+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Surname on Passport. Is it a problem in getting PR

vikas01

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi There,

I have applied for PR under the express entry programme. I heard that applicant with only First name face problem in getting PR or Citizenship.

Is it true?

Please share your personal experience if anyone has the same case as me.

Thanks in advance

madeehagafoor

Jul 31, 2017
I didn't face issue in getting the PR . I have only first name and I got the PR . But now I came to know that its a problem in CANADA without surname for driving license , bank account etc . I need add surname for things to go smoothly.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I didn't face issue in getting the PR . I have only first name and I got the PR . But now I came to know that its a problem in CANADA without surname for driving license , bank account etc . I need add surname for things to go smoothly.
No problem there too- I have got everything without a hassle.

madeehagafoor

Jul 31, 2017
Than
Yep- it’s been almost a year now.[/QUOTE
Thank you for replying
Did you add surname in your passport and PR or do you have two names in given name

My name has only Given name as Madeeha in my passport and PR . Is that a problem

I soft landed in October 2018 . Although my bank account is created they rejected my credit card request

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It’s not a problem for government documents. Banks have issues with it because their system requires a first/ last name. My wife just puts her name twice. Same for first and last.

Reactions: madeehagafoor

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Than

Thank you for replying
Did you add surname in your passport and PR or do you have two names in given name

My name has only Given name as Madeeha in my passport and PR . Is that a problem

I soft landed in October 2018 . Although my bank account is created they rejected my credit card request
I have only full name in Given name- no problem thus far anywhere. When you open the bank account, advise the banker to split it- it’s fine and normal procedure.