Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
Hi,
I got my PPR (Passport Request) in Dec 2017 and CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) in January 2018. I am yet to do my soft landing.

I got married on May 20, 2018. I raised a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) on May 22, 2018 for adding spouse in my application using the URL (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx).

I received the following email from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) on June 1, 2018.

"Thank you for contacting IRCC. We have verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application. We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

After that email, I haven't heard back anything from my local visa office (New Delhi).

I sent an email to delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca with the above mentioned details, but I have got only automated response.

I am assuming that, my CSE is not being reviewed by New Delhi Visa Office. Please let me know what will you do, if you are in my situation. I am almost broken :-(

Thank you,
Palani

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,
I got my PPR (Passport Request) in Dec 2017 and CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) in January 2018. I am yet to do my soft landing.

I got married on May 20, 2018. I raised a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) on May 22, 2018 for adding spouse in my application using the URL (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx).

I received the following email from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) on June 1, 2018.

"Thank you for contacting IRCC. We have verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application. We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

After that email, I haven't heard back anything from my local visa office (New Delhi).

I sent an email to delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca with the above mentioned details, but I have got only automated response.

I am assuming that, my CSE is not being reviewed by New Delhi Visa Office. Please let me know what will you do, if you are in my situation. I am almost broken :-(

Thank you,
Palani
You can either wait or send another CSE but mark it "Urgent".

palanioct09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
You can either wait or send another CSE but mark it "Urgent".
Thank you zardoz! To add one more point of my current status, in my CIC profile, I have noticed my document status is showing as "Your document is invalid" since May 22, 2018, the day on which I raised the CSE. It means at least the process was initiated.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
You have taken the right step.......when you applied for PR, you were single but have now married.....so if you land without informing IRCC of your marriage....it will not only be misrepresentation but you may not be able to sponsor your spouse in the future.....so you informing IRCC is correct thing to do.........and must not land before the marital status change is effected.

You informed IRCC on May 22 and should know by now how IRCC is slow to respond to enquiries.......adding your spouse to your PR will take some time to process as your new accompanying dependent will need to complete medical and maybe submit PCC.

The response you received on June 1, 2018 says "We have verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office".......so keep that response for future references and confirmation that you informed IRCC of the change in your marital status.......relax.......if you don't hear from New Delhi VO after June 22nd, send a follow-up email.......also keep checking your emails and online account for any update.

The IRCC telephone number is only accessible from with Canada.......Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)........

High Commission of Canada in India, in New Delhi

Reactions: palanioct09

palanioct09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
You have taken the right step.......when you applied for PR, you were single but have now married.....so if you land without informing IRCC of your marriage....it will not only be misrepresentation but you may not be able to sponsor your spouse in the future.....so you informing IRCC is correct thing to do.........and must not land before the marital status change is effected.

You informed IRCC on May 22 and should know by now how IRCC is slow to respond to enquiries.......adding your spouse to your PR will take some time to process as your new accompanying dependent will need to complete medical and maybe submit PCC.

The response you received on June 1, 2018 says "We have verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office".......so keep that response for future references and confirmation that you informed IRCC of the change in your marital status.......relax.......if you don't hear from New Delhi VO after June 22nd, send a follow-up email.......also keep checking your emails and online account for any update.

The IRCC telephone number is only accessible from with Canada.......Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)........

High Commission of Canada in India, in New Delhi
Thank you Wakki for taking time in responding to my question. People in this forum is the real hope for people like me.

palanioct09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
Hi Guys, I haven't received any response from New Delhi Visa office.
Should I need to submit my application in papers to New Delhi office, but before that at least I should receive an email from New Delhi visa office to collect the PCC, Medical Certificate, etc.
If any one got married after CoPR/ changed any details after CoPR, how did you guys approached the New Delhi visa office. It's been more than a month now, I raised a CSE. Guys, please let me know what to do. Can I consult any private visa agents?
For more details of my problem, please read my first thread.

palanioct09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
Send another email to New Delhi Visa Office regarding your case........in the email subject line...write "URGENT: REQUEST FOR COPR UPDATE".......explain how you earlier sent emails, sent CSE and politely explain why your case should be treated urgently and need their urgent assistance.

DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

You should know by now how IRCC is slow to respond to enquiries.

Visa office in New Delhi, India
Thank you Wakki! I have sent an email to DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and raised a CSE with messaging it as URGENT and mentioned that I haven't heard back anything from them.

