vdp

Dec 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I made a profile on the CIC on December 10, 2015 (464 points)
Although I have made my profile with 1122 NOC code (Professional occupations in business management consulting), now I am confused and feel that I should had made it with the 4163 NOC code (Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants).

I work with a consulting organization and my job title is Consultant, my responsibilities include:
1. Market research.
2. Market assessment (market sizing)
3. Competitive intelligence
4. Pursuit (RFP/RFQ) coordination and management

I can elaborate more on these job responsibilities, but I am concerned because this is not covered fully in either 1122 or 4163 NOC codes.

Any help or guidance on this matter is highly appreciated.

Soleil2015

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
HI VDP

i would advise you not to change anything this year cause yu may be selected soon for an ITA
how ever untill January you were not selected then you may change to 4163 cause it suits you more.
:)

vdp said:
I made a profile on the CIC on December 10, 2015 (464 points)
Although I have made my profile with 1122 NOC code (Professional occupations in business management consulting), now I am confused and feel that I should had made it with the 4163 NOC code (Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants).

I work with a consulting organization and my job title is Consultant, my responsibilities include:
1. Market research.
2. Market assessment (market sizing)
3. Competitive intelligence
4. Pursuit (RFP/RFQ) coordination and management

I can elaborate more on these job responsibilities, but I am concerned because this is not covered fully in either 1122 or 4163 NOC codes.

Any help or guidance on this matter is highly appreciated.

vdp

Dec 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soleil2015 said:
HI VDP

i would advise you not to change anything this year cause yu may be selected soon for an ITA
how ever untill January you were not selected then you may change to 4163 cause it suits you more.
:)
Thanks Soleil2015,

Quick question - After one receives an ITA, are we allowed to change the NOC codes?
Also the 4163 NOC code requires a graduation degree in business administration, my graduation is in an engineering field so that might be a problem.
However, I have a MBA and both of my degrees (Grad and Post Grad) are qualified by WES Canada.

Soleil2015

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
vdp said:
Thanks Soleil2015,

Quick question - After one receives an ITA, are we allowed to change the NOC codes?
Also the 4163 NOC code requires a graduation degree in business administration, my graduation is in an engineering field so that might be a problem.
However, I have a MBA and both of my degrees (Grad and Post Grad) are qualified by WES Canada.
I'm not sure if you could change your NOC code after ITA but i would advise you to choose the NOC with DOCUMENTED work experience i.e. you have already got employment letters fro your company that you cand do this job and its profile matches the NOC code you chose.

because what i am sure of CIC will ask for these letters.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
vdp said:
Thanks Soleil2015,

vdp, why would you like to change the noc code after ITA?

Your EOI will be locked after ITA afaik.

Can i ask you for a favor to add your details on myimmitracker.com/canada-ee - i am trying to compile a list of candidates there....

vdp

Dec 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy108 said:
vdp, why would you like to change the noc code after ITA?

Your EOI will be locked after ITA afaik.

Can i ask you for a favor to add your details on myimmitracker.com/canada-ee - i am trying to compile a list of candidates there....
Thanks andy108

I'll add my details on the web site you mentioned.

Since I was not sure about the NOC, I was exploring the option of changing the code after receiving the ITA.
But now that you have told me, I'll quickly work on the reference letters and modify content in the letters to match the descriptions provided on the CIC NOC Codes Web site.

I think the only way they can determine my experience is by cross-verifying with the references I provide, right?

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can change your NOC post ITA, but I would not advise anyone to do that. In case of a PNP, the province selects you on the basis of NOC provided by the applicant while creating the EE profile.

vdp, your profile falls in 4163. It is not necessary that your entire role and responsibilities should match with the NOC title described by HRD Ministry.

Also, for NOC 4163 a bachelor's degree in economics, commerce, business administration or public administration is required. Since you have done your MBA in Business Administration, it should be fine.

vdp

Dec 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niravk said:
You can change your NOC post ITA, but I would not advise anyone to do that. In case of a PNP, the province selects you on the basis of NOC provided by the applicant while creating the EE profile.

vdp, your profile falls in 4163. It is not necessary that your entire role and responsibilities should match with the NOC title described by HRD Ministry.

Also, for NOC 4163 a bachelor's degree in economics, commerce, business administration or public administration is required. Since you have done your MBA in Business Administration, it should be fine.
Thanks niravk,
Per your suggestion I should withdraw and re-transmit my profile with the NOC code 4163.
Would I need to re-create the job bank account as well?

But what if I am able to get most of the duties/responsibilities of 1122 on a reference letter from a superior on a plain paper with a business card attached to it (getting this on a company letterhead is not possible, as the policy doesn't allow employees or HR personnel to provide references).

If that would still be a concern, then I'll just re-transmit my profile with 4163.

Geetha04

Jan 3, 2019
  • Receive and register forms, records and other documents for data capture.
  • Input data into computerized databases, spreadsheets or other templates using a keyboard, mouse, or Applications.
  • Import and/or export data between different kinds of applications and Verify accuracy and completeness of data
  • Reviews and processes a variety of transactions for shareholders client s and brokers
  • Performs a variety of data entry functions with accuracy and proficiency
  • Performs shareholder maintenance updates, coding and basic inquiries and requests
  • Reads, interprets and comprehends written instructions received from a variety of sources.
  • Follows instructions when processing items efficiently and in a timely manner in accordance with established productivity standards
  • Responds to inquiries and requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring quality standards are considered.

These are my roles and responsibilities can i apply under NOC 1122