+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 1221 - Administrative Officers.. Help

CAN_DJ

Dec 14, 2015
Hi All,

I am planning to apply under the NOC code 1221 Administrative officers. Could our longtime members look at my job description and let me know if I can.

Position - Administrative Officer - Scientific Information Review Assistant

Duties

• Associated with Data Cleansing Project team to ensure SPC and PIL records for licensed medicines held by the (company name) are up to date and suitable for Publications on (company name) website as per new Pharmacovigilance Legislation.
• Proof reading and editing official medicinal information and other related scientific documents of medicines licensed in the UK to ensure they reflect correct product data
• Corresponding companies regarding Marketing Authorisation applications for medicines licensed within the UK.
• Document management and Record keeping.
• Consulting with other assessment team, management and external advisers regarding assessment reports relating to marketing authorization applications.
• Work within deadlines and meet targets for project completion by assisting and delegation of work as required by team.
• Maintained accurate records, audit trails for all internal/external communications using procedure spreadsheets, secure information channels and databases to the highest possible standard.
• Assisted in the coordination, supervision, and completion of projects, as appropriate.
• Performed miscellaneous job-related administrative duties as assigned.

Id be really grateful for your help

Thanks

DJ

petertherock77

Sep 13, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Doc's Request.
10-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2016
Interview........
04-25-2017
Passport Req..
04-25-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-26-2017
LANDED..........
08-22-2017
CAN_DJ said:
Hi All,

I am planning to apply under the NOC code 1221 Administrative officers. Could our longtime members look at my job description and let me know if I can.

Duties

• Associated with Data Cleansing Project team to ensure SPC and PIL records for licensed medicines held by the (company name) are up to date and suitable for Publications on (company name) website as per new Pharmacovigilance Legislation.
• Proof reading and editing official medicinal information and other related scientific documents of medicines licensed in the UK to ensure they reflect correct product data
• Corresponding companies regarding Marketing Authorisation applications for medicines licensed within the UK.
• Consulting with other assessment team, management and external advisers regarding assessment reports relating to marketing authorization applications.
• Work within deadlines and meet targets for project completion by assisting and delegation of work as required by team.
• Maintained accurate records, audit trails for all internal/external communications using procedure spreadsheets, secure information channels and databases to the highest possible standard.
• Assisted in the coordination, supervision, and completion of projects, as appropriate.

Thanks

DJ
Hi, which province are you looking to apply with this NOC?

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CAN_DJ said:
Hi All,

Duties

Thanks

DJ
Looks like you are misrepresenting yourself with NOC1221 Skill Level B, look for other available NOC's. To me your job description falls under NOC C which is ineligible in Express Entry.

CAN_DJ

Dec 14, 2015
Hi, I have created a profile in express entry and got an invite from OOPNP.. Is this okay?

FMCAD are u sure?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
unfortunately, I would agree that your duties do not correspond with NOC 1221. You don't say anything about preparing budgets or orverseeing a unit or department...

You have to find the NOC that best matches your job duties, not your title.

Unfortunately, the one that seems to match most closely is NOC 1452 (Skill Level C).
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1452&val65=proofread

A step up could be:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1122&val65=quality

But I don't think that's a good fit, based on your job duties...

CAN_DJ

Dec 14, 2015
but i wasnt a clerk.. How about 1241 administrative assistants... some of my job duties match there

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does your Job Description currently reflect what you are actually doing? Are there additional duties that are missing that might bump you up a level?

As it stands, the majority of your duties need to match the NOC that you wish to apply under. At the moment that is not NOC 1221.

CAN_DJ

Dec 14, 2015
Hi ozlis.. thanks for your input.. I have checked NOC 1241 admin assistants and my duties match there.. can you check and see if I m okay applying under 1241.. Thanks a lot

CAN_DJ

Dec 14, 2015
ok thanks a lot.. i guess maybe ill modify it a bit more to suit 1241

any input from others also most welcome... asivad?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If you have a trusted supervisor/manager (whomever will sign the Letter of Employment), you can ask them to review with you the job duties and compare to the NOC Code you think applies.

Perhaps they can help you write a job description that corresponds better with the most appropriate NOC.

BTW - there are more than a few occupations that seem to be unfairly classified as skill level C, no one here would argue differently...

