+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NO REMARKS ON STUDY PERMIT IF I CAN WORK OFF CAMPUS OR NO?

invisible_sk

Apr 5, 2016
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME.

MY STUDY PERMIT HAS NO SUCH REMARKS THAT I CAN WORK OFF CAMPUS 20 HOURS A WEEK. DO I NEED TO APPLY FOR AMENDMENT? IF YES THEN WHAT REASON DO I HAVE TO PUT THERE??? PLEASE ADVISE.

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
If it does not state if you can work 20 hours off campus do not work. Contact IRCC or CBSA by the number that is on the back of your Study Permit and someone should be able to help you. Only once you have recieved confirmation only then I would start working, it's not worth working presuming you are permitted and then getting in trouble with the CBSA and IRCC.

Virtually

May 22, 2017
If it does not state if you can work 20 hours off campus do not work. Contact IRCC or CBSA by the number that is on the back of your Study Permit and someone should be able to help you. Only once you have recieved confirmation only then I would start working, it's not worth working presuming you are permitted and then getting in trouble with the CBSA and IRCC.
Hey, do you know what the following means?
As of February 2, 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is no longer issuing confirmation to work off campus documents. If you were previously issued a confirmation to work off campus document by CIC, you may continue to present it to Service Canada in order to apply for a SIN.

Even I don't have any such remark on the letter I received from cic.

Student hard work

Jan 5, 2019
Hello
I have full time study permit .. with no remark or condition written. I have coop work permit along with that.for same valid time as study permit.. i received sin number when i showed both documents at service canada . i also work off campus 20 hours first three sems and 4th sem was coop i worked only for coop. Is any chance to get problem during my PGWP. now i am confused that was i elegible to work also for 20 hours iff campus during studies .. plzz provide info

Reactions: Susmitha3
May 5, 2020
Hello
I have full time study permit .. with no remark or condition written. I have coop work permit along with that.for same valid time as study permit.. i received sin number when i showed both documents at service canada . i also work off campus 20 hours first three sems and 4th sem was coop i worked only for coop. Is any chance to get problem during my PGWP. now i am confused that was i elegible to work also for 20 hours iff campus during studies .. plzz provide info
Plz tell me wht u did then

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Hey, do you know what the following means?
As of February 2, 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is no longer issuing confirmation to work off campus documents. If you were previously issued a confirmation to work off campus document by CIC, you may continue to present it to Service Canada in order to apply for a SIN.

Even I don't have any such remark on the letter I received from cic.
I think earlier they were issuing separate work permit for working off campus. They are no longer issuing separate work permit for working off campus while studying now instead they told me that you can work off campus 20 hours a week. You should call IRCC and confirm whether you are allowed to off campus or not just be on safe side.

Susmitha3

Jan 23, 2024
Hello
Hi I have also same issue how do you solve this one