If the process is started and if it's delaying, then I can be patience. If the process itself has not started since 30+ days, that's what scares me. :-(

palanioct09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
I got a chance to speak to the IRCC agent last night. I informed them regarding my problem.
When I raised the CSE on May 23, 2018 I selected the option as "........my visa process is in Canada" instead of "... outside Canada". I informed the same to the agent. Agent said, the person who get a chance to review my CSE "may" transfer it to the corresponding local visa office.

He also said - There is no way to contact the New Delhi Visa office, other than email, also their response will be very late that the application will be approved by the time they response to our emails.

Meanwhile, I raised a second CSE by selecting last week "... visa process from outside India" and New Delhi as the local visa office. I hope , I should wait for at least 10 working days to hear back from them.

I didn't have proper guidance for Post COPR marriage, that's why there is lot of confusions/CSEs/follow up emails. My situation is a complete mess now.

palanioct09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
Yes, there is an update in my case. I received an additional document request from CIC asking me to provide the following on last Thursday: I submitted all documents and later I found that I missed to do the payment fees. And then, I paid the fees and raised a CSE and attached the receipt. Also, I have sent a separate email to DELHI IMMIGRATION regarding the submission of document and payment done later.

The following information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected. 1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:  Go to our Online Payment webpage;
 Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed;
 Select the “Immigration” link, followed by the category in which you applied for permanent residence;
 Enter the number of fee payments (1) in the box beside the corresponding fee;
 Click “Submit”.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please upload your receipt directly to your MyCIC account.
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications.
3. Forms  Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);  Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);  A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669;  Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);  If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union. 4. Documents  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate;  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport;  If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate;  If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate. 5. Police certificate We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries. 6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached). 7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos: Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max);
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max). 8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.
Please note:
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.
If we do not receive the information/documents within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.

akashskaria

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
I have a doubt .. if your spouse's application gets denied (god forbids) will your PR too be denied or will it remain valid

palanioct09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
I have a doubt .. if your spouse's application gets denied (god forbids) will your PR too be denied or will it remain valid
They may reject or allow me to enter Canada which is purely based on the higher level officials' decision.

As per immigration notice released on April 2018,
"If you receive your Confirmation of Permanent Residence on or after April 18, 2017 and it indicates that you “must cohabit in a conjugal relationship with your sponsor or partner for a continuous period of 2 years after the day on which you became a PR”, this requirement no longer applies to you.
The condition was introduced as a means to deter people from seeking to immigrate to Canada through non-genuine relationships. By removing the condition, the Government recognizes that, while cases of marriage fraud exist, the majority of relationships are genuine and most spousal sponsorship applications are made in good faith."

So I believe, the genuine applications are processed.

aaron0487

Jul 10, 2019
Hi Palani,

I am in a similar situation what you were in an year ago, could you please provide me more details on the following questions , I would highly appreciate that.

My AOR date is 15.10.2018
I haven't received PPR until now(10.07.2019) and I know that my application is being processed by New Delhi VO office. I have sent them multiple emails asking the status of my application but no luck.

I got married recently and had communicated again multiple times to New Delhi VO office seeking next steps to get my spouse added in the application but again no reply.

Could anyone guide me what would be the best way forward?

aaron0487

Jul 10, 2019
Yes, there is an update in my case. I received an additional document request from CIC asking me to provide the following on last Thursday: I submitted all documents and later I found that I missed to do the payment fees. And then, I paid the fees and raised a CSE and attached the receipt. Also, I have sent a separate email to DELHI IMMIGRATION regarding the submission of document and payment done later.

The following information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected. 1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:  Go to our Online Payment webpage;
 Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed;
 Select the “Immigration” link, followed by the category in which you applied for permanent residence;
 Enter the number of fee payments (1) in the box beside the corresponding fee;
 Click “Submit”.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please upload your receipt directly to your MyCIC account.
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications.
3. Forms  Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);  Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);  A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669;  Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);  If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union. 4. Documents  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate;  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport;  If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate;  If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate. 5. Police certificate We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries. 6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached). 7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos: Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max);
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max). 8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.
Please note:
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.
If we do not receive the information/documents within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.

Hi Palani, I don't find an option to upload documents of my wife in my CIC account? I just sent all the documents through webform and mail. Could you guide me if I am missing something?