+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No passport for non accompanying dependent for medical exam? Help!!

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
I am sponsoring my husband in land and he has a non accompanying child in the US. We have had nothing but problems trying to get a passport for the child to be able to get a medical exam. His ex partner will not get him a passport no matter how many times we try. My husband lost custody of the child in September and the IRCC officer asked for proof as we were requesting to take the dependent off. We sent all of our proof and even a notorized letter from his ex partner that she sent us asking us to stop contacting her regarding immigration and to take the child off the application. Last week, after two months of 0 response from the officer, the officer sent a letter saying we have until December 31st to provide the medical exam for the child. His ex partner now says if we can go to the US to do she will let us take him BUT she still has not got him a passport and says she has no intention to in the near future. I’m at a loss of what to do, we have a meeting with a immigration lawyer next week but in the mean time I’m wondering if anyone has been through something similar or has any tips? Would IRCC allow his medical exam without a passport? He has a birth certificate and social security but that is it…

lasikram

May 27, 2016
I am sponsoring my husband in land and he has a non accompanying child in the US. We have had nothing but problems trying to get a passport for the child to be able to get a medical exam. His ex partner will not get him a passport no matter how many times we try. My husband lost custody of the child in September and the IRCC officer asked for proof as we were requesting to take the dependent off. We sent all of our proof and even a notorized letter from his ex partner that she sent us asking us to stop contacting her regarding immigration and to take the child off the application. Last week, after two months of 0 response from the officer, the officer sent a letter saying we have until December 31st to provide the medical exam for the child. His ex partner now says if we can go to the US to do she will let us take him BUT she still has not got him a passport and says she has no intention to in the near future. I’m at a loss of what to do, we have a meeting with a immigration lawyer next week but in the mean time I’m wondering if anyone has been through something similar or has any tips? Would IRCC allow his medical exam without a passport? He has a birth certificate and social security but that is it…

lasikram

May 27, 2016
Hi! what is the update? I am in your same situation. It has been more than a year since we finished our medical exam except for my non-accompanying son (previous relationship). We also submitted statutory declaration and notarized affidavit. His mom will not allow him to undergo the medical examination. my application got stranded running 30 months now still at medical in progress because of that.

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Hi! what is the update? I am in your same situation. It has been more than a year since we finished our medical exam except for my non-accompanying son (previous relationship). We also submitted statutory declaration and notarized affidavit. His mom will not allow him to undergo the medical examination. my application got stranded running 30 months now still at medical in progress because of that.
My husband finally got PR. We just continued to send the proof and an affidavit every time a medical exam was requested. We met with a lawyer and the same day we met with the lawyer things changed (we never hired the lawyer and he never did any thing for our application) the officer on file was suddenly changed and the new officer said they were proceeding with the application and taking the dependent off. In my experience, try to get as much documentation of the mother saying no and continuously ask her. Continue to send affidavits and write your surrendering your right to sponsor letter. My husband probably asked 1-2 times a week to show it was going to be impossible. However, in our case the mother also got full custody (as a way to screw over our application and not allow a medical exam) and I think because my husband has no legal rights anymore, it was finally understood that the medical exam was not happening…. Do you have custody?

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Get a lawyer if you can! We were about to hire one before the officers were switched.

lasikram

May 27, 2016
My husband finally got PR. We just continued to send the proof and an affidavit every time a medical exam was requested. We met with a lawyer and the same day we met with the lawyer things changed (we never hired the lawyer and he never did any thing for our application) the officer on file was suddenly changed and the new officer said they were proceeding with the application and taking the dependent off. In my experience, try to get as much documentation of the mother saying no and continuously ask her. Continue to send affidavits and write your surrendering your right to sponsor letter. My husband probably asked 1-2 times a week to show it was going to be impossible. However, in our case the mother also got full custody (as a way to screw over our application and not allow a medical exam) and I think because my husband has no legal rights anymore, it was finally understood that the medical exam was not happening…. Do you have custody?
Thank you for your reply. I do have an immigration lawyer. I submitted notarized affidavit signed by his mother (ex girlfriend) stating she has the full custody and she does not want our son to undergo medical exam. I also made a statutory declaration outlining the facts that his mom is uncooperative. His mom sent me a US visa and passport copy to show that they are moving to US. Thats all my lawyer advised me to do. I finished my medical exam last November 2020 but until now my medical is still in progress because of my non-accompanying son who did not undergo medical examination. how long your husband waited from medical to copr? Thanks again

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I do have an immigration lawyer. I submitted notarized affidavit signed by his mother (ex girlfriend) stating she has the full custody and she does not want our son to undergo medical exam. I also made a statutory declaration outlining the facts that his mom is uncooperative. His mom sent me a US visa and passport copy to show that they are moving to US. Thats all my lawyer advised me to do. I finished my medical exam last November 2020 but until now my medical is still in progress because of my non-accompanying son who did not undergo medical examination. how long your husband waited from medical to copr? Thanks again
The lawyer we talked to told me that in cases like this, the officer is just being difficult for no reason. Clearly, you cannot get a medical exam. Very frustrating and I hope you hear some positive news soon, I know how stressful it is. It put my family under alot of stress as our future was in the hands of his ex who was actively trying to sabotage anything she could. I can’t believe how long it’s been for you though?! We were asked for medical July 23rd, husband completed his July 24th. Dependent was taken off application on December 13th after several web forms of the same proof over and over again and he received copr January 7th.