+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No savings and a senior citizen from the Philippines got a 5 years visitors visa

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
lyvly said:
Hi Kelly,

I just applied my parents today through online.. did you have to show your bank statement? I am really crossing my fingers bcoz this is their second time. The first time, it was refused reason of insufficient funds. I was thinking maybe because we were not yet pr holders that time. but now i read your situation, i feel hopeful. I am wondering, did you submit your notice of assessment as well and T4,.. I just submitted my notice of assessment so kinda skeptical. And lastly, what was the reason of her visit?.. sorry for this questions, but I cant really take out of my mind for our application to get refused again. thanks in advance.
I submitted employment letter showing my annual income. I didn't submit my T4 because I had 8 T4s in 2014. I jumped from being a caregiver, to a receptionist, factory worker, cashier, office assistant to now recruiter. Being a recruiter made me become eligible to invite 2 people.

I also submitted bank statements showing my assets and liabilities including my condo (I said on my letter that I have a place for her to stay). She doesn't have money of her own so I should really make sure that the Immigration sees that I will shoulder her expenses..

The reason of her visit is she's attending my wedding :)

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelly0920 said:
I submitted employment letter showing my annual income. I didn't submit my T4 because I had 8 T4s in 2014. I jumped from being a caregiver, to a receptionist, factory worker, cashier, office assistant to now recruiter. Being a recruiter made me become eligible to invite 2 people.

I also submitted bank statements showing my assets and liabilities including my condo (I said on my letter that I have a place for her to stay). She doesn't have money of her own so I should really make sure that the Immigration sees that I will shoulder her expenses..

your are getting married, congratulations ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) welcome to the club :p :p :p

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
So you submitted paystubs instead of bank statements? Does it have to be a big pay? my husband earns only $21/hr.. I dont know if that was one of the things our application was denied.
amelia1727 said:
I have submitted my parents application also, and they got 5 years multiple visa. On the online application, I attached my pay stub for 4 months. I did not bother to get employment cert from my employer (too lazy..lol) The reason of visit is just plainly visiting Canada. On my invitation letter I stated that I will shoulder all the expenses.

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Hello again,, so you said being a recruiter made you eligible to invite 2. My husband is a drywall installer and I am a receptionist., Do you think we are eligible to invite 2? Sorry,, I just cant help worrying.. Ill keep you posted if we get refused again. Thanks

kelly0920 said:

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
hoping_canadian said:
your are getting married, congratulations ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) welcome to the club :p :p :p
Thank you!! Kinda stressed now lol.. I am making my own dress and I am not halfway done yet.. My wedding is in July 4

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
lyvly said:
So you submitted paystubs instead of bank statements? Does it have to be a big pay? my husband earns only $21/hr.. I dont know if that was one of the things our application was denied.
It depends on how many people in your household. There is a guide on cic website on how much money you should be earning to invite people.

This is for Super visa but I used it as a guide as well

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2011/2011-12-01.asp

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Hi again, sorry to bother you..
I got several updates on our online application but nothing really shows. It only says OPEN. :-\. I have been notified 4 times already, 2 updates on each application. that is, after the submission and transmission msgs.. does it normally happen?

kelly0920 said:
It depends on how many people in your household. There is a guide on cic website on how much money you should be earning to invite people.

This is for Super visa but I used it as a guide as well

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2011/2011-12-01.asp

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lyvly said:
Hello again,, so you said being a recruiter made you eligible to invite 2. My husband is a drywall installer and I am a receptionist., Do you think we are eligible to invite 2? Sorry,, I just cant help worrying.. Ill keep you posted if we get refused again. Thanks
you can invite 2. I invited 5 people and all of them get the visa

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
lyvly said:
Hi again, sorry to bother you..
I got several updates on our online application but nothing really shows. It only says OPEN. :-\. I have been notified 4 times already, 2 updates on each application. that is, after the submission and transmission msgs.. does it normally happen?
I am not really sure if it does usually happen because I did paper application for my mom :)

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
hoping_canadian said:
you can invite 2. I invited 5 people and all of them get the visa
wow!.. I hope i get a blessing just like you had

amelia1727

Mar 10, 2012
lyvly said:
Yes, I did.. It doesn't matter how much as long as you are earning a living and doesn't ask someone or the government for support. Send me a message because it is much more easier for me to see and respond on to it.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Hello everyone!

