+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No visa sticker issued with Confirmation of Permanent Residence

Nutshell

Aug 7, 2015
I just got my Confirmation of Permanent Residence letter yesterday. Woo hoo!

They returned my passport (Australian) along with the letter but there was no visa sticker inside the passport. I'm confused because I thought that Australians required a visa sticker.

I was planning on going to the border this weekend but now I don't know whether or not there has been an error as I don't have the sticker. I currently have a Work Permit in my passport - could that be why I don't require the sticker?

The information that I could find online and in the letter is unclear and although I just emailed them to ask, I got a reply stating that it takes up to 20 days to receive a response.

If anyone has any better information, I'll be extremely grateful!

Thank you :)

thenewbie

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go to this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

Check whether you need visa or not.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
You don't need a visa (see the link provided above), it seems you will need an eta if you land after March 15, but right now you only need your passport (and COPR, of course).
Congratulations, and good luck!

Nutshell

Aug 7, 2015
ellia said:
You don't need a visa (see the link provided above), it seems you will need an eta if you land after March 15, but right now you only need your passport (and COPR, of course).
Congratulations, and good luck!
Oh I see.

I swear when I went on that page before a couple of weeks ago it said I needed a visa! I feel silly.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to reply :)

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Nutshell said:
Oh I see.

I swear when I went on that page before a couple of weeks ago it said I needed a visa! I feel silly.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to reply :)
You're welcome! :)

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nutshell said:
I just got my Confirmation of Permanent Residence letter yesterday. Woo hoo!

They returned my passport (Australian) along with the letter but there was no visa sticker inside the passport. I'm confused because I thought that Australians required a visa sticker.

I was planning on going to the border this weekend but now I don't know whether or not there has been an error as I don't have the sticker. I currently have a Work Permit in my passport - could that be why I don't require the sticker?

The information that I could find online and in the letter is unclear and although I just emailed them to ask, I got a reply stating that it takes up to 20 days to receive a response.

If anyone has any better information, I'll be extremely grateful!

Thank you :)
Congratulations Nutshell. I'm at the start of the process you just completed. I'm an Australian too. Good to know at least one Australian has gone through the process.

Congrats again.