+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No option for dual bachelors

fighton

Jan 3, 2018
maninderdhindsa4
I have the exact same problem i have a BLS/LLB(5 YEAR COURSE),
every body else in their replies are referring to the dual bachelors degree option which is available only when you are calculating your score for express entry using the point calculation tool prior to creation of your express entry profile, once you begin creating your express entry profile there is no option of dual bachelors degree, reading from other threads it seems that this option was not available from November 2016 but then the points calculator clearly awards points for dual bachelors degree, guys please help how do we go about this!
What I did was I thereafter got my credentials evaluated by IQAS, they correctly certified it as a professional degree, because I was not sure whether I could select the professional degree option on a dual bachelor evaluation by WES.

AdvR

Apr 24, 2019
buddy please tell us about your progress.. i too am stuck with a 5 yr BBA LLB. i got my ita after adding two different bachelor degrees (under two or more degrees category). But now while filling the form it came to me that dual degree is actually a single degree as per wes report . i am afraid they may reject my application for giving wrong information.. Kindly reply asap as i have only few days left to submit my application. or let me know how to contact you.
Hey buddy, what happened to your case, did you get your pr by putting two separate degrees, I am stuck at same, whether to put two separate or go with one?

Aman Batra

Nov 5, 2017
Hi,
I am very much confused please help me out.

I have a bachelor in commerce degree(3yrs) and then I did my Post graduate diploma in business administration(2years) from symbiosis ,i have got my ECA done from IQAS for post graduate diploma .

The report says
COMPARATIVE LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT IN CANADA - The post graduate diploma generally compares to the completion of a University diploma with a focus in business administration and operations.

I got eca for this only because it said highest degree only should be evaluated.
so didn't get my bachelors degree evaluated.

Now while filing in express entry i have only bachelors degree option in scroll down not two or more certificates so i am scoring very less as compared to the crs tool(had an option of two or more certificates).

Please tell me where i am wrong and what should I do to correct this out.

Oct 21, 2019
Hi,
I am very much confused please help me out.

I have a bachelor in commerce degree(3yrs) and then I did my Post graduate diploma in business administration(2years) from symbiosis ,i have got my ECA done from IQAS for post graduate diploma .

The report says
COMPARATIVE LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT IN CANADA - The post graduate diploma generally compares to the completion of a University diploma with a focus in business administration and operations.

I got eca for this only because it said highest degree only should be evaluated.
so didn't get my bachelors degree evaluated.

Now while filing in express entry i have only bachelors degree option in scroll down not two or more certificates so i am scoring very less as compared to the crs tool(had an option of two or more certificates).

Please tell me where i am wrong and what should I do to correct this out.
I have same query, I have done BA 3 years and after that M.Sc 2 years, I get ECA done through ICAS and got report as "Post Bachelor Diploma- 2 years". Now while filling express entry profile, there is no option of post graduate diploma. Either there is "Bachelor degree" or "Master degree" option. Could anyone guide here what should we choose. ?

tayyeb555

Mar 18, 2019
Hi friends. You need not to worry about this dual bachelor option. U just go for selecting masters degree or professional degees. I have many of the friends who have already got their PR approved after opting this. Even i have received invitation with that. Actually LLB is a professional degree according to CIC website so we will into that, whether it be LLB , BALLB , BcomLLB or any other. For more details you can cintact me, i can clearify your doubt
Did you get the PR after you selected professional degree for your law as your education? in spite of your ECA stating otherwise?

tayyeb555

Mar 18, 2019
Hello Everyone,
So i got a refusal on my application. Just to brief everyone, and anyone else who happens to search for this topic, i got my ECA which stated "Dual bachelor Degree (4 years)" from WES.
During my EE profile creation, i selected "two or more degree...." option. and post ITA, i put my 2 degrees in two separate line items in the education section, also attached an LOE stating why i selected the said option.
Turns out the VO rejected my explanation and stated that, for assessment purpose, they treat "Dual Bachelor Degree" as a single degree and not two degrees. that dropped my points significantly, and thus dint get through. going by the current trend, the cut offs have gone waayy to high for me to stand any chance. So as it stand today, im out of options and hope. for people who intend to apply and have got dual bachelor degree as their assessment, WATCHOUT!!... All the best !

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hello Everyone,
So i got a refusal on my application. Just to brief everyone, and anyone else who happens to search for this topic, i got my ECA which stated "Dual bachelor Degree (4 years)" from WES.
During my EE profile creation, i selected "two or more degree...." option. and post ITA, i put my 2 degrees in two separate line items in the education section, also attached an LOE stating why i selected the said option.
Turns out the VO rejected my explanation and stated that, for assessment purpose, they treat "Dual Bachelor Degree" as a single degree and not two degrees. that dropped my points significantly, and thus dint get through. going by the current trend, the cut offs have gone waayy to high for me to stand any chance. So as it stand today, im out of options and hope. for people who intend to apply and have got dual bachelor degree as their assessment, WATCHOUT!!... All the best !
Thanks for sharing!

cadsud

Mar 28, 2020
Hi friends. You need not to worry about this dual bachelor option. U just go for selecting masters degree or professional degees. I have many of the friends who have already got their PR approved after opting this. Even i have received invitation with that. Actually LLB is a professional degree according to CIC website so we will into that, whether it be LLB , BALLB , BcomLLB or any other. For more details you can cintact me, i can clearify your doubt
Hello,
Are you sure about this? did you get Dual Bachelor's (Four year Canadian equivalency) on your WES? Am much worried as i submitted my application with two or more degrees on the pretext that was on WES report.

cadsud

Mar 28, 2020
buddy please tell us about your progress.. i too am stuck with a 5 yr BBA LLB. i got my ita after adding two different bachelor degrees (under two or more degrees category). But now while filling the form it came to me that dual degree is actually a single degree as per wes report . i am afraid they may reject my application for giving wrong information.. Kindly reply asap as i have only few days left to submit my application. or let me know how to contact you.
Hello,
Did IRCC accepted the two or more degrees ? have they considered it as one degree?

frenchtulip

Nov 5, 2020
Heads up foreign law students - There are other threads in this forum that suggest law/arts dual degrees will only be a dual bachelors according to WES and should not be entered as a professional degree: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dual-bachelors-degree-four-years.638419/

Apparently IQAS will give you the professional degree ICA, but it takes 6 months.

As for how to enter two bachelor's degrees in the EE profile, I'm stuck in a similar way. It seems like the only way is to add two separate bachelor's degrees with the same start and finish dates, and let the officer figure it out? There is no dual degree option.

Laiya

Nov 5, 2020
What happened to this ??

nhl26

Jul 8, 2021
Delhi
Category........
FSW
hello. just confirming if you know for sure if BALLB can be added as a professional degree or if I need to add BA and LLB as two separate degrees. Thanks.

Feb 9, 2022
Hello, Fighton! I'm curious to know your final thoughts on this. I'm in the same boat as you, except I have a B Comm and an LLB and I don't know where to put the WES result that says "Dual Bachelor's" (four years in Canada). I sent an email to WES, and I can't wait to hear back from them.