I'm in a process of preparing a super visa app for my mom and it's a paper app but I have questions pls see below:

1) my mother is a housewife and doesn't work, no property or own a business. But she has money in the bank which my father sends her every month. Will that be enough to convince the visa officer?

2) my salary won't be enough to qualify for LICO (low income cut off) so I will include my husband's salary but he just started a new job this week would that matter?

3) for the medical insurance do I need to buy it here in Canada or in Philippines? Should I buy it when the visa is granted or before? Same thing with plane ticket

Hoping for your response.Thank you!

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
chelseaviel said:
Hello everyone!

I'm in a process of preparing a super visa app for my mom and it's a paper app but I have questions pls see below:

1) my mother is a housewife and doesn't work, no property or own a business. But she has money in the bank which my father sends her every month. Will that be enough to convince the visa officer?
My mom doesn't have a property and she's not working. I only sent her $1000 for her pocket money. I put in my invitation letter that everything will be shouldered by me so I don't think it mattered if she does or doesn't have savings. It might happen to your mom too BUT, the visa officer has the last say of course :)

chelseaviel said:
2) my salary won't be enough to qualify for LICO (low income cut off) so I will include my husband's salary but he just started a new job this week would that matter?
If you and your husband are going to shoulder your mom's expenses, make sure that you have proof of income like T4 or employment letter stating your salary. If you have savings in the bank, include that one too.

chelseaviel said:
3) for the medical insurance do I need to buy it here in Canada or in Philippines? Should I buy it when the visa is granted or before? Same thing with plane ticket
Indicate in your invitation that you are going to shoulder her medical insurance as well. I bought my mom's here because when she gets hospitalized, we will be dealing with Insurance company here (not the one in the Philippines. Too much hassle) Buy it when she is approved. You need to buy at least 1 year for Supervisa.. Goodluck with the cost LOL.. My mom was $1100 for 5 months haha.. It was expensive than her ticket.. Anyway, I bought her insurance and ticket when visa was approved.. There is no assurance that your mom will be approved a SUpervisa so make sure that you don't buy an insurance and ticket yet especially tickets are non-refundable.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
kelly0920 said:
My mom doesn't have a property and she's not working. I only sent her $1000 for her pocket money. I put in my invitation letter that everything will be shouldered by me so I don't think it mattered if she does or doesn't have savings. It might happen to your mom too BUT, the visa officer has the last say of course :)

If you and your husband are going to shoulder your mom's expenses, make sure that you have proof of income like T4 or employment letter stating your salary. If you have savings in the bank, include that one too.

Indicate in your invitation that you are going to shoulder her medical insurance as well. I bought my mom's here because when she gets hospitalized, we will be dealing with Insurance company here (not the one in the Philippines. Too much hassle) Buy it when she is approved. You need to buy at least 1 year for Supervisa.. Goodluck with the cost LOL.. My mom was $1100 for 5 months haha.. It was expensive than her ticket.. Anyway, I bought her insurance and ticket when visa was approved.. There is no assurance that your mom will be approved a SUpervisa so make sure that you don't buy an insurance and ticket yet especially tickets are non-refundable.
Thanks Kelly! I have follow-up questions:

1)I checked the processing time for supervisa pls correct me if im wrong according to cic website if you process the app outside canada it will take 7 days in Philippines so does it mean that its better if my mother will just submit app thru Philippine immigration? or I better submit it here myself since im here in canada?

2) Where did you buy your insurance? Maybe ill buy from there too :)

Pochie

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
I have a question, my sister will apply for our mother's supervisa, is it okay to pay the application fee thru the cic website or pay in the Philippines?