+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No option for dual bachelors

Jan 1, 2018
Hi. I have done B.A.LL.B(5 years course) , which is a combination of bachelor of laws/bachelor of arts. My WES report shows it as dual bachelors degree. But when i tried to create my profile for express entry, there was no more an option for dual bachelors. Please suggest me what is to be done in such cases. If i have to choose single bachelors degree then that will lower my points to unacceptable. Thanks

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi. I have done B.A.LL.B(5 years course) , which is a combination of bachelor of laws/bachelor of arts. My WES report shows it as dual bachelors degree. But when i tried to create my profile for express entry, there was no more an option for dual bachelors. Please suggest me what is to be done in such cases. If i have to choose single bachelors degree then that will lower my points to unacceptable. Thanks

You need to select Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (with spouse) 119
Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (without spouse) 128
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if this applies) 22

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Good Luck!

Reactions: hsym
Jan 1, 2018
You need to select Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate diploma
Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (with spouse) 119
Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (without spouse) 128
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if this applies) 22

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Good Luck!
No. I mean to say thay now there is no option as"two or more degree" . they have removed it. Please suggest me the alternate

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
No. I mean to say thay now there is no option as"two or more degree" . they have removed it. Please suggest me the alternate
I think you have only entered one degree thus you got one option only. If you put this degree as two separate degrees [bachelor of laws and bachelor of arts] then you will see the two or more option. But there is a technical problem for that as they are not two degrees rather one degree. To claim points for two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees you need to have-

• Graduate Certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate diploma
I would suggest you to contact with WES or perhaps with IRCC. Give them a call and ask them whether you can put it as two separate degrees and claim points or not.
Good Luck!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
you have to add your diploma one by one i you're talking about the form. so
diploma 1 + ECA for that diploma
diploma 2 + eca for that diploma
the system will calculate it on its own

Jan 1, 2018
you have to add your diploma one by one i you're talking about the form. so
diploma 1 + ECA for that diploma
diploma 2 + eca for that diploma
the system will calculate it on its own
Thanks for coming forth to help me out but the issue is that i have done a course which is blend of 2 bachelors, but the degree is one only so i cant say that i have two different bachelors to fill different details.

Reactions: fighton

fighton

Jan 3, 2018
maninderdhindsa4
I have the exact same problem i have a BLS/LLB(5 YEAR COURSE),
every body else in their replies are referring to the dual bachelors degree option which is available only when you are calculating your score for express entry using the point calculation tool prior to creation of your express entry profile, once you begin creating your express entry profile there is no option of dual bachelors degree, reading from other threads it seems that this option was not available from November 2016 but then the points calculator clearly awards points for dual bachelors degree, guys please help how do we go about this!

Last edited:

westermau5

Apr 10, 2018
maninderdhindsa4
I have the exact same problem i have a BLS/LLB(5 YEAR COURSE),
every body else in their replies are referring to the dual bachelors degree option which is available only when you are calculating your score for express entry using the point calculation tool prior to creation of your express entry profile, once you begin creating your express entry profile there is no option of dual bachelors degree, reading from other threads it seems that this option was not available from November 2016 but then the points calculator clearly awards points for dual bachelors degree, guys please help how do we go about this!
Hi Fighton - interested to hear where you landed on this? In a similar boat with a B Comm / LLB and unsure how to enter the WES result of 'Dual Bachelor's (Four year Canadian equivalency)'. Have emailed WES and interested to see what they say

Jan 1, 2018
Hi friends. You need not to worry about this dual bachelor option. U just go for selecting masters degree or professional degees. I have many of the friends who have already got their PR approved after opting this. Even i have received invitation with that. Actually LLB is a professional degree according to CIC website so we will into that, whether it be LLB , BALLB , BcomLLB or any other. For more details you can cintact me, i can clearify your doubt

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi Fighton - interested to hear where you landed on this? In a similar boat with a B Comm / LLB and unsure how to enter the WES result of 'Dual Bachelor's (Four year Canadian equivalency)'. Have emailed WES and interested to see what they say
Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
(also known as First professional degree or Entry-to-practice professional degree)

For Express Entry, we only accept professional degrees in these fields:
  • medicine,
  • veterinary medicine,
  • dentistry,
  • podiatry,
  • optometry,
  • law,
  • chiropractic medicine, or
  • pharmacy.
ECA assessment results:
Medicine
  • First professional degree in medicine (Doctor of Medicine)
  • First professional degree in Medicine
  • Doctor of Medicine degree
  • First professional university degree in medicine
  • First professional university degree in medicine, preceded by prerequisite undergraduate study
Veterinary Medicine
  • Four to seven years of professional study in veterinary medicine
  • First Professional Degree in Veterinary Medicine
  • Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree
  • First professional university degree in veterinary medicine
  • First professional university degree in veterinary medicine, preceded by prerequisite undergraduate study
Dentistry
  • Four to seven years of professional study in dentistry
  • Five or more years of professional university study in dentistry
  • First Professional Degree in Dentistry
  • Doctor of Dental Surgery degree
  • First professional university degree in dentistry
  • First professional university degree in dentistry, preceded by prerequisite undergraduate study
Podiatry
  • Four to five years of professional study in podiatry
  • Five or more years of professional university study in podiatry
  • Doctor of Podiatry degree
  • First professional university degree in podiatric medicine
  • First professional university degree in podiatric medicine, preceded by prerequisite undergraduate study
Optometry
  • Three to six years of professional study in optometry
  • Five or more years of professional university study in optometry
  • Doctor of Optometry degree
  • First professional university degree in optometry
  • First professional university degree in optometry, preceded by prerequisite undergraduate study
Law
  • Bachelor of Laws
  • Juris Doctor
  • First professional university degree in law
  • First professional university degree in law, preceded by [x years] prerequisite undergraduate study
Chiropratic Medicine
  • Five or more years of professional university study in chiropractic medicine
  • Doctor of Chiropractic degree
  • First professional university degree in chiropractic medicine
  • First professional university degree in chiropractic medicine, preceded by prerequisite undergraduate study
Pharmacy
  • Five or more years of professional university study in pharmacy
  • Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree
  • Four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in pharmacy
Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (with spouse)
Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (without spouse) 135
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if this applies) 23

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Apr 18, 2018
Hi friends. You need not to worry about this dual bachelor option. U just go for selecting masters degree or professional degees. I have many of the friends who have already got their PR approved after opting this. Even i have received invitation with that. Actually LLB is a professional degree according to CIC website so we will into that, whether it be LLB , BALLB , BcomLLB or any other. For more details you can cintact me, i can clearify your doubt
Hi
Did you get your PR? Using the professional option?

Reactions: VarunKohli
Apr 4, 2018
Did you get PR?

Shayla

Apr 1, 2018
Hi Guys!

Would you please help.
I have two bachelor degrees - one as a Teacher of chemistry (2002-2007) and one as an Economist from University of economics (2008-2012).
When I enter one bachelor degree in Express entry, system gives me 419 points. And when I add the second one separately the system also shows me 419 points.
Do you know why? It should be more, right? As two degree, diplomas and certificate give more points...
Please kindly advice what to do.

Thanks so much in advance!!! Highly appreciated

Pranshu

Jan 17, 2018
Bangalore, India
buddy please tell us about your progress.. i too am stuck with a 5 yr BBA LLB. i got my ita after adding two different bachelor degrees (under two or more degrees category). But now while filling the form it came to me that dual degree is actually a single degree as per wes report . i am afraid they may reject my application for giving wrong information.. Kindly reply asap as i have only few days left to submit my application. or let me know how to contact you.