+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"No objection declaration" for divorce children

doaacj

Apr 10, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam:
I applied for sk immigration and after processing my file I got this email from the embassy in cairo :

You are kindly requested to provide us with the following:

1) A new original police certificate for Egypt. You may wish to send it by courier or submit in person at the visa section in an envelop indicating the above file numbers.

2) A notarized declaration indicating that your ex-husband has no objection for the children to accompany you for immigration and permanent residency in Canada. Letter must be notarized or signed here at the embassy by your ex-husband in front of the designated officer.

Once the above documents are received we will be able to continue the processing of your application.

Thank you for your cooperation.

My question is about number 2 of the requests. My children father is not that cooperative to go to the embassy, he thinks that I and the embassy are setting up something to fraud him. WOULD YOU PLZ ADVISE WHAT CAN I DO? I feel lost and I really want to know what I can do. Thank you very much in advance

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to convince him then. Unless you have some sort of court document showing he has been stripped of all custody, you will need his consent.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karlshammar said:
You have to convince him then. Unless you have some sort of court document showing he has been stripped of all custody, you will need his consent.
100% - agree.

doaacj

Apr 10, 2011
Karlshammar said:
"A notarized declaration indicating that your ex-husband has no objection for the children to accompany you for immigration and permanent residency in Canada. Letter must be notarized or signed here at the embassy by your ex-husband in front of the designated officer."

I have been told that the embassy means by this that the letter of no objection has to be EITHER:
1- be notarized
OR
2- signed here
Meaning that if I can have the letter notarized OUTSIDE THE EMBASSY in court for an example, that will be the same.
Is that right, plz advice.

Thanks for your time and efort to help.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My interpretation is that you are correct. The only way to know with 100% certainty is to check with the embassy, though.

doaacj said:
"A notarized declaration indicating that your ex-husband has no objection for the children to accompany you for immigration and permanent residency in Canada. Letter must be notarized or signed here at the embassy by your ex-husband in front of the designated officer."

I have been told that the embassy means by this that the letter of no objection has to be EITHER:
1- be notarized
OR
2- signed here
Meaning that if I can have the letter notarized OUTSIDE THE EMBASSY in court for an example, that will be the same.
Is that right, plz advice.

Thanks for your time and efort to help.