+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No salary on work experience letter and some salary slips. What to do?

silentmouse

Feb 8, 2024
My company refused to add salary to the experience letter and only provided salary slips of the last year out of 4 years I worked there. Is the salary slips of last year enough?
What else can I submit as a proof of salary?
I have tax form (form 16) from the company that indicates my salary, can I submit that?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
My company refused to add salary to the experience letter and only provided salary slips of the last year out of 4 years I worked there. Is the salary slips of last year enough?
What else can I submit as a proof of salary?
I have tax form (form 16) from the company that indicates my salary, can I submit that?
Check this...your experience letter have to include salary details...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

silentmouse

Feb 8, 2024
As per the company policy, salary cant be disclosed on reference letter. I believe completeness check in the link you shared would require some acceptable alternate proof that I was paid during the job if its not included in the reference letter. This link doesnt mention any alternate acceptable documents and states the same requirements listed on express entry document checklist. Please suggest any other proofs I can submit.
So far my plan is to submit a combined pdf containing a letter of explanation stating the issue and what alternates I provided, reference letter, offer letter, promotion letters, and salary slips of last year.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
As per the company policy, salary cant be disclosed on reference letter. I believe completeness check in the link you shared would require some acceptable alternate proof that I was paid during the job if its not included in the reference letter. This link doesnt mention any alternate acceptable documents and states the same requirements listed on express entry document checklist. Please suggest any other proofs I can submit.
So far my plan is to submit a combined pdf containing a letter of explanation stating the issue and what alternates I provided, reference letter, offer letter, promotion letters, and salary slips of last year.
All good with if there is no way...
I don't know why this policy...haven't heard or seen a reference letter with salary details...