+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update on visitor visa application for past 2 months

Subraj87

Jul 22, 2015
Hi,

I have applied for visitor visa on 4th June 2015 but still i have not received any update from New Delhi consulate.

I have sent couple of emails and got a reply with standard words stated that they are in process on my application, at present i am in the position of visiting another country, for that i need my passport to do further visa processes, some people suggested me to withdraw my application so within 4-5 working days i will get my passport back but without visa i don't want to withdraw it, since in future i may get a purpose to visit Canada again.

Please anyone help me that how can i track my status further and make them to expedite the process.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is no way to expedite the process. If you need your passport back, then you can certainly withdraw your application - and then resubmit a new application later. Otherwise all you can really do it wait.

sphvnx

Apr 6, 2015
Subraj87 said:
Hi,

I have applied for visitor visa on 4th June 2015 but still i have not received any update from New Delhi consulate.

I have sent couple of emails and got a reply with standard words stated that they are in process on my application, at present i am in the position of visiting another country, for that i need my passport to do further visa processes, some people suggested me to withdraw my application so within 4-5 working days i will get my passport back but without visa i don't want to withdraw it, since in future i may get a purpose to visit Canada again.

Please anyone help me that how can i track my status further and make them to expedite the process.

Thanks!
Did you have any sponsorship from canada?
Invitation letter?
Have you applied alone?
Age?
Delhi consulate takes only 7 working days to process visa application.

Subraj87

Jul 22, 2015
@sphvnx

Yes, I had a sponsor from my company and submitted invitation letter along with my employer brief background and bank statements.

Also attached a document about my purpose of visit and applied with the help of my employer.

sphvnx

Apr 6, 2015
Subraj87 said:
@ sphvnx

Yes, I had a sponsor from my company and submitted invitation letter along with my employer brief background and bank statements.

Also attached a document about my purpose of visit and applied with the help of my employer.

is ur company sponsor from india or canada?

they might think u have work intentions.

hope u have ur visa granted asap. Delhi canada embassy shouldn't take this much time
i suggest u to send a letter to make desicion thru vfs

Subraj87

Jul 22, 2015
sphvnx said:

hope u have ur visa granted asap. Delhi canada embassy shouldn't take this much time

My company sponsor is from Canada and i have mentioned that i am visiting for business training purpose. Also by the same way one of my colleague got his visa for the same purpose of visit.

I have sent email to VFS help line by quoting the VFS application track id, let's see whether they can help or not..

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
The website may state 7 working days for New Delhi... however, my fiance has been waiting for TRV since May 26th he applied. So its now over 2.5 months. He also applied through New Delhi. So I can concur it's WAY longer than 7 days.

Subraj87

Jul 22, 2015
sphvnx said:

Hi,

I have send visa expedite request through VFS and they have processed my case within 3 days but i got only single entry with six months valid visa.

Same way my colleague applied but he got multiple entry visa with 5 years validity, i don't know what's the logic behind in that, anyway i got my visa, thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

Regards,
Subraj