no oath invite 7 months after DM

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
My honest advise, get your Finger Print done immediately. MP's offices especially when they are in power sound much more sympathetic to CIC than to candidates grievances. In some instances MP offices does get response in 2 weeks, yet no harm in asking.

Since elections are years away, MP's dont have much motivation to help the candidates. On the contrary, they are praising the CIC for doing excellent job and asking candidates to wait patiently.

Despite increasing fee by 500% on promise to hire 330 officers and improve the performance nothing changed at CIC.

Hi, Canadiandesi2006

I did the fingerprints in April 2015 and my test scheduled 3 months later. My status changed to DM 4 months ago. I'm just waiting for oath now...Why are you suggesting to get my fingerprints done immediately?

Thanks

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone got any good news?

I finally got a response from MP's office. After sending email back and forth for about 20 times and I finally realized they're trying to help at all. Yesterday, MP's assistant told me to wait till my application get to the 3 year mark because of the CIT0520.

I was told it's still undergoing review. Why the hell my online status showed decision made 4 months ago? What does decision made really mean?

I completely understand if MP's office can't help me to speed up the process. I'm just disappointed the way they handle this.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for oath.

khana26

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017, Sent: 05-04-2017; 04-19-2017, Sent: 04-19-2017
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2016
Hello Kurtz,
Have you received your ATIP report yet? My ECAS showed decision made on the October 5th - 6 months of waiting so far with no other update except my file got transferred to CIC St Clair (from Mississauga CIC) in January, and St Clair asked for my fingerprints. I sent my fingerprints on February 1 and since then I have been waiting for the next step.
I requested an ATIP report in November and found that my RCMP clearance got expired at the end of that month. Watch out for any such expirations of clearances in your ATIP report. There are three clearances. FOSS clearance is valid for 1 year, but it is very quick to renew I read somewhere. RCMP clearance is valid for 18 months, and I am now seeing that it is not so quick to renew for some people. RCMP clearance can expire for many RQ-ed applicants. CSIS clearance is valid for 4 years; hopefully we won't go that extent!

I applied for my ATIP report again last week to find out if there is any update. I never had an opportunity to contact my local MP and I am not too hopeful after reading many posts regarding local MP's extent of involvement in the citizenship application process.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kurtz said:

I finally got a response from MP's office. After sending email back and forth for about 20 times and I finally realized they're trying to help at all. Yesterday, MP's assistant told me to wait till my application get to the 3 year mark because of the CIT0520.

I was told it's still undergoing review. Why the hell my online status showed decision made 4 months ago? What does decision made really mean?

I completely understand if MP's office can't help me to speed up the process. I'm just disappointed the way they handle this.

I'll tell you my experience with MP.
First time I contacted my then MP (NDP) in September. They sent me a few emails, and called CIC asking for the information regarding my case... As usual, CIC said, my application is still in process.
After elections, MP changed (Liberals), I've contacted them, they were in the middle of setting up their office and hiring new people. After few months I've been asked to stop by their office, talk about the issue.
Well, everything seemed to be fine, however they said they can not do much. The drafted the letter on the behalf of MP, asking to expedite my application. CIC said I have to show the proof for the expedition. (they also called a few times to CIC call centre). Next step was to write the letter to McCallum, I did that right away, MP's office sent the letter and got the respond - "his application is in queue to be reviewed". After that I've sent few email to my MP, and haven't heard back for more than 2 weeks.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Kurtz said:

I hear your predicament, its terrible that even after dragging candidates through such torturous process CIC still need 3 years period to decide. Its disappointing to deal with CIC bureaucratic system. Looks like MP's does only lip service without doing anything to resolve it.

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, khana26, ambient2, Canadiandesi2006,

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I shouldn’t expect too much help from MP’s office anymore. As Khana26 mentioned that CIC asked for fingerprints after status changed to DM. I’m just confused with CIC’s process. CIC really made a decision or they made a decision with a condition which is the rcmp or foss clearance?

What bothers me is that my wife got DM 8 months ago, and if they don’t schedule oath for her, sooner or later her rcmp or foss clearance will expire. What’s the point of changing our online status in the first place?

I requested my ATIP on march 3rd, and I didn’t get it yet. Hopefully I will know more about my application in a few days.

