+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 1122 - missed or cheated

Abhijit

Jun 10, 2010
Oman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
After applying for Canadian Immigration 3rd times last July, I was hoping to get my application through.I was tracking my courier and capping status which opened in 1st July 2010 and was very much to my favor as my documents was received on 4th Aug 2010 and at that time the updated status report was showing close to 250 application against 500 application quota allotted for NOC-1122. But today I received a call from my agent informing me that my application has been returned back as it was received after the capping. I am really shocked and don't know what to do. I have saved and blocked my money as well as remained in the same job where as I was getting better break, just to avoid any last minute hick-ups to Canadian Immigration. After all these I am feeling as if I have been cheated by Canadian government in the name of immigration.
Is there any ways to appeal to re assess my application as I have applied very much within the stipulated time and with all supportive documents needed.
I don't know how to face my wife and kids with whom I have not shared this information on our application status yet.
I am not ready to wait for another year and again be cheated on similar terms.

Guide and assist if anybody can!!!
Abhijit

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
Abhijit said:
Dear All,
After applying for Canadian Immigration 3rd times last July, I was hoping to get my application through.I was tracking my courier and capping status which opened in 1st July 2010 and was very much to my favor as my documents was received on 4th Aug 2010 and at that time the updated status report was showing close to 250 application against 500 application quota allotted for NOC-1122. But today I received a call from my agent informing me that my application has been returned back as it was received after the capping. I am really shocked and don't know what to do. I have saved and blocked my money as well as remained in the same job where as I was getting better break, just to avoid any last minute hick-ups to Canadian Immigration. After all these I am feeling as if I have been cheated by Canadian government in the name of immigration.
Is there any ways to appeal to re assess my application as I have applied very much within the stipulated time and with all supportive documents needed.
I don't know how to face my wife and kids with whom I have not shared this information on our application status yet.

Abhijit
Since you were applying for the third time you should have been very carefull and you should have been send your appliocation on 1st july.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The cap for NOC 1122 was reached on July 7th. So your application was received far too late to be accepted. Unfortunately appealing / reassessing your application is not possible.

There is a NOC 1122 discussion thread on this forum and many members of this thread missed the cap as well. As you'll see from their discussions, your only real options are to try applying again next year when the cap re-opens, obtaining a job offer in Canada so that you can apply even if the cap has been reached - or applying through another immigration category. Here's the thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/1122-post-application-on-july-2011-lets-share-t75823.3045.html

samirsa

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2012
Doc's Request.
same date
AOR Received.
Application returned due to CAP reached
IELTS Request
with application
LANDED..........
When god allow
Abhijit said:
Dear All,

Abhijit
Hi Abhijit

I am very sorry read this. However, I must encourage you to reapply, though it is tough and need support of luck. However, why did you need third time apply? What happen previous application?

samirsa

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
You mean you applied on 2010 or 2011.

2011 for a fact the cap reached on 07th or 8th July. However the update came in late to the system.

There is no way to appeal. 04th Aug is too late.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Bad Luck... Send on 1st of next July. There is no trickery here, CAP update on Web is late, and does not represent actual date...The CIC website where we check our CAP says at the bottom:

Note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, the CIO cannot review each application for completeness on the same day it arrives at the office. The numbers on this page are updated at least once a week, but these figures are meant as a guide only. There is no guarantee that an application sent in now will fall within the cap by the time it reaches the CIO. We are looking into ways to minimize the effect of this on website updates.

Hopenfaith

Dec 29, 2011
Hello Scylla

Do you have any idea when they will reopened the cap for 1122 for 2012?

I just wondering cos am planning on applying thru Quebec

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hopenfaith said:
Hello Scylla

Do you have any idea when they will reopened the cap for 1122 for 2012?

I just wondering cos am planning on applying thru Quebec

Thanks
First of July, but there is no guarantee that 1122 will still be on the list, but if you are apply to Quebec, the list doesn't apply to you. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/index.asp

owlowl2005

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
Doc's Request.
All sent with application
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted together with application (8.5 Band)
File Transfer...
17-10-2011
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Abhijit said:
Dear All,

Abhijit
sorry to hear that you missed out, be strong and reapply for 2012.