22/05/2023
Doc's Request.
23/05/2023
Passport Req..
20/06/2023
VISA ISSUED...
27/06/2023
Good evening!

My friend, Canadian, is in a relationship with a Hondurean man who she met 5 years ago. They were just speaking once and a while, as they were both in a relationship at that time.

3 years ago he left Honduras with one of his daughter to go to the US. After, his wife and 2 other daughters came. They were granted refugees status. 1 year and a half ago he and his wife separated. He failed to present to immigration audience so is now without a status in the US.

They started to talked on daily basis few months ago. She went to see him few days ago and she plans another trip in March. He wants to go back to Honduras in July as he never wanted to stay definitely in the USA even if he has a good job and earns good money.

Someone suggest that he comes here as refugee but he doesn’t want to as he wouldn’t be able to travel to Honduras, well I imagine since he would ask asylum it means that his life is in danger so would be illogic to travel there and would be suspicious imo.

Ok now that you have a picture of the situation here’s the questions I would like to have answers.

In the case their relationship workout and they get married when they reach that step as a couple, if she decides to sponsor him, would the fact that he lived illegally in the US would affect their sponsorship petition st some point?

Would he be illegible to a OWP?

I thank you very much for your help

Have a goodnight

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good evening!

My friend, Canadian, is in a relationship with a Hondurean man who she met 5 years ago. They were just speaking once and a while, as they were both in a relationship at that time.

3 years ago he left Honduras with one of his daughter to go to the US. After, his wife and 2 other daughters came. They were granted refugees status. 1 year and a half ago he and his wife separated. He failed to present to immigration audience so is now without a status in the US.

They started to talked on daily basis few months ago. She went to see him few days ago and she plans another trip in March. He wants to go back to Honduras in July as he never wanted to stay definitely in the USA even if he has a good job and earns good money.

Someone suggest that he comes here as refugee but he doesn’t want to as he wouldn’t be able to travel to Honduras, well I imagine since he would ask asylum it means that his life is in danger so would be illogic to travel there and would be suspicious imo.

Ok now that you have a picture of the situation here’s the questions I would like to have answers.

In the case their relationship workout and they get married when they reach that step as a couple, if she decides to sponsor him, would the fact that he lived illegally in the US would affect their sponsorship petition st some point?

Would he be illegible to a OWP?

I thank you very much for your help

Have a goodnight
If they get married or live together to become common law, she will be able to sponsor him for PR. Provided he is 100% honest about his immigration history in the US and provided their relationship is genuine, they should be approved. However an OWP is most likely out of the question. She would need to sponsor him inland for him to qualify for an OWP - and inland requires him to be physically in Canada. Given his US immigration history, they should assume his chances of obtaining an approved TRV are zero.

Reactions: Natalycobos

Natalycobos

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Montréal
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
22/05/2023
Doc's Request.
23/05/2023
Passport Req..
20/06/2023
VISA ISSUED...
27/06/2023
If they get married or live together to become common law, she will be able to sponsor him for PR. Provided he is 100% honest about his immigration history in the US and provided their relationship is genuine, they should be approved. However an OWP is most likely out of the question. She would need to sponsor him inland for him to qualify for an OWP - and inland requires him to be physically in Canada. Given his US immigration history, they should assume his chances of obtaining an approved TRV are zero.
I thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it.

Have a good evening