Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,

is proof of income statement enough for common law sponsorship or is NOA is required?
I believe it says either or. I would include both just to be on the safe side. Also provide proof of savings too.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hello,
I am sponsoring my wife (Outland). I started working in Canada in May 2020 and I have not filed taxes in the country before.

I will get my T4 in February, and until then i will not be able to acquire NoA or proof of income statement. IN this case, the checklist says I need to explain this situation and provide supporting financial documentation.

What is this supporting financial documentation? Is it advisable to just wait until February to apply after I get my tax documents?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello,
I am sponsoring my wife (Outland). I started working in Canada in May 2020 and I have not filed taxes in the country before.

I will get my T4 in February, and until then i will not be able to acquire NoA or proof of income statement. IN this case, the checklist says I need to explain this situation and provide supporting financial documentation.

What is this supporting financial documentation? Is it advisable to just wait until February to apply after I get my tax documents?
Submit copies of your pay statements from your employer along with a short letter of explanation that you don't have NOA yet.