+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Tracking Number Xpresspost

barbsrainbow

Jan 27, 2019
Hey folks,

Did anyone not get the Xpresspost tracking number, and if so, how did you deal with it?
The clerk from Canada Post never told me to write it down or anything, and it was my first time buying an Xpresspost, so I thought the tracking number would be in my receipt, but it was not.
I'm thinking about sending an email to CIO / BRCD (IRCC) because I've heard so many stories of Canada Post losing passports or delivering it to wrong addresses, and it freaks me out. Anyone with similar experience?

Thank you all!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I think I took a pic of the envelope when I was writing my address on the return envelope (but IRCC printed their own label anyway lol).

Can you try going back to the CP branch, if it really isn’t on the receipt, to recover the tracking number? I suppose that’s simpler than contacting IRCC.

barbsrainbow

Jan 27, 2019
I think I took a pic of the envelope when I was writing my address on the return envelope (but IRCC printed their own label anyway lol).

Can you try going back to the CP branch, if it really isn’t on the receipt, to recover the tracking number? I suppose that’s simpler than contacting IRCC.
lol I was going to do the same, but then I read the instructions again and said do not write your address, so I left everything in blank lol

And I contacted then and they told me that was not possible :(
I think I will just email immigration. I don't want to take the risk, since I really don't trust Canada Post.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
lol I was going to do the same, but then I read the instructions again and said do not write your address, so I left everything in blank lol

And I contacted then and they told me that was not possible :(
I think I will just email immigration. I don't want to take the risk, since I really don't trust Canada Post.
Yeah it’s been a while since I did mine, so the instructions not to put your address are new.

Lol can’t blame you. Usually in this case IRCC will help you out anyway. Hope it works out.