+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No tax requirements to bring spouse is that true?

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
Hello can any one tell me if you are applying for your spouse inland or outland, you are also exempt from tax paper requirements is that true? if any one went through same situation please share thank you.

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
When you are sponsoring your spouse or common law partner, you still need to send all the items on the document checklist (which includes the Option C printout, or the alternatives that they list).

A sponsor sponsoring his/her spouse or partner is exempt from meeting the categories most have to in terms of medical/criminal/financial, but all the information still needs to be included in the app.

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
but he retired in 2003 and since then he didn't work no where and wasn't recieving any pension, just last month he applied for pension, so waiting on that to be approve. but will it be okay to show the tax papers from the year 2002-2003? or are there any other ways to handle this situation.

PLEASE RELPLY

THANKS.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was a woman on this board who was doing the same thing, sponsoring husband while living in another country, did not have any tax info. She called CIC and they told her she did not need it. He can include a letter with his application explaining why he does not have tax info. Should be fine.

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
Hey thanks alot for your support and help leon and amb.

i would like to double make sure this, if he'll be able to do this or not.

i've been calling CIC i dont know whats wrong no one picks up the phone there is no ring tone nothing at all its kind a weird and i am not in canada, i am in u.s calling from here and i dont know how can i reach them there are no options to reach them through email any idea or any different number to reach CIC agent?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As it says on the CIC website, the call centre number works only from within Canada. The only way you can talk to them from outside Canada is if you get somebody in Canada to set up a 3 way call for you. Otherwise you can try calling a Canadian embassy.

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
okay are there any numbers to reach CIC from U.S?

i looked and there are the consulate office numbers in u.s, if you call them they tell you to call CIC and when you call them no answer nothing haha oh man thats weird anyways i'll try to find a way thanks leon

P.C.

Mar 20, 2009
Why don't you have your spouse/sponsor phone?
It seems you are doing a lot of work that he could be doing quite easily.
(this is how CIC is going to view it as well)
I apologise if you are both overseas.

If this is the case, and he is a Canadian, as I think your posts have reflected, then just make the application.
He is entitled to his pension, he's paid into it while working. He is not on welfare (social assistance).

If you can't find a phone number from out of the country, have your sponsor/spouse write a letter to
CIC Mississauga asking for guidance on how to proceed.

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
ya uncle is not in canada right now, he's overseas and getting close to marry.

ya he's candian citizen but he got retired in 2003, and never worked no where nor was on pesnion since < thats what makes him worry, because he will have only tax papers from 2002 and 2003. he filed for pension just last month so he is not currently on pension yet. and they ask for previous years tax papers so i am stuck on this :)-( but Leon's reply is making it eassier if it can happen.

ya i tought about that but calling was more eassier to recive an answer in minutes.

pendergirlie

Aug 30, 2008
You can call them from outside Canada using 613-944-4000, obviously toll/long distance charges will apply
You do not have to have someone else call, you do not need to do a 3-way call with someone inside Canada

d_1982 said:
okay are there any numbers to reach CIC from U.S?

i looked and there are the consulate office numbers in u.s, if you call them they tell you to call CIC and when you call them no answer nothing haha oh man thats weird anyways i'll try to find a way thanks leon

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
Oh my GOD this is pure BULL **** i can't belive it i called the number from U.S some one finally answered the call after 4 mints i explained him the entire situation hahahaha in the end he is like i dont know anything, and am like who knows then who can speak with who can give me answers this weirdo connected me to International foreign affairs or whatever and speaking regarding the situation he doesn't want to answer anything he claims he doesn't know i am like what is this jeez man who should i contact then i call embassy overseas to ask the question and they end up telling you have to call CIC when you call them they say call embassy BULL ************ i am totaly upset one week doing this pisses me off i dont know what kind of service and care canadians give to thier nationals this is ridicilous. calling them everywhere with no asnwers its like living in a country in texas where people seems way off the touch anyways this canadian number thingy didn't work nor the embassy nor the one located inside canada.

" wonder how they handle the situation when people are in need of it lolzz "

thanks again pende for giving out number atleast you helped :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is your interest in all of this? I thought it was your uncle who was getting married?

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
offcourse leon it is my uncle who is getting marry " not me " but he doesn't have access to internet, he's overseas he never sponsored any one he doesn't know any one who can help him, so i am giving a hand in it as well. other than that i am located in u.s and doesn't know about canadian law so thats why helping and covering getting ideas is my job and tell my uncle about everything.

jrs_mumbai

May 19, 2011
Visa application from India after doing the medical tests - HELP

Hello,

We (myself and my wife) applied for Canada VISA under worker category in the month of February 2011.

On March 1st, we got both the passports but with visa stamp only on my passport and there was a letter along with my wife’s passport that she has to take the chest xray after 2 months and in the mean time she has to see the DMP and he will guide you to undergo additional medical tests for TB.

After that we went to the DMP and he then referred to another doctors and so on. We are asked to do a number of tests for TB and all of them were negative. She does not has any symptoms nor she is ill. She is just fit and fine.

The doctor then asked to take some medicines and come after 2 months. Now when we went to the doctor again after taking 2 months of medicines, he is telling that you might have to continue the course for another 4 months and then we will see if you could get a visa or not. We have still not taken the chest xray which we were supposed to take after 2 months because we were waiting for a green signal from the doctor.

Question:
Should we go ahead with the chest X ray and try applying it again?

Now this time, if the visa office is still not convince, can he reject the application?

Can we Re-apply the fresh visa under some other category, like visitor?

Any other input will be appreciated.

Please advise and help.

We are in deep trouble as I am in Canada and my wife is still in India struggling for the information and visa.