I got a ghost update, I hope it's a good sign. But yeah just try to match your duties as closely as possible with the duties in the desired NOC, as long as employer agrees it should be fine. I'm still hoping mine is fine lol my job titled referred to 1452 but my duties were more like 1241 so this is what I submitted.

Reactions: Krystine

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hey Krystine I'm happy you got PPR. I'm still waiting and last week I got a ghost update, I hope it's a good sign. But yeah just try to match your duties as closely as possible with the duties in the desired NOC, as long as employer agrees it should be fine. I'm still hoping mine is fine lol my job titled referred to 1452 but my duties were more like 1241 so this is what I submitted.
Thank you, mate. I do wish your speedy PPR very soon. You almost there as well. :)

VP Malviya

Jun 2, 2018
Hello Neyya,

I was in the same situation. I was struggling between 1241 and 1454, but I had much more confidence about my work experience that should fall under 1241 rather than 1454 because of my actual duties matching more closely to 1241. My previous employer also agreed with it and I submitted my reference letter with 1241, and now I received the PPR. Go for your belief and just make sure all the responsibilities and duties in your letter are well matched to the one of 1241.
Hey m in similiar situation can you provide me your contact on my mail I’d : Vaishali.malviya91@gmail.com, I have some queries and m closer to submit e-apr

Nickb89

Dec 31, 2018
hi all, My wife has recently cleared IELTS with 8777 and we are in process of evaluating education certificate, in the meanwhile, I want to get the experience/ref letters from the employer. She has 4+ years of experience working as an Admin assistant. Please let me know which all documents (notarized or not) required. Also, if you have a sample then please share.

NOC: 1241

Aspirant777

Apr 1, 2019
Faridabad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
None
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
No
Dear all,

I am having one question about what can be factors distinguishes between the above NOCs:
1241 (Administrative Assistant, NOC B) and 1452 (Correspondence, publication and regulatory clerks, NOC C)

I was working in a publishing company as an assistant who is giving an direct support to the senior management and a general manager of the company, assisting with major projects related to sales increase, and acting as an initiate contact to local publishers and our overseas head office related to rights clearance issue. I found my most suitable NOC as 1241 when I searched the main job description from NOC lists. But at the same time, 1452's job description looks pretty much similar to 1241, but 1452 falls under NOC C.

Wondering if IRCC also considers the educational requirements and/or average salary into consideration?
Considering my educational requirements (required a minimum of a bachelor degree) and the salary fits to 1241, which average salaries was $33,000 in 2011 and mine was about the same.

Does anyone go under similar situation and have gotten their PR under 1241 successfully?
Hey guys... Just read your conversation... Plz help me too
As I joined a government bank as a clerk. And I have 4 yrs of experience. But my NOC CODE IS 1434 SKILL TYPE C...
IS THERE ANY OTHER CLOSELY RELATED NOC CODE WHICH I CAN USE. ND WHICH HAVE THE MORE LIKELY DUTIES?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
hi all, My wife has recently cleared IELTS with 8777 and we are in process of evaluating education certificate, in the meanwhile, I want to get the experience/ref letters from the employer. She has 4+ years of experience working as an Admin assistant. Please let me know which all documents (notarized or not) required. Also, if you have a sample then please share.
NOC: 1241
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hey guys... Just read your conversation... Plz help me too
As I joined a government bank as a clerk. And I have 4 yrs of experience. But my NOC CODE IS 1434 SKILL TYPE C...
IS THERE ANY OTHER CLOSELY RELATED NOC CODE WHICH I CAN USE. ND WHICH HAVE THE MORE LIKELY DUTIES?
Have you received any promotions.. (e..g supervisor)?

Crucialguy

Oct 24, 2018
Hi Everyone.

I am from banking industry NOC 0124 and its being 4 years i am designated as Operations manager of a branch.

I request input from all wether i am thinking right or not in respect of NOC 1241 Administrative Assistant, because it is in demand list of Nova Scotia.

At IRCC website, they have mentioned 11 job responsibilities under NOC 1241 and among those 9 are administrative work that can be found "in any work environment" . What i think, since i am running all operations of the bank branch, i can also opt this in order to apply for Nova Scotia pnp.

But the problem is, my bank will not issue letter mentioning roles and responsibilities. A letter from colleague can be taken confirming these responsibilities.

Purpose of opting NOC 1241 is that its in demand list of Nova Scotia.

mitch2002

Nov 21, 2019
Hello house, please i need help in choosing the most appropriate NOC. I worked as an Internal control officer in a bank and below was my job description. I'm contemplating between NOC 1111 and NOC 1122. Also, if there is another NOC that is closer to my job description kindly let me know.

Ensure compliance with the bank’s policies, procedures and existing laws at all times
Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor internal controls risk assessment and audit exceptions
Generate follow up reports to management on exceptions raised from the bank’s operations daily activities review
Ensure that concessionary withdrawal and transfers charges on domiciliary accounts are carried out in line with the banks’ policy
Develop and implement appropriate control operating procedures to ensure compliance with the bank’s policies.
Review of standing instruction, account maintenance concessions, interest rate concessions, deleted transactions and authorized transactions to ensure there are no regulatory or operational risk issues
Daily review of Overdraft facility bookings and ensure that the rate, tenor, limit, repayment terms and the upfront fees are in line with the bank’s policy.
Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting, financial, operational procedures and controls.
Ensure integrity of transactions and general ledger account in the bank through daily review of the general ledger balance reports and other relevant ad hoc and standard reports.
Assess the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard the organization’s assets by conducting quarterly verification of idle assets and obsolete items
Conduct stock count, security sweep, premises review, spot check and report rendition
Review documentations for account opening and ensure it is in line with the bank’s standards.

Thank you

rahull65

Jul 22, 2019
I was in a similar situation for so long with no concrete answer to my questions. So what I did was I made sure my job descriptions matched closely with the NOC B code I used as opposed to the NOC C that somewhat matched as well. I sent in my application with hopes that I won't get rejected for that, and today I am a PR.

What I'm trying to say is, if you think your JD matches 70-80% with NOC 1241, go with it and hope/pray for the best. Good luck :)
Hi... Can you tell me how much time does it take to get a ita for 1241?? My crs score is 393??

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi... Can you tell me how much time does it take to get a ita for 1241?? My crs score is 393??

Your NOC code does not affect how long it takes to receive an ITA, but your score. Yours seems pretty low going by the draws they have been conducting. I suggest you find ways to improve that score, e.g, retake your English test, take a second language test (if you are good with that), increase your work experience, etc. Good luck

rahull65

Jul 22, 2019
Your NOC code does not affect how long it takes to receive an ITA, but your score. Yours seems pretty low going by the draws they have been conducting. I suggest you find ways to improve that score, e.g, retake your English test, take a second language test (if you are good with that), increase your work experience, etc. Good luck
But the cut off for alberta is 350 300 only.. So is there any chances I can get ita from alberta??

Roy Rajorshi

Nov 15, 2019
SINP--OID--AFTER ITA

After a long war I manage my Manager & Division Head to sign on ref letter as HR refused to give. Now my question are.... in same company i am working for 10 years.

1. In my current division I am working for 3 yr. but in my application claimed point for10 yr. if my manager sign for 10 yr experience. Will that be ok?

2. I have pay slips for last 10 yr. some of them collected last week shows recent date but has paid month on the top, will that be ok?

3. In my pay slips it shows various departmental transfer but same post in same company will that make any issue?

my noc is 1241 Administrative assistants

4. I dont have any secretarial certificate but showing previous clerical experience for 4 year in the same job ref letter. Would SINP count that as employ requirements to allow me nomination?