+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 0124 - Duties match but not Designation

Yukti2406

Apr 23, 2019
Hi,

I am very confused figuring out my correct NOC code. The closest I have come is 0124 where the below mentioned duties describe my work best and I have fulfilled the necessary employment requirements as well. But all the designations listed by them are Managerial. I am a Coordinator. This role is surprisingly not listed in 1123 which is very similar to 0124 but with lower designations

0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
E-business managers
  • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet, Intranet and mobile applications to manage an organization's online presence including public relations, communications, commercial activities and social media management.
Can you'll suggest an alternative I might have missed looking at.

Thanks.

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
Deciding NOC is one of the prime job which could decide your applications result. Sometimes pool people could give their opinion on it based on what they hear from you...But to have a proper knowledge about it..i suggest you to take the nOC tutorial on the NOC page at cic website . Also, take a note of lead statement of NOC's which you are selecting

My application got refused in 5th month and the reason is NOC . I wish you good luck. Saying this not to scare you , but how important it is to Tailor your submission with NOC ..Do some good research and sure some experts here may also leave their opinions.

EthXS

Jul 30, 2019
Hi Yukti,

Congrats on ITA.
How you handled designation and NOC mismatch?
Did you utilized a PR consultant in Dubai? Suggest some good ones?

Thanks.

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Hi,

I am very confused figuring out my correct NOC code. The closest I have come is 0124 where the below mentioned duties describe my work best and I have fulfilled the necessary employment requirements as well. But all the designations listed by them are Managerial. I am a Coordinator. This role is surprisingly not listed in 1123 which is very similar to 0124 but with lower designations

0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
E-business managers
  • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet, Intranet and mobile applications to manage an organization's online presence including public relations, communications, commercial activities and social media management.
Can you'll suggest an alternative I might have missed looking at.

Thanks.
Title doesn't matter if you do most of the duties. It could be any designation .
Even my title was not in the noc code but got PR without an issue.

Reactions: PrasadK

Yukti2406

Apr 23, 2019
Hi Yukti,

Congrats on ITA.
How you handled designation and NOC mismatch?
Did you utilized a PR consultant in Dubai? Suggest some good ones?

Thanks.
Hi, Yes I did use a PR consultant but I don't think they were of much help. I could have done everything on my own and saved myself a lot of money. This forum and youtube are a great source of information and the people here are much more informed about the processes than my consultants.

As for the NOC, I chose a different one because while my duties matched this NOC, the NOC was in the Manager level section and I am a coordinator. I did not want to risk a rejection. I finally chose an NOC which was very generalized in its terminologies to help mold my CV around it. Sadly, they do not have any NOC well suited for people working in Ecommerce below a managerial level.

Reactions: Caru216 and sao_18

Yukti2406

Apr 23, 2019
Title doesn't matter if you do most of the duties. It could be any designation .
Even my title was not in the noc code but got PR without an issue.
I had heard a lot of mixed reviews and since it was not just a title mismatch and more about being at a manager level or not I chose to avoid it. My agent also recommended choosing a safer option.

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Hi, Yes I did use a PR consultant but I don't think they were of much help. I could have done everything on my own and saved myself a lot of money. This forum and youtube are a great source of information and the people here are much more informed about the processes than my consultants.

As for the NOC, I chose a different one because while my duties matched this NOC, the NOC was in the Manager level section and I am a coordinator. I did not want to risk a rejection. I finally chose an NOC which was very generalized in its terminologies to help mold my CV around it. Sadly, they do not have any NOC well suited for people working in Ecommerce below a managerial level.
Hello Yukti
i have the same confusion , can you please help . My designation was e-commerce category manager apparel and i was managing the overall apparel category on an eCommerce store. The consultant advised me to choose noc 0124 for this experience. do you think it makes sense? what NOC did you choose?

Yukti2406

Apr 23, 2019
Hello Yukti
i have the same confusion , can you please help . My designation was e-commerce category manager apparel and i was managing the overall apparel category on an eCommerce store. The consultant advised me to choose noc 0124 for this experience. do you think it makes sense? what NOC did you choose?
Hi, If your designation says manager I think its safe to go for it. But ensure the lead statement and duties mentioned under E-Business managers matches your profile atleast by 70%

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Hi, If your designation says manager I think its safe to go for it. But ensure the lead statement and duties mentioned under E-Business managers matches your profile atleast by 70%
thanks for the reply the lead statement and job description matches my work however i am concerned about the education

E-business managers
  • A university degree or college diploma in a field related to electronic commerce, Web site content development, or Internet services and Experience in Web site design, interactive media development, data administration or information systems analysis or experience related to Web site content are usually required.
I dont have a degree in website or internet services or anything. I have a masters in Marketing before being hired as category manager apparel

Yukti2406

Apr 23, 2019
thanks for the reply the lead statement and job description matches my work however i am concerned about the education

E-business managers
  • A university degree or college diploma in a field related to electronic commerce, Web site content development, or Internet services and Experience in Web site design, interactive media development, data administration or information systems analysis or experience related to Web site content are usually required.
I dont have a degree in website or internet services or anything. I have a masters in Marketing before being hired as category manager apparel
I don't think education will be a problem. Their statement also mentions - usually required , which means it is not mandatory.

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
I don't think education will be a problem. Their statement also mentions - usually required , which means it is not mandatory.
Btw if you can help me understand , what is the difference between NOC 0611 and 0124 ? I guess 06 is more sales oriented and 0124 is marketing oriented correct?

Caru216

Feb 9, 2021

Hey which NOC did you go for?

polilopes

Mar 26, 2022
Hey you all, I'm kind of having the same trouble here applying for PR.
I am a product marketing manager at the consumer goods industry (strategically developing products from concept to got to mkt) and attached is the job duties list my former employer gave me. I believe it fits better the NOC 0124(which has no detailed description), but NOC 1123 has "product manager, marketing" as job titl example,, which got me confused. Would anybody advise? Thanks in advance.

My employer's letter:

- Ensure new product development - paniers - renewal of essential products for a specific product category to drive category growth worldwide
- Ensure brand development in a specific product category
- Decode consumer insights anticipating trends to create innovative products
- Follow the entire product development process, respecting PRI and country deadline commitment
- Guide and supervise the implementation kit for countries, recommending the marketing mix for product launches and essential product renewals
- Develop creative materials in line with brand's integrated communication platform and influence media mix recommendations
- Compare and synthesize data related to the international market and propose strategies based on results. Analyze concurrent (products and strategies)
- Communicate clearly with regions and countries and all product process development departments
- Promote a creative environment that allows the project management learn to express their ideas
- Ensure increasing profitability for Ax
- Develop and manage a diverse team of project managers. Ensure the development of experience and know-how in your team

NOC 0124 desciption:

Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.

NOC 1123 desciption:

• Assess characteristics of products or services to be promoted and advise on the advertising needs of an establishment
  • Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
  • Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media
  • Gather, research and prepare communications material for internal and external audiences
  • Develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies and programs designed to inform clients, employees and the general public of initiatives and policies of businesses, governments and other organizations
  • Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys to identify the interests and concerns of key groups served by their organization
  • Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Web sites and press releases
  • Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes
  • Prepare and deliver educational and publicity programs and informational materials to increase awareness of museums, galleries and other tourist attractions
  • Initiate and maintain contact with the media
  • Arrange interviews and news conferences
  • Act as spokesperson for an organization and answer written and oral inquiries
  • Co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions for internal and external audiences
  • Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material
  • Represent and act as an agent for talented individuals or individuals with specific occupational expertise
  • Prepare or oversee preparation of sports, literary, performance or other contracts.