Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 DM 2-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2014
yeah, just confirm this amazing news. thank you so much.:)

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Wondering what happens if the applicants start sending their applications to CIO without PCC , and then after somedays they change it back to 'PCC required to be sent to CIO' !!

Hope they have finalised the new regulations now ;D

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
All documents are required by CIO including PCC. Its only that they asked for photocopy and original for VO for verification. Incomplete documents will be rejected as per their website since June 26.

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
fromdubai said:
All documents are required by CIO including PCC. Its only that they asked for photocopy and original for VO for verification. Incomplete documents will be rejected as per their website since June 26.
Hello, fromdubai,

Can you please quote a piece of document or refer to a thread that discusses this? My understanding is that PCC is not required now. For these purposes I suppose people who concerned with possible change in rules could include a cover letter with a copy of the instruction guide that requires PCC be sent to VO.

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
I refer to post of OhCanadiana on this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-need-to-send-all-documents-to-the-cio-now-not-visa-office-t45808.240.html

OhCanadiana said:
These are interesting questions in light of the various changes to the instructions since June 26. First, the facts:
- The latest instructions indicate that PCC should NOT be sent to the CIO
- The latest instructions also indicate all documents should be sent to the CIO (and do not acknowledge an exception for PCCs where those instructions are)
- The latest OP6 indicates the CIO should check for all documents in the application before deeming it eligible for processing
- Visa officers and any other staff that may check applications are human beings, prone to errors and confusion just like the rest of us
- As of June 26 there are annual caps in place (1000 applications per NOC code, 20,000 applications for non-AEO FSW total)

Given the annual caps, the risk of delaying one's application or of having it sent back are high, meaning that one may not be eligible to apply until next year (and then depending on whether/how the rules change again...)

Without really understanding the specifics of anyone's situation I can't really give you advice, but one thing to consider is to think about your specific situation as you make your own decisions.

Example 1: if one has a police certificate already or can get it before all the other documents are ready (perhaps one has already been waiting for it before sending the application in to the CIO or you are lucky enough to be able to get one quickly) then the worst that happens if you send the PCC to the CIO - unnecessarily, perhaps - is that the CIC eventually asks you to send another one in to the visa office. Ok, that would mean more paperwork but also that your application has already been processed and you are in the system. You made it in under the caps and avoided the risk that the application be sent back because somewhere along the way someone thought it did need to be sent in. After sending the application in you can get another PCC so that if/when you need to send it to the visa office you have one that is less than 3 months old at the time the visa office gets it. Minimum risk, maximum benefit (albeit with extra effort for an extra PCC).

A twist would be to send a certified copy of the PCC to show one has it and show the application is somewhat complete and add a note that you'll send it to the visa office when requested, per the latest instructions in EG7000. This twist makes sense if you assume you can get the PCC to the visa office within the 3 months since it was issued (since per the new instructions it has to be received by the visa office within 3 months of its issue date)

Example 2: one does not yet have a police certificate and is just applying for it. Say one needs an FBI PCC because one lived in the US for 6 months after 18 years of age. That means it will take 13 weeks to get it back. In 13 weeks the CIO may receive many applications and some caps may be reached (nobody knows this for sure but it is likely a valid fear). Therefore, here it may be worth sending the application in without the PCC, explaining very clearly on the checklists that the newest instructions state that one should not send the PCC to the CIO and therefore one will submit it upon request. This way, you hopefully get your application in before the caps fill up if there's no confusion about whether you actually needed to send the PCCs or not (given the changing rules and human element involved). In the meantime, you work diligently to have the PCC in time to submit it to the visa office.

Anyway, that's just one way of thinking through the options.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
Coffee said:
Hello, fromdubai,

Can you please quote a piece of document or refer to a thread that discusses this? My understanding is that PCC is not required now. For these purposes I suppose people who concerned with possible change in rules could include a cover letter with a copy of the instruction guide that requires PCC be sent to VO.
I am quoting from manual that was updated on Aug 04, 2010

7.1. Receiving the application at the CIO
Applicants are required to submit their complete application, including required supporting
documents, to the CIO. This includes all documents listed both on the CIO and visa-officespecific
document checklists. As of June 26, 2010, a valid official language test result from a
designated language testing agency must be submitted as part of the application.
Applications received at the CIO will first be reviewed for completeness pursuant to R10, including
the following required forms, fees, information and documents

If PCC is required by VO, then CIO also needs it, but just a copy. Original to VO.

