+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update as yet and it's 14th September today, what to do ???

Vikas1006

Aug 19, 2019
Hey guys !
How many of you are still there who haven't got any response to their Fall 2020 study permit applications yet ?
I had applied on 24th June and haven't got any single update till now.
Kinda tensed.

Vikas1006

Aug 19, 2019
Seriously, now I understand why Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds) keeps on making jokes on Canada.
It's such a pity they're not addressing the older applications and giving AIPs to even September applications.
SAD

Capricorn11

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Those whose files are sent to Edmonton are lucky and shall receive the decision by tomorrow (Sept 15) but my file applied on March is stucked in Delhi office. I raised a webform and received email from them that due to rise in covid case they cannot process the application. This is utterly disgusting and unprofessional behavior by ircc

Capricorn11

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Honestly, they have no shame left now the Sept 15 deadline is approaching near they are replying that due to reduced staff they cannot process the application at this time.

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
4th June. Still waiting. Sending a deferral request today to my DLI don't want to risk the chance of seats filling up of the next intake

Those whose files are sent to Edmonton are lucky and shall receive the decision by tomorrow (Sept 15) but my file applied on March is stucked in Delhi office. I raised a webform and received email from them that due to rise in covid case they cannot process the application. This is utterly disgusting and unprofessional behavior by ircc
How do you know we'll get a decision by Sept15th? My file is at Edmonton and when I spoke with IRCC on the phone the agent told me that Sept 15th is merely the deadline to submit applications to be eligible for 2step processing but due to covid and reduced staff they cannot promise to address all applications by Sept15th it will take longer.

Capricorn11

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Well they said that almost everyone will be getting decision by Sept 15 they were well aware of their reduced staff capacity by that time still they claimed it on every webinar now more than 60% of the students are yet to receive their decision no one can trust ircc who knows they might later betray the students on pgwp. Online study might not be counted towards pgwp their words can't be trusted anymore

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
Yep I did and If you listen carefully to their webinars or read their social posts they've said "we will try ...." They've never said or posted anywhere that "we guarantee all applications will be addressed by Sept 15th" and before every webinar they also say " this information is valid only for today and can change" so you can't really hold them accountable

Capricorn11

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Yep I did and If you listen carefully to their webinars or read their social posts they've said "we will try ...." They've never said or posted anywhere that "we guarantee all applications will be addressed by Sept 15th"
You need to carefully listen the webinar once again.

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
For one of my friends, we took a calculated risk. He wanted to apply through SDS, but looking at the delay caused. One week back we applied through NON-SDS showing the transfer of funds for one year fee and GIC.

It worked, he got his AIP yesterday, it just took one week since the date of application.

Capricorn11

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
For one of my friends, we took a calculated risk. He wanted to apply through SDS, but looking at the delay caused. One week back we applied through NON-SDS showing the transfer of funds for one year fee and GIC.

It worked, he got his AIP yesterday, it just took one week since the date of application.
may be his file was process in Edmonton

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
may be his file was process in Edmonton
No. Only SDS files go to Edmonton. These days, Edmonton is dealing files between mid July - end August. The office in above case must be either New Delhi or Singapore/Vietnam.