+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No particular NOC Code Available : PLEASE HELP

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
Hello fello Forum members,

Hope you guys are doing good and enjoying Canada games at the Olympics. Go Canada ! :)

I am about to begin my application for applying PR under the CEC class and have been frantically trying to look up the NOC Code for my previous job.

My previous designation was Project Analyst which was mainly involved in managing the Project Finances which is a close match with a Project Controls Analyst who manages the scope, schedule and budget for a project from start to end.

I have tried all different kinds of search techniques on the HRSDC website, however I may not be doing it the right way. I am copying a short blurb of roles/responsibilities here , it would help you to understand what my duties were at the job.

Your help will be really appreciated. Thank you so very much !! :)
Ensuring established project financial controls are consistently and appropriately implemented for a portfolio of project work through the sufficiently detailed implementation of financial reporting
• Providing timely and quality project monitoring and cost control information for all projects
• Evaluating reporting of deviation from specific project budgets and timelines and intervenes/escalates as necessary
• Reviewing and evaluating project progress to ensure that financial controls are being correctly utilized and reported utilizing the PRINCE2 templates
• Assessing and verifying financial reporting to ensure compliance; and that project managers/leaders are applying expected discipline to project financial management by generating monthly status reporting to the Manager, Project Office
• Inspecting portfolio of projects on a continuous basis to ensure that adherence to (PRINCE2) project management processes and standards are being followed and provide regular updates to the Manager, Project Office
• Engaging with internal and external project stakeholders including division managers, project managers, and delivery managers to ensure conformance with the appropriate project management practices
• Recommending improvements to workflow and processes of the Project Office and Project Management processes

Nikki30588

Star Member
May 30, 2012
I too am having a hard time finding the "perfect" NOC code for my occupation. First try searching by using your title and not job duties. If that does not work, you can always contact the HRSDC Enquiry team, details are available on the HRSDC website. They will be able to assist you.

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
kamatmahesh said:
Hello fello Forum members,

Hope you guys are doing good and enjoying Canada games at the Olympics. Go Canada ! :)

I am about to begin my application for applying PR under the CEC class and have been frantically trying to look up the NOC Code for my previous job.

My previous designation was Project Analyst which was mainly involved in managing the Project Finances which is a close match with a Project Controls Analyst who manages the scope, schedule and budget for a project from start to end.

I have tried all different kinds of search techniques on the HRSDC website, however I may not be doing it the right way. I am copying a short blurb of roles/responsibilities here , it would help you to understand what my duties were at the job.

Your help will be really appreciated. Thank you so very much !! :)
Ensuring established project financial controls are consistently and appropriately implemented for a portfolio of project work through the sufficiently detailed implementation of financial reporting
• Providing timely and quality project monitoring and cost control information for all projects
• Evaluating reporting of deviation from specific project budgets and timelines and intervenes/escalates as necessary
• Reviewing and evaluating project progress to ensure that financial controls are being correctly utilized and reported utilizing the PRINCE2 templates
• Assessing and verifying financial reporting to ensure compliance; and that project managers/leaders are applying expected discipline to project financial management by generating monthly status reporting to the Manager, Project Office
• Inspecting portfolio of projects on a continuous basis to ensure that adherence to (PRINCE2) project management processes and standards are being followed and provide regular updates to the Manager, Project Office
• Engaging with internal and external project stakeholders including division managers, project managers, and delivery managers to ensure conformance with the appropriate project management practices
• Recommending improvements to workflow and processes of the Project Office and Project Management processes
By reading these duties, it appears to be project accountant falls within 1111. In particular, you had involved in project budget, cost control procedures. I think you are more inclined to finance side other than project management.

As the other member said, e mail HRSDC to verify.

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
Thank you Nikki30588 and GHD1213 for the prompt response. That was lightning :eek: quick. ;D :D

I will look more into 1111 to see if the role does match with mine

Per your suggestion - I found out the email address

noc-cnp@workingincanada.gc.ca

This is as given on the page - httpcolon//www5dothrsdcdotgcdotca/noc/english/noc/2011/SendUsEmail.aspx

Is that the right email address ? Appreciate your help !

