+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 1111

Emma H

Oct 9, 2020
Hi all,

I have a few questions;

1. Regarding my contract based work which was not continuous. Can I include all of that in my application? If I do, should I check the self-employed option while doing so? Or is it advisable to leave this work experience out altogether?
2. My NOC seems to be 1111, Since I am not completely qualified (qualification in progress) but i do have a separate bachelor and CA inter diploma, Would it be a problem with my application and its processing?Or should i select a different code? Also, is it mandatory to fill out the research section as it asks about primary trade being regulated? But there are accountants who work in the industry who are part qualified as well so not sure if i fill it out, it might affect my EE application.

TIA!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You can include all work experience if at least one year was continuous and in the same NOC. For self-employed experience you need proof of self-employment income, business ownership, invoices/correspondence with clients, etc.

Emma H

Oct 9, 2020
You can include all work experience if at least one year was continuous and in the same NOC. For self-employed experience you need proof of self-employment income, business ownership, invoices/correspondence with clients, etc.
thanks a lot!

I just checked with a colleague and he mentioned; since I am not a license holder, this NOC (1111) doesn't apply to my profile. I should go for NOC 0111 which is not regulated.

Also, he suggested instead of mentioning all the experiences (hence increasing leg work for post ITA documentation) I can actually enter my recent experience as a full-time employee which is more than 3 years and is continuous.

thanks so much for the reply though!
All the best

Emma H

Oct 9, 2020
Oh in that case, which category would be the most suitable (closest) given my job description is more close to 1111, since I am not fully licenced yet.

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Oh in that case, which category would be the most suitable (closest) given my job description is more close to 1111, since I am not fully licenced yet.
1111 not necessarily requires to be licensed so if ur job description matches then select it

Emma H

Oct 9, 2020
1111 not necessarily requires to be licensed so if ur job description matches then select it
thanks so much!

I just got confused with the education requirements, as they inquire about it under the research section, if your primary NOC is regulated and NOC 1111 is for accountants so ... it's quite confusing

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
thanks so much!

I just got confused with the education requirements, as they inquire about it under the research section, if your primary NOC is regulated and NOC 1111 is for accountants so ... it's quite confusing
Not all accounting jobs r regulated.

Reactions: Emma H

fakenews

Star Member
May 29, 2019
thanks so much!

NOC 1111 isn't necessarily regulated. You can still practice in the field without a CPA. Unlike a truly regulated field such as medical or house plumbing, it would illegal to do so.

Reactions: Emma H

Emma H

Oct 9, 2020
NOC 1111 isn't necessarily regulated. You can still practice in the field without a CPA. Unlike a truly regulated field such as medical or house plumbing, it would illegal to do so.
thanks a lot! It makes sense and this is what i was thinking as well. Unless you are signing an audit report, we can work as an accountant anywhere.

Nov 26, 2020
Hi all,

I have a few questions;

1. Regarding my contract based work which was not continuous. Can I include all of that in my application? If I do, should I check the self-employed option while doing so? Or is it advisable to leave this work experience out altogether?
2. My NOC seems to be 1111, Since I am not completely qualified (qualification in progress) but i do have a separate bachelor and CA inter diploma, Would it be a problem with my application and its processing?Or should i select a different code? Also, is it mandatory to fill out the research section as it asks about primary trade being regulated? But there are accountants who work in the industry who are part qualified as well so not sure if i fill it out, it might affect my EE application.

TIA!
Hey did they consider your NOC without being qualified as a member?
I have the same issue

Meharpreet13

Oct 22, 2020
thanks a lot! It makes sense and this is what i was thinking as well. Unless you are signing an audit report, we can work as an accountant anywhere.
Abasolutely...I claimed my work exp as an accounts manager for 2 years under NOC 1111 even though I wasn't a qualified CA by then. Go for 1111 as it matches the best with your job responsibilites.

Reactions: theconfused_girl