Best luck to all of you still waiting

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally received the ATIP in email. It's a bit confusing with similar information of 43 pages. Here's what I picked out from the 43 pages:

oath:1 in progress with due date: 2015/12/01
2015/12/05 File granted, sent to cic Mississauga for ceremonies. ee
Paper file history:1 update: 2014/12/15 granted - to be scheduled for ceremony

I think my application got transferred to Mississauga office from Scarborough somewhere in December in order to schedule a ceremony. There's no updates since then. One thing I'm sure is that MP's are no help, and I don't think they really contacted CIC at all. I was told by MP's my application was undergoing review for the whole time.

From my understanding, it's been more than 4 months for CIC to schedule a ceremony. I don't know if it's normal or they're waiting for some clearance? Can anyone give me some ideas how to understand the ATIP reports?

Thanks all for your help. Good luck to all

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
victoria2016 said:
Kurtz,

You may book an appointment with Mississauga citizenship office to check upon
your application status.
Can you elaborate on this one ? cause I've been asking the question how to do this, and apparently no one can answer it.. The only answer I'm getting from CIC is - If CPC needs more information or they will call you for the appointment, there is nothing I can do to get them to talk to me in person.

victoria2016

Feb 29, 2016
Ambient 2,

I don't have personal experience in this matter.However, I know that
you can go to your local office to make an appointment for your
application status if your have been waiting longer than normal
processing time.

It won't hurt to give it try. Just go to your local office to
ask them how to make an appointment.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kurtz said:
Finally received the ATIP in email. It's a bit confusing with similar information of 43 pages. Here's what I picked out from the 43 pages:

oath:1 in progress with due date: 2015/12/01
2015/12/05 File granted, sent to cic Mississauga for ceremonies. ee
Paper file history:1 update: 2014/12/15 granted - to be scheduled for ceremony

I think my application got transferred to Mississauga office from Scarborough somewhere in December in order to schedule a ceremony. There's no updates since then. One thing I'm sure is that MP's are no help, and I don't think they really contacted CIC at all. I was told by MP's my application was undergoing review for the whole time.

From my understanding, it's been more than 4 months for CIC to schedule a ceremony. I don't know if it's normal or they're waiting for some clearance? Can anyone give me some ideas how to understand the ATIP reports?

Thanks all for your help. Good luck to all
My MP's visit was useless as well. There is no notes on my ATIPs about MP's secretary call to CIC so I don't think they even bothered to call CIC when I requested.
They just came back to us with the phone call full of BS and asked to wait for another year and come back to them again if nothing happens by that time.

the whole system is set to keep skilled & educated tax payers in Canada as loooong as possible and rob us as much as they can, IMHO.

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
victoria2016 said:
Kurtz,

You may book an appointment with Mississauga citizenship office to check upon
your application status.
Hi Victoria,
I'm currently not in Toronto, and I'll try to book an appointment as soon as I'm back. Thanks.

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
My MP's visit was useless as well. There is no notes on my ATIPs about MP's secretary call to CIC so I don't think they even bothered to call CIC when I requested.
They just came back to us with the phone call full of BS and asked to wait for another year and come back to them again if nothing happens by that time.

the whole system is set to keep skilled & educated tax payers in Canada as loooong as possible and rob us as much as they can, IMHO.
Hi HighFive,

I got the same response that MP's asked me to wait till reach 3 year mark. My status changed to DM 4 and half month ago, but they kept telling me it's undergoing review. Why the hell CIC makes a decision if it's undergoing review? I received ATIP a few days back and it showed Mississauga office is Scheduling for ceremony on December 05 2015. I don't think MP's contacted CIC at all. Despite the fact CIC is slow on many applications, I don't think CIC would lie to MP's about my status.

Where's your local MP's office? Good Luck to you!

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kurtz said:
Hi HighFive,

I got the same response that MP's asked me to wait till reach 3 year mark. My status changed to DM 4 and half month ago, but they kept telling me it's undergoing review. Why the hell CIC makes a decision if it's undergoing review? I received ATIP a few days back and it showed Mississauga office is Scheduling for ceremony on December 05 2015. I don't think MP's contacted CIC at all. Despite the fact CIC is slow on many applications, I don't think CIC would lie to MP's about my status.

Where's your local MP's office? Good Luck to you!
Kurtz, we must have the same MP then, I am in Thornhill. :) Order full ATIP i.e. physical file scan, that may draw your processing officer's attention. Good luck to you too!
P.S.: The way CIC does operate is a "jungle disgrace". No respect for the things they do to people. When conservatives needed votes for election they made attempt to clear backlogs, now everything is back to disgrace shape again. Maybe till another federal elections day...