Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Noticed that CIC updated my ecas
I have not yet given the test but they mailed me the Oath ceremony letter. This is normal?

We sent you a notice on October 5, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 27, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 13, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 27, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cool & Awesome! - Which local office is this?

Even though it is the same day it is in order, so I believe if you don't pass the test they will cancel your Oath appointment ;)

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
alexdive said:
I have not yet given the test yet but they mailed me the Oath ceremony letter. This is normal?

We sent you a notice on October 5, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 27, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 13, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 27, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I think you will have test and ceremony the same day. Congratulations. Study the fuide and you will be fine. You are a lucky one. I was expecting that for me but I have to wait for my ceremony. Dont know for how long. Congrats again. Where is your office btw?

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
My office is CALGARY
Thanks guys I'll keep the forum posted

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexdive said:
My office is CALGARY
Thanks guys I'll keep the forum pos
alexdive said:
My office is CALGARY
Thanks guys I'll keep the forum posted
Yes you are lucky. Test and Oath same day? Wow. You better make sure you pass the test/interview...no excuses for you buddy. All the best. thumbs up.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexdive said:
I have not yet given the test but they mailed me the Oath ceremony letter. This is normal?

You can do the following:
1. Take a print-out of your ecas status and original oath letter to the test center on Oct 27.
2. Reach test center by 7:45 AM on Oct 27 because your test starts at 9 AM and you got to report early. Tell CIC guys that you got oath invite in mail, but not test invite letter. Show them e-cas status print-out.
3. CIC will have you in their system for test and oath for Oct 27.
4. If you pass the test in the morning, then you will have oath in afternoon, the same day.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Congrats :)

I think they just noticed your app just passed the 12 months limit, so they want to get rid of your application ;)

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
alexdive said:

While Congratulation on getting invitations for test and Oath same time. Here are couple of things you may consider, prepare well for the test. Probably they want you to appear for the test and then, have Oath same day. If so, yes "Patience pays".

However, send copies of both to your local office and call the "Call Center" to clarify if there is no misunderstanding.

Wish you all the best.