+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No passport submission letter received for student visa

gurtesh

Nov 10, 2019
Hi, I received an email stating that my study permit application has been updated.
When i entered CIC, (applied online), they said that my application has been approved, and i received a correspondence letter stating:

"Dear ...,
Your application to study in canada has been approved. A permit authorizing your studies will be issued to you on your arrival...."

So what does this mean, shouldn't they request my passport?
Received no passport submission letter.
My passport is Indian.
Currently holding a TRV VISA FOR CANADA
I have been trying to email them for more than a month already and still no response need urgent help because my classes will start this January 2020.

Thanks

Last edited:

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Hi, I received an email stating that my study permit application has been updated.
When i entered CIC, (applied online), they said that my application has been approved, and i received a correspondence letter stating:

"Dear ...,
Your application to study in canada has been approved. A permit authorizing your studies will be issued to you on your arrival...."

So what does this mean, shouldn't they request my passport?
Received no passport submission letter.
My passport is Indian.
I have been trying to email them for more than a month already and still no response need urgent help because my classes will start this January 2020.

Thanks
If you have a previous valid trv since it seems to me you have been to Canada before, you don't need another visa stamped on your passport.

gurtesh

Nov 10, 2019
If you have a previous valid trv since it seems to me you have been to Canada before, you don't need another visa stamped on your passport.
Yes, i have a valid TRV but i have never been to canada. I also have a freind who has a valid TRV visa but he recently got a study visa stamped on his passport.

Last edited:

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Since you already have a valid TRV you don't need another one to enter Canada and the study permit will be issued to you at the POE. Your friends case is strange because usually no fresh TRV is required if a study permit is approved and the applicant has a valid TRV.