+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No PPR/ CoPR?

boradley

Jun 25, 2020
Hi all,

I've tried searching myself but I'm really lost and need help.

Applying inland for Express Entry CEC, I'm from UK.

On June 9th I received an email stating

We are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent residents of Canada.

Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. We kindly ask that you read the letter carefully and follow the instructions concerning obtaining your permanent residence cards as well as applying of other government services..
Along with a letter attached, (and the same letter in my online account), with a CoPR number, saying 'Congratulations, you're a permanent resident' and stating the following;

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a
permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you
are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that
meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your
unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo.
From what I have seen online, this letter itself is not the CoPR. I have waited and nothing has been mailed to me yet. My new Sin which I applied for a week after receiving this, has arrived.

I never received a PPR. I'm confused as to next steps, am I expecting to received a CoPR in the mail still? Do I mail that letter they sent me with my photo for PR card? I assume I don't need to 'land' with the border restrictions and the Service Canada offices being closed.

I hope you all can help, thanks so much!

Becky

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You're from the UK, so you don't need a visa in your passport to come here, so you don't get a PPR.

You also don't get a COPR - the letter that you have in hand is what proves it. You will eventually get a PR card.

You need to send them photos to actually get the PR card.

You don't need to land.

boradley

Jun 25, 2020
You're from the UK, so you don't need a visa in your passport to come here, so you don't get a PPR.

You also don't get a COPR - the letter that you have in hand is what proves it. You will eventually get a PR card.

You need to send them photos to actually get the PR card.

You don't need to land.
Thanks so much! Okay perfect, so this is the letter I have to send with photos for my PR card?

akforever99

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
This is the new process for Inland applicants only. (Not because you are from UK). Due to the closed border and limited international flights, the PPR and landing procedures for inland applicants are skipped. just send the photo along with the confirmation letter to get your PR card.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
This is the new process for Inland applicants only. (Not because you are from UK). Due to the closed border and limited international flights, the PPR and landing procedures for inland applicants are skipped. just send the photo along with the confirmation letter to get your PR card.
A UK applicant would never get a PPR. At most they'd be asked to send a photocopy of their passport.

akforever99

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
A UK applicant would never get a PPR. At most they'd be asked to send a photocopy of their passport.
this is not the reason right now. I am not from UK, and I got the same letter. My friends and other people in the forum got the same letter, they are not from UK. ok?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
this is not the reason right now. I am not from UK, and I got the same letter. My friends and other people in the forum got the same letter, they are not from UK. ok?
I'm just clarifying that UK passports never get PPR. You said he didn't get one because of COVID. You are correct, in that there are no PPRs because of COVID, but a UK passport holder would never have one in any event.

Please don't be so defensive.

Reactions: Wotsit

akforever99

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
I'm just clarifying that UK passports never get PPR. You said he didn't get one because of COVID. You are correct, in that there are no PPRs because of COVID, but a UK passport holder would never have one in any event.

Please don't be so defensive.
Based on his current case and the information he provided, I just stated the truth, useful and helpful message to him. it is you so sensitive that you are defending yourself. I won't reply any response any more to you. It is meaningless. So don't quote my words.

• Haha
Reactions: k.h.p.

viswesh146

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am in Canada now and my family is in India, will I get a PPR or will I get COPR directly? My family alone will get PPR? (Everyone is Indian passport holders)

Chichu456

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancour
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2019
AOR Received.
02-12-1991
Med's Request
07-07-2020
Med's Done....
23-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2021
LANDED..........
18-09-2016
Hi all,

I've tried searching myself but I'm really lost and need help.

Applying inland for Express Entry CEC, I'm from UK.

On June 9th I received an email stating

Along with a letter attached, (and the same letter in my online account), with a CoPR number, saying 'Congratulations, you're a permanent resident' and stating the following;

From what I have seen online, this letter itself is not the CoPR. I have waited and nothing has been mailed to me yet. My new Sin which I applied for a week after receiving this, has arrived.

I never received a PPR. I'm confused as to next steps, am I expecting to received a CoPR in the mail still? Do I mail that letter they sent me with my photo for PR card? I assume I don't need to 'land' with the border restrictions and the Service Canada offices being closed.

I hope you all can help, thanks so much!

Becky
Have u got the COPR? I had the same situation. Never received the COPR.