+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No savings and a senior citizen from the Philippines got a 5 years visitors visa

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
chelseaviel said:
Thanks Kelly! I have follow-up questions:

1)I checked the processing time for supervisa pls correct me if im wrong according to cic website if you process the app outside canada it will take 7 days in Philippines so does it mean that its better if my mother will just submit app thru Philippine immigration? or I better submit it here myself since im here in canada?
My mom's visa only took 4 working days when I submit in the Philippines. You won't submit it to Philippine Immigration.. You'll submit the application to Canadian Embassy.
chelseaviel said:
2) Where did you buy your insurance? Maybe ill buy from there too :)
There are tons of insurance company online.. But I got my mother's from my former job in an insurance company.

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Pochie said:
I have a question, my sister will apply for our mother's supervisa, is it okay to pay the application fee thru the cic website or pay in the Philippines?
you can do either as long as you include the receipt to the application. My mom got a manager's cheque.. My brother used a money order to apply.. both were fine.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Thanks Kelly,

Yeah I should submit it thru Canadian immigration in Phillipines. But u made your app thru online right? And u just paid by credit card. How about the original forms that are signed by my mother she'll just submit it directly to the Canadian immigration together with the supporting docs?
Pasensya sa kakulitan ko need to make sure that I'm doing it right.

Thank you!

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Hi guys,

Do u have any suggestions on which insurance company offers the best price with good coverage? My mom is applying for super visa but I was thinking it could be better off to apply for visit visa since insurance is not that much expensive. Anyways she'll only stay here for 5 months.

Thanks! Ur response is greatly appreciated!

amelia1727

Mar 10, 2012
chelseaviel said:
Hi guys,

Do u have any suggestions on which insurance company offers the best price with good coverage? My mom is applying for super visa but I was thinking it could be better off to apply for visit visa since insurance is not that much expensive. Anyways she'll only stay here for 5 months.

Medyo specific sila sa insurance for supervise. You have to buy the whole year kahit na 5 months.. Pricey nga lang siya, well depending sa edad ng parents mo. Naginquire ako dati sa Manulife my mom is around 70+.. They quoted me for 3,700 a year.. You have to pre-pay it then yung ndi mo maggamit marerefund nmn in the end.

What I did, I applied for regular TRV for my parents and then consulate gave them 5 years multiple visa.

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
chelseaviel said:
Thanks Kelly,

Yeah I should submit it thru Canadian immigration in Phillipines. But u made your app thru online right? And u just paid by credit card. How about the original forms that are signed by my mother she'll just submit it directly to the Canadian immigration together with the supporting docs?
Pasensya sa kakulitan ko need to make sure that I'm doing it right.

Thank you!
I submitted paper application. My mother went to the bank and got a manager's check. I sent the forms to her and she signed them. I asked her to bring the documents to VFS Global in Makati to make sure we have everything. My mother paid 900+ pesos for them to check it but I told myself, I wanna make sure that I did it right. VFS said we have everything and they submitted it to Canadian Embassy Manila. 4 working days later, my mom's passport was stamped with 5-years tourist visa

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
chelseaviel said:
Hi guys,

I got mine from a former co-worker at Insurance company. My mom's insurance is TIC.. For 5 months, I paid $1,058. She's 62. It is a good coverage as well.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Hi Kelly,

What's VFS? I'm planning to do it online and submit the app from here (Canada) I have decided to apply for visit visa only at least insurance is not that expensive. Did u apply for supervisa? Is there a difference in processing time when you apply thru paper or online? Or if the app is being submitted in Philippines or here?

Thanks

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
amelia1727 said:
Medyo specific sila sa insurance for supervise. You have to buy the whole year kahit na 5 months.. Pricey nga lang siya, well depending sa edad ng parents mo. Naginquire ako dati sa Manulife my mom is around 70+.. They quoted me for 3,700 a year.. You have to pre-pay it then yung ndi mo maggamit marerefund nmn in the end.

What I did, I applied for regular TRV for my parents and then consulate gave them 5 years multiple visa.
I'm planning to apply for visit visa nlng din. Ang mga requirements pareho sa supervisa ang pinagkaiba lng ang insurance. Kailangan tlaga 100,000 ang coverage sa supervisa. Nag apply ka din back thru paper or online? Mas Madali Kaya lng sakali ang online?

Thanks amelia

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
kelly0920 said:
Are you in Canada and want to invite your parents to visit you?

I arrived in Canada in August 2014 as a caregiver. I was a bit skeptical to apply for a Supervisa because she has diabetes so I tried visitor's visa instead.

After gathering all the documents needed, we submitted them to Canadian Embassy in Manila. To my surprise, her visa was approved in only 4 working days..I also thought that she will be approved for 6 months only because I mentioned on my letter that she will be staying with me for 5 months. To my surprise, she was given 5 years visa.

www.ofwstories.com/how-a-filipino-senior-citizen-got-a-5-year-tourist-visa-to-canada/

Hi kelly, does your mom have properties back home? bec my mom in law doesn't have savings nor property that is under her name. their property is still under their parents name :( and she only have a lil bit of income from her pension. thanks