+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

** NO PAYSTUBS but T4 is there

sai2595

Jan 15, 2023
Hello,

I worked as an Administrative assistant (Jan 2021- Feb 2021) for one of the company. I lost the paystubs since they were sent by post but I have their T4.

The issue is that T4 has Income tax deducted section blank.

But I filed that T4 with the CRA and paid my taxes with that I was due. Can I submit that T4 for CEC application?

Thank you

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,

I worked as an Administrative assistant (Jan 2021- Feb 2021) for one of the company. I lost the paystubs since they were sent by post but I have their T4.

But I filed that T4 with the CRA and paid my taxes with that I was due. Can I submit that T4 for CEC application?

Thank you
Contact the company usually the accountants of the company preserve them for a decade in case of verification. They can issue them again maybe ask for electronic copies rather than printed ones.

sai2595

Jan 15, 2023
Yes for sure. But as far as T4 is concerned, Income tax deducted is blank can I submit it like that. But I paid tax for that income.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes for sure. But as far as T4 is concerned, Income tax deducted is blank can I submit it like that. But I paid tax for that income.
I don't think this is ok. You need to contact your employer. From my point of view if I see your T4 like that it means your employer never paid tax for you. It can also give you an impression that this is dodgy.

sai2595

Jan 15, 2023
Thank you for your response.

As of now I am under PGWP extension (which was announced in August 2022. I got the work permit on PGWP extension recently, Jan 6 2023). Can I include my current job experience I get while working in PGWP extension for CEC. ?

Does the work experience gained in PGWP extension count towards CEC ?. Because it's mentioned in requirements of CEC " The experience gained in Canada in Past 3 years" it doesn't mention anything about PGWP extension

sai2595

Jan 15, 2023
Because without that 2 months I will be short of 5 days for total 52 weeks experience required. So can I add the work experience I will be gaining by PGWP extension?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Because without that 2 months I will be short of 5 days for total 52 weeks experience required. So can I add the work experience I will be gaining by PGWP extension?
The best thing I feel is to complete the 5 days period. It won't cause any issue and you will be in safe zone even if the officer want to reject that 2 months in case.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Hello,

Thank you
You can submit and add the notice of assessment from CRA

Reactions: Taran D

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello,

Thank you
Are you sure it’s a T4 and not a T4A ?

If the tax section is blank it sounds like it’s for services rendered, aka contract work.
If it was an employee , then taxes , CPP, EI are deducted at source
If you filed that and paid the taxes directly to the CRA , it was a T4A

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

sai2595

Jan 15, 2023
Thank you soo much for your response guys !. I have one more question, irrelevant to this topic. The requirements for CEC says :

• have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time work:for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.
    • full-time work at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
  • have gained your work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with authorization to work

1. Soo, as of now I am under the PGWP extension policy announced by the Government back in August 2022. Should I include that work experience I gained while I am in PGWP extension in the CEC application ? . Is it considered valid under CEC or is it better to exclude this experience ?

2. When the requirements says experience "in the last 3 years before you apply". Let us say if some of my experience goes out of that 3 years period while my application is in process with Visa officer. Will that experience still be valid because I have that experience legit when applying ?.

Apr 12, 2024
HI everyone,
Just wanted to clarify my doubts. I'm on PGWP and currently doing cleaning subcontract. My immigration consultant has already began PR application under Federal Skilled Work program. They said I am eligible for it as my contractor's office is willing to provide me with the supervisor's employment letter. However, they won't provide me with paystubs. I got T4A only.
Will the visa officer ask for T4 and paystubs?