+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No urgent processing for initial PR card, why?

ratsalad

May 1, 2019
I landed in March, PR card was automatically applied for during landing. I need to travel for work soon. Submitted letter of explanation from myself and employer more than 3 weeks ago for urgent processing but no response so far.

Approached local MP and they enquired for me and came back to me telling me that there is no urgent processing for initial PR card.

I called up IRCC yesterday and agent told me the same thing.

I wonder why?

Also I have been seeing people posting about receiving eCoPR in March and then getting their PR cards within a month or so.

I had never received any invitation to PR portal and my CoPR was printed not eCOPR.

I really wonder how things are done in IRCC - why are people being treated differently despite all being recently granted PR status.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I landed in March, PR card was automatically applied for during landing. I need to travel for work soon. Submitted letter of explanation from myself and employer more than 3 weeks ago for urgent processing but no response so far.

Approached local MP and they enquired for me and came back to me telling me that there is no urgent processing for initial PR card.

I called up IRCC yesterday and agent told me the same thing.

I wonder why?

Also I have been seeing people posting about receiving eCoPR in March and then getting their PR cards within a month or so.

I had never received any invitation to PR portal and my CoPR was printed not eCOPR.

I really wonder how things are done in IRCC - why are people being treated differently despite all being recently granted PR status.
There's never been urgent processing available for new PR cards and no point asking for it since it won't be actioned. IMO there is no point in debating why there's no urgent processing since this doesn't change your current situation. Best focus of energy is on what you can / can't do given you're still waiting for your PR card and knowing urgent processing is not an option.

Some people have gotten their cards relatively quickly but most are waiting longer. The official processing time right now is three months (plus you have to factor in additional time for mailing). So that's what you should expect.

Are you inside or outside of Canada right now?
Are you outside of Canada wanting to return or are you inside of Canada wanting to travel outside of Canada?
If the latter, how long do you plan to be outside of Canada?
Do you have a valid US visa or are you a US passport holder?

ratsalad

May 1, 2019
Im in Canada now and needing to travel to Singapore for work in the coming week. The worry is PRTD may take a long time to process, and I intend to accompany my wife and kids in first week of June when they are coming to land.