+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No visitor permit given at airport. How long to stay?

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
Hi,

My spouse came to Canada as a visitor. She mentioned the officer at airport that she will be returning on 11 May, 2017 as we have a return flight ticket. But, that's not our plan. Our plan is to stay as long as we can.

Now, usually, the officer would give a visitor permit which would say that you have to leave Canada before this day (typically 6 months for visitors). But, they did not give her anything. They just stamped her passport for entry and let her go.

So now, until how long can she stay in Canada. Should we assume 6 months from the date of entry?

Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this...

Thank you!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
from_mumbai said:
Now, usually, the officer would give a visitor permit which would say that you have to leave Canada before this day (typically 6 months for visitors). But, they did not give her anything. They just stamped her passport for entry and let her go.

So now, until how long can she stay in Canada. Should we assume 6 months from the date of entry?
Hi

No, Visitor Records are not usually issued when entering Canada. Officers usually just stamp the passport, which means 6 months of visitor status.

beautifulmind

May 19, 2018
Hi,

My spouse came to Canada as a visitor. She mentioned the officer at airport that she will be returning on 11 May, 2017 as we have a return flight ticket. But, that's not our plan. Our plan is to stay as long as we can.

Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this...

Thank you!!
Hello there,
How long did your spouse stay?