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kamatmahesh said:
Sometimes the NOC varies by industry, your job description gives no hint whatsoever of what kind of "projects" you're involved in. Construction? IT? Social Programs? A lead sentence about what the company does goes a LONG way to helping us (and CIC) understand the context -

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
Surely Jes. I used to work for an energy conglomerate called ATCO who are based out of Calgary and Edmonton in Alberta.

I was a part of Atco-Itek which is the technology service provider to all the different businesses ATCO is involved in namely ATCO Gas(Gas Distribution), ATCO Electric , ATCO Logistics, yada yada and few other external clients who are into oil and gas - atco.com/Our-Companies/

ATCO I-Tek is an end-to-end IT service provider with a wide range of business services and IT solutions. Serving a diverse group of corporate clients operating around the world, our offerings include: enterprise asset management, end-to-end management services, hosted solutions, business critical applications, and customer care and billing.

My job was to provide financial control on the various IT projects that I-tek undertook to support these businesses. Hope that answers your question ! :)

Nikki30588

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Yup! that is the correct email address.

kamatmahesh said:
Thank you Nikki30588 and GHD1213 for the prompt response. That was lightning :eek: quick. ;D :D

I will look more into 1111 to see if the role does match with mine

Per your suggestion - I found out the email address

noc-cnp @ workingincanada.gc.ca

This is as given on the page - httpcolon//www5dothrsdcdotgcdotca/noc/english/noc/2011/SendUsEmail.aspx

Is that the right email address ? Appreciate your help !

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
kamatmahesh said:
Surely Jes. I used to work for an energy conglomerate called ATCO who are based out of Calgary and Edmonton in Alberta.

I was a part of Atco-Itek which is the technology service provider to all the different businesses ATCO is involved in namely ATCO Gas(Gas Distribution), ATCO Electric , ATCO Logistics, yada yada and few other external clients who are into oil and gas - atco.com/Our-Companies/

ATCO I-Tek is an end-to-end IT service provider with a wide range of business services and IT solutions. Serving a diverse group of corporate clients operating around the world, our offerings include: enterprise asset management, end-to-end management services, hosted solutions, business critical applications, and customer care and billing.

My job was to provide financial control on the various IT projects that I-tek undertook to support these businesses. Hope that answers your question ! :)
Project accountant mainly is responsible for creation of financial reports specifically designed to track the financial progress of the projects which can be used by managers (internal stakeholders) to aid project management including project costing, budgeting, managing the WIP costing and project profit and loss accounts etc. cost control is the key to the project accountant.

From the description of these job duties, they are similar to the nature of this occupation.

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
Furthermore, project accountants differs from the standard accountants which aims to manage the financial progress on the organizational level, i.e. by department. The description of thus NOC is generic applied to standard accountants. Therefore, the best thing is to let HRSDC to confirm. But, I did not see other codes closer to it.

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
Hello everyone, appreciate your help with this.

Based on your suggestion I emailed HRSDC and this is what they replied

The following is the response to your request for assistance (reference #300152 ):

Based on the information that you have provided, the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) code may be appropriate for the occupation that you described. Please verify the link below to ensure that the education, main duties and employment requirements correspond to your occupation. You are in a better position to determine whether or not this NOC code reflects your job.

NOC code 1111 - Financial auditors and accountants (project accountant):

Is it safe to assume that I can go with 1111 then ? thanks for all the help - Cheers !!

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
kamatmahesh said:
Hello everyone, appreciate your help with this.

Based on your suggestion I emailed HRSDC and this is what they replied

The following is the response to your request for assistance (reference #300152 ):

Based on the information that you have provided, the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) code may be appropriate for the occupation that you described. Please verify the link below to ensure that the education, main duties and employment requirements correspond to your occupation. You are in a better position to determine whether or not this NOC code reflects your job.

NOC code 1111 - Financial auditors and accountants (project accountant):

Is it safe to assume that I can go with 1111 then ? thanks for all the help - Cheers !!
This is the code I believe you are with, good luck with the app.