+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Updates regarding medical through SDS. Suggestions please.

Arya022

Apr 22, 2019
Hey everyone,
I applied for the Student Permit online through the SDS route on 2nd April. I gave my biometrics at VFS Delhi on 8th April.

Post my biometrics I got the automatically generated Student Acknowledgement letter on 16th April.
After that there have been no updates. A lot of people who applied after 8th April have already gotten their Visas and I haven't even received any updates on my medical. I had my upfront medical examination on 7th March so the reports should've been ready anyway.

Study Visa processing times for applicants in India is two weeks and its been over three weeks for me.
Could anyone suggest me anything? I'm really tensed.

Reactions: Msbrar

Aditya- Menon

Feb 2, 2019
@Arya022 i am facing the same problem.I applied on April 1st. Biometrics and medical were done in March.I got got student acknowledgemt msil on 15th.After that no reply. I am guessing there has been a delay because of good friday and easter.
Let me know if yours come through.

Arya022

Apr 22, 2019
@Arya022 i am facing the same problem.I applied on April 1st. Biometrics and medical were done in March.I got got student acknowledgemt msil on 15th.After that no reply. I am guessing there has been a delay because of good friday and easter.
Let me know if yours come through.
If there had to be any delay because of easter or good friday then that should've been for everyone. I know at least 5 people who applied after 7-8 April and have received a decision. Not even passing the medicals seems strange to me.
Anyway, did you apply online or offline? And which VAC?

Aditya- Menon

Feb 2, 2019
I applied online.I am guessing it went through Chennai.i got acknowledgement mail from Delhi.Yes medical passing feels strange for me also.Everyones timelines show they got their visa fast.
What about you?

Arya022

Apr 22, 2019
I applied online.I am guessing it went through Chennai.i got acknowledgement mail from Delhi.Yes medical passing feels strange for me also.Everyones timelines show they got their visa fast.
What about you?
I applied through Delhi VAC!
Applied for a Master's program in a University. Ideally the online method should be faster but that isn't the case! offline people are getting it way earlier than us.

deepthigajula

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
I applied on 15th April, done with Bio-metric, medicals still yet to give. Iam waiting for them to ask. Did anyone give medicals post apply ?

Aditya- Menon

Feb 2, 2019
yes i noticed. Have been going through these threads for the past two weeks.Let me know if you have any updates.I will also do the same.
Just hope after we submit the passport it wont take much time.

Arya022

Apr 22, 2019
I applied on 15th April, done with Bio-metric, medicals still yet to give. Iam waiting for them to ask. Did anyone give medicals post apply ?
Someone I know did. You'll be notified about giving the medicals 15 days after your bio-metric most probably!