+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No updates from CIC after file delivered to CIC.

cena

Mar 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
29-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
I applied for family class sponsorship. Got update from postal service for the delivering of the file to CIC. But didn't received any update from CIC. How can I check my application status? Did I get any update from CIC for confirmation from there? And how can I follow up with them?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
you won't be able to check the status until maybe you receive an Acknowledgement of receipt(AOR) from CIC. most spousal applicants can not log in until after sponsor approval. how long AOR takes depends on what sponsorship stream you are applying through. if it's outland Spousal, then it'll probably be 2-4 weeks. If it's inland spousal, then it will be at least 4 months, if at all. if it's parent sponsorship, then i would recommend asking this question in the parent sponsorship thread.

CIC does not confirm delivery and you won't be able to sign on to the ECAS system until you receive at least acknowledgement of receipt or already have a UCI from a previous application. even then, it's touch and go as to whether you can sign in and/or see information about the application. again, most spousal applicants can't sign in until AFTER sponsor approval has been received.