+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

no oath invite 7 months after DM

aug2014

Jul 4, 2015
ambient2 said:
Hah, it's like he/she wasn't the reason for the delay. Did you involve anyone (MP or minister of immigration) or the officer just called you out of blue ?
I was going to go MP office for the first time... before I left my office CO called.

responding to my inquiry sent to local office on the eve of 7 months anniversary after test.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aug2014 said:
I was going to go MP office for the first time... before I left my office CO called.

responding to my inquiry sent to local office on the eve of 7 months anniversary after test.
Lucky you, My MP called three times, sent the letter asking to process my application faster, Call centre sent the reminder on 6th month after the test, and then on 8th month. I sent two inquires (one was last Friday), and my MP forwarded my letter to Minister of Immigration (I got the response today, to sum it up they said: *uck you, wait for St.Clair office)

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Lucky you, My MP called three times, sent the letter asking to process my application faster, Call centre sent the reminder on 6th month after the test, and then on 8th month. I sent two inquires (one was last Friday), and my MP forwarded my letter to Minister of Immigration (I got the response today, to sum it up they said: *uck you, wait for St.Clair office)
Hi ambient2,

I complete understand your frustration. I sent in my application on March 2014 and it was returned to me after a few months saying the stamp on the back of my photo was not ok, so I have to re-stamp it. Later I was asked for fingerprints before test and after the test CIC sent me cit0520 which 95% of the information they asked had been included in original my application file. It's been almost 9 months after the test and my wife's status showed DM for 8 and half months already.

I just got an email from my MP's assistant saying that my application is still undergoing review. Why CIC changed online status to DM if it's still under review? What's really going on with CIC?

I don't even know what to say now

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kurtz said:
Hi ambient2,

I complete understand your frustration. I sent in my application on March 2014 and it was returned to me after a few months saying the stamp on the back of my photo was not ok, so I have to re-stamp it. Later I was asked for fingerprints before test and after the test CIC sent me cit0520 which 95% of the information they asked had been included in original my application file. It's been almost 9 months after the test and my wife's status showed DM for 8 and half months already.

I just got an email from my MP's assistant saying that my application is still undergoing review. Why CIC changed online status to DM if it's still under review? What's really going on with CIC?

I don't even know what to say now
Undergoing review you said ? here is paragraph from the letter I've got from Minister's office

Departmental records confirm that your application is in queue for review at the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Toronto. Please be assured that you will be notified of further citizenship events, or if additional information is required to finalize the application, as soon circumstances permit.

The key words are "queue for review", and that's 10 months after the test. It's not being reviewed or they found a problem and waiting for the respond from someone... no, it's in bloody queue for the damned review...

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Undergoing review you said ? here is paragraph from the letter I've got from Minister's office

Departmental records confirm that your application is in queue for review at the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Toronto. Please be assured that you will be notified of further citizenship events, or if additional information is required to finalize the application, as soon circumstances permit.

The key words are "queue for review", and that's 10 months after the test. It's not being reviewed or they found a problem and waiting for the respond from someone... no, it's in bloody queue for the damned review...

Did your status changed to DM? I guess there's nothing we can do expect to wait. I'll get my atip in april to see what's going on with my file.

Good luck.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kurtz said:
Did your status changed to DM? I guess there's nothing we can do expect to wait. I'll get my atip in april to see what's going on with my file.

Good luck.
My applications was transferred to St.Clair in two months after the test, no DM at all, still in process.
Good luck to you too.

sfaisalm

Oct 25, 2012
I have requested one ATIP report and after calling CIC and seeing this report, i can surely say that it is only a piece of garbage. Why? we can't ask CIC based on this report, they don't answer question based on this report, this report is almost one month old(see the "report generated" date). I mailed them about it and they said, " Please be aware that it takes only a few minutes to print electronic notes, whereas the review process takes longer" . What i understood from it is, they don't give us all information from this report, instead filter it.