CAN_DJ

Dec 14, 2015
ok thanks a lot i will ask him to help me out with the JD.. do u still think 1241 is a good match? sorry I am so worried..

sowmyasudan

Jan 8, 2018
Hi ,
I am planning to apply under NOC 1221. Kindly look at the responsibilities below and confirm if I am right:
· Inputs project information into databases and completes project set up process

• Maintain project documentations such as project plans, meeting minutes, contracts, bid packages, technical and financial close outs, etc.
  • Monitor project progress and timelines and prepares status reports to assist with timely project delivery.
  • Work with relevant stakeholders to collect vendor qualification documentations and ensure vendors are activated and set up within financial systems.
  • Execute the purchase order process.
  • Reconcile purchase orders to invoices to ensure accuracy.
  • Prepare various reports to support monitoring of project progress, costs, key performance indicators, etc.
  • Review and communicate risks to Project Managers. Executes project close out requirements.
  • Gather and ensure receipt and sign-off of all project documentations. File project documentations.
  • Ensure receipt of all invoices. Follow up with vendors where required. Reconcile purchases to invoices to ensure accuracy and ensure all invoices are paid.
  • Review and reconcile actual project expenses against cost estimates.
  • Perform administrative support tasks, such as preparing project status updates, meeting materials and capturing actions and follow ups.
  • Maintaining of multiple reports on key projects to support PMO team.
  • Provide assistance to the PMO Project Managers to maintain and update the project management framework.
  • Tracking project schedules for small projects and facilitating weekly status calls and fortnightly status reports.
  • Tracking project change requests.
  • Assist in the maintenance of project documentation within PMO application and the creation of projects within the system.
  • Handle communications and correspondence both internally and externally with the management team which could include responding to customer inquiries or complaints.
  • Ensure employee timesheets are submitted within deadline and provide approvals for direct reportees.
  • Perform resource planning, track project status, revenue, budget and forecast.
  • Provide orientation and training for new employees.
  • Arrange laptops / desktops required for new employees and teams.
  • Coordinate all service awards for teams.
  • Travel coordination including itinerary, transportation, hotel and expense reimbursement.
  • Assist in all aspects of movement to new ODC’s to ensure a smooth transition for everyone involved.
  • Coordinate Business continuity plan for ODC’s across India.

sahar68

Oct 25, 2018
Hi ,
I am planning to apply under NOC 1221. Kindly look at the responsibilities below and confirm if I am right:
· Inputs project information into databases and completes project set up process

• Maintain project documentations such as project plans, meeting minutes, contracts, bid packages, technical and financial close outs, etc.
  • Monitor project progress and timelines and prepares status reports to assist with timely project delivery.
  • Work with relevant stakeholders to collect vendor qualification documentations and ensure vendors are activated and set up within financial systems.
  • Execute the purchase order process.
  • Reconcile purchase orders to invoices to ensure accuracy.
  • Prepare various reports to support monitoring of project progress, costs, key performance indicators, etc.
  • Review and communicate risks to Project Managers. Executes project close out requirements.
  • Gather and ensure receipt and sign-off of all project documentations. File project documentations.
  • Ensure receipt of all invoices. Follow up with vendors where required. Reconcile purchases to invoices to ensure accuracy and ensure all invoices are paid.
  • Review and reconcile actual project expenses against cost estimates.
  • Perform administrative support tasks, such as preparing project status updates, meeting materials and capturing actions and follow ups.
  • Maintaining of multiple reports on key projects to support PMO team.
  • Provide assistance to the PMO Project Managers to maintain and update the project management framework.
  • Tracking project schedules for small projects and facilitating weekly status calls and fortnightly status reports.
  • Tracking project change requests.
  • Assist in the maintenance of project documentation within PMO application and the creation of projects within the system.
  • Handle communications and correspondence both internally and externally with the management team which could include responding to customer inquiries or complaints.
  • Ensure employee timesheets are submitted within deadline and provide approvals for direct reportees.
  • Perform resource planning, track project status, revenue, budget and forecast.
  • Provide orientation and training for new employees.
  • Arrange laptops / desktops required for new employees and teams.
  • Coordinate all service awards for teams.
  • Travel coordination including itinerary, transportation, hotel and expense reimbursement.
  • Assist in all aspects of movement to new ODC’s to ensure a smooth transition for everyone involved.
  • Coordinate Business continuity plan for ODC’s across India.
Hi,
I m project coordinator and my duties are almost the same as you, could you please guide me did it work for you under NOC 1221? thanks, appreciate it