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
fromdubai said:
I am quoting from manual that was updated on Aug 04, 2010

7.1. Receiving the application at the CIO
Applicants are required to submit their complete application, including required supporting
documents, to the CIO. This includes all documents listed both on the CIO and visa-officespecific
document checklists. As of June 26, 2010, a valid official language test result from a
designated language testing agency must be submitted as part of the application.
Applications received at the CIO will first be reviewed for completeness pursuant to R10, including
the following required forms, fees, information and documents

If PCC is required by VO, then CIO also needs it, but just a copy. Original to VO.
Hi fromdubai,

I refer to p. 39 of the latest instruction guide, dated July 2010 (as issued on 4 August 2010), where it says NOT TO send PCC to CIO. So from now on PCC is not required to be sent to CIO, I believe they made this exemption to help people with full set of docs but missing PCC (that is sometimes a lengthy process to obtain).

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
Coffee said:
Hi fromdubai,

I refer to p. 39 of the latest instruction guide, dated July 2010 (as issued on 4 August 2010), where it says NOT TO send PCC to CIO. So from now on PCC is not required to be sent to CIO, I believe they made this exemption to help people with full set of docs but missing PCC (that is sometimes a lengthy process to obtain).

You are right .... it does mention not required in instruction guide issued in July 2010 ....
But on Aug 05, they issued 'OP 6 Federal Skilled Workers' which states all documents required by VO, a copy is also by CIO.
I think they are upgrading their rules every month ;)

Anyhow, my lawyer asked to submit it as per his knowledge at CIO stage.

sbo

Mar 2, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent Application on May 7,2013
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
My Status
1. Transcripts - in progress
2. IELTS - done on August 5,2010.
3. Reference letters - in progress
4. PCC - in progress.
5. VO- London or NewDelhi (most probably will send it to N.Delhi)

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
fromdubai said:
You are right .... it does mention not required in instruction guide issued in July 2010 ....
But on Aug 05, they issued 'OP 6 Federal Skilled Workers' which states all documents required by VO, a copy is also by CIO.
I think they are upgrading their rules every month ;)

Anyhow, my lawyer asked to submit it as per his knowledge at CIO stage.
update appears to be daily :) instruction guide on 4 August, OP-6 on 5 August, head goes round.

I personally tend to take position of OhCanadiana regarding possible approach by those whose PCCs are a lengthy process and they want to jump in a '1000 cap' train.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
Coffee said:
update appears to be daily :) instruction guide on 4 August, OP-6 on 5 August, head goes round.

I personally tend to take position of OhCanadiana regarding possible approach by those whose PCCs are a lengthy process and they want to jump in a '1000 cap' train.
I think - many are in hurry to be in 1000 cap train, but will miss carrying ticket (improper documents) ;)

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
fromdubai said:
I think - many are in hurry to be in 1000 cap train, but will miss carrying ticket (improper documents) ;)
'ticket standards' change before uniform one is produced, so pretty much now depends on a decision by a 'wagon controller' who checks tickets 8)

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
These days I saw several cases being rejected for minor reason.

Guess they get thousands of applicants, so are forced to reject weaker applications.

CPAMATRIX

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
JAMAICA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2010
IELTS Request
21-8-2010
@from dubai

you make a very important point, as it relates to the inclusion of the PCC
as applicants trying to get into the 1000cap
we may see and hold on to what we want to see,

yes they did say no PCC, but based on the latest update
they are now emphasizing all docs and english test.

It is safer to wait a few, for a PCC in your country
than to delay months, with a lack of sufficient documentation

I personally will be sending off application in September, with my Police Report.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
Maybe I am considering not to apply ....

Yesterday I know a person his visa application got rejected, reason : visa officer does not think he has enough work experience in eligible NOC (he had 3 years experience), his documents does not look satisfactory for him despite he worked hard, ensure all documents were in order, had MBA degree. There was no background check, no asking additional support documents, straight refuse.

I have worked hard, collected so many documents, so many more to arrange .... will wait, and result is just on minimum chance (like Visa officer might feel the documents are not satisfactory according to him); worse thing is being refused despite you know you qualify honestly !