Thanks

Syed

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sfaisalm said:
I have requested one ATIP report and after calling CIC and seeing this report, i can surely say that it is only a piece of garbage. Why? we can't ask CIC based on this report, they don't answer question based on this report, this report is almost one month old(see the "report generated" date). I mailed them about it and they said, " Please be aware that it takes only a few minutes to print electronic notes, whereas the review process takes longer" . What i understood from it is, they don't give us all information from this report, instead filter it.

Thanks

Syed
A week ago I requested ATIP of physical file (notes on it by the officer, etc). In explanation box I wrote that I've been waiting for 10 months since the test, ordered CBSA information, spoke with MP, and now I want to know what went wrong with my file, thus the scan of physical documents might shed some light on the problem.
Few days ago I got the letter from ATIP department asking me , Am I sure I want physical file, because from the explanation it seems like I want digital.
Of course I replied with the little more information, how I am ordering ATIP since August every month, and how it doesn't tell me a thing.
so yes, digital atip is in fact a piece of garbage.

Loriboo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
I became Canadian citizen yesterday, the ceremony was wonderful. I keep you all in my prayers. God bless you all.

victoria2016

Feb 29, 2016
Loriboo said:
I became Canadian citizen yesterday, the ceremony was wonderful. I keep you all in my prayers. God bless you all.
Loriboo,

Do you have kid under 14 years old? If you do, do you remember how many signature you sign on his/her behalf?

I signed for myself on two places in one form; but only one place for my daughter, I just want to make sure that I didn't miss
anything.

Thanks.

Cndapp

Mar 9, 2016
Loriboo said:
Congrats! Did they finally update your eCAS before the oath date?

khana26

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017, Sent: 05-04-2017; 04-19-2017, Sent: 04-19-2017
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2016
Is it true that, if a Mississauga CIC applicant requires fingerprints, the application is transferred to St. Clair CIC for that (i.e. Mississauga CIC does not ask directly for fingerprints to be sent to RCMP)? After St. Clair CIC receives the fingerprints report from RCMP, the file again gets transferred back to Mississauga CIC for subsequent steps (test, oath etc.)?
Thanks for your input.

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khana26 said:
Is it true that, if a Mississauga CIC applicant requires fingerprints, the application is transferred to St. Clair CIC for that (i.e. Mississauga CIC does not ask directly for fingerprints to be sent to RCMP)? After St. Clair CIC receives the fingerprints report from RCMP, the file again gets transferred back to Mississauga CIC for subsequent steps (test, oath etc.)?
Thanks for your input.
I don't know about Mississauga office. I got fingerprint request from Scarborough office before test. My file didn't transfer to anywhere else and still stuck at Scarborough 8 months after the test. I doubt all fingerprint requests have to send to St. Clair office.

I have a question for all of you who got their MP involved. I contacted my MP's office about four weeks ago and we've sent over 15 emails back and forth. I got answer like "we will pass your concerns" or "we will let you know when we know more". I don't know how hard to get a actual answer when my wife's application have changed to DM 8 months ago. Does MP's office really help or just they just give you some standard answer every time?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Kurtz said:
I don't know about Mississauga office. I got fingerprint request from Scarborough office before test. My file didn't transfer to anywhere else and still stuck at Scarborough 8 months after the test. I doubt all fingerprint requests have to send to St. Clair office.

I have a question for all of you who got their MP involved. I contacted my MP's office about four weeks ago and we've sent over 15 emails back and forth. I got answer like "we will pass your concerns" or "we will let you know when we know more". I don't know how hard to get a actual answer when my wife's application have changed to DM 8 months ago. Does MP's office really help or just they just give you some standard answer every time?
My honest advise, get your Finger Print done immediately. MP's offices especially when they are in power sound much more sympathetic to CIC than to candidates grievances. In some instances MP offices does get response in 2 weeks, yet no harm in asking.

Since elections are years away, MP's dont have much motivation to help the candidates. On the contrary, they are praising the CIC for doing excellent job and asking candidates to wait patiently.

Despite increasing fee by 500% on promise to hire 330 officers and improve the performance nothing changed at CIC.