Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
None needed
LANDED..........
13-02-2014 Whoop Whoop !
How do you start establish credit in Canada, I know here in the US with good credit doesnt mean squat in Canada so how do you go about starting it? We have called a couple banks up there and you actually have to be there to open a bank account which seems like the first start but is here any thing else that anyone has done before you actually are ready to move there to start credit? I thought about changing some credit cards we already have from american to canadian but wasnt sure this was possible? Any thoughts?

SadieRoo

buiatti

Jan 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've seen this topic around, in another section, but what I learned was:

Get a bank account and a credit card. Never let's your account go to the negative, and always pay the credit card in time. In fact, pay all your bills in time, and getting a loan and paying it correctly will make a little boost.

Klowe306

Jan 31, 2013
You can open a bank account as a US citizen in Canada. I have belonged to CIBC for at least four years now. They asked for two forms of identification and I was able to open both a checking and savings account. And so can you ;)

SadieRoo

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/04/2013
AOR Received.
24/05/2013
Med's Request
22/04/2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
None needed
LANDED..........
13-02-2014 Whoop Whoop !
Right but without actually being there they wont let me process funds from my US bank to there without me actually being there physically, this was a new topic for my husband and I so when we were up there this past Nov to visit we didnt think to go in and open a bank account.. :'(

Immi_advisor

Feb 2, 2013
Re: No sure if this is the best place for this question BUT

In case of my friend previous official papers from the bank at her home country helped to obtain first credit card faster and boost score. Won't probably work for everyone, but might be worth trying.