Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ambient2 said:
If you look at the ATIP carefully, you'll see when CIC requested all clearances and when it got updated (meaning when they received it back). for Foss clearance it takes only a week, for RCMP - four weeks.
Now let's stop believing in what CIC call centre says about clearances and b/g checks, it's minuscule time comparing to the 7-8-9 months of waiting time. It's not the reason, the reason is the lazy ass bureaucrats who don't do anything.
Completely agree, there is absolutely no damn system at CIC. With due respect the security measures, yet it should NOT take infinite time to move from one stage to other in the process.

If an independent audit is carried out at CIC's way of doing things, pretty sure there will be hundreds of skeleton lying in their cupboards.

Apparently, CIC go unchallenged on excuses of security issues and standard answer, each case is different. Yes each case is different, does not other Federal and Provincials agencies handle thousands of standard and exceptional cases within certain time limit.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
ambient2 said:
If you look at the ATIP carefully, you'll see when CIC requested all clearances and when it got updated (meaning when they received it back). for Foss clearance it takes only a week, for RCMP - four weeks.
Now let's stop believing in what CIC call centre says about clearances and b/g checks, it's minuscule time comparing to the 7-8-9 months of waiting time. It's not the reason, the reason is the lazy ass bureaucrats who don't do anything.
It might not take long to get clearances back once they are requested, but someone at CIC has to realize they are expired and actually request that they are rerun. That's where the delays come from usually. Applications can sit for months with nothing but an expired clearance holding them back.

sfaisalm

Oct 25, 2012
My test was in august 2015, interview officer said oath will be in 3 months but still nothing.....Status still shows in progress...

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
It might not take long to get clearances back once they are requested, but someone at CIC has to realize they are expired and actually request that they are rerun. That's where the delays come from usually. Applications can sit for months with nothing but an expired clearance holding them back.
The thing I learned from ATIPs regarding clearances, RCMP clearance got updated automatically (supposedly) as mine was requested in 28 November 2014, was received in January 2015 for a year, and got updated automatically in November 2015. Why do I think It was updated automatically ?
My FOSS clearance also expired in November 2015 and no one had the liberty to request the update. In Feb 2016 I asked Call agent to send the notice to CPC, requesting update for FOSS, and they actually did send the request... problem is St. Clair doesn't give a damn at all.

My test was in august 2015, interview officer said oath will be in 3 months but still nothing.....Status still shows in progress...
Welcome to the club.

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mozhgan, my local office is Scarborough

aug2014 said:
my test was cleared 30 July, 2015. Nothing yet
Did your status change to DM and when?

What bothers me is that every time I was told differently by CIC. Call center agents said that it might take up to 3 months for oath invite after DM, but when we called at 7 months after DM(my wife's application) and 3 months after DM (my application), I was told it might take up to 3 year for the whole process because of the CIT0520. Sometimes they refuse to look into my file and just ask me to wait. I just don't understand why it takes 7 months for CIC to send us a result after their decision is made.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kurtz said:

What bothers me is that every time I was told differently by CIC. Call center agents said that it might take up to 3 months for oath invite after DM, but when we called at 7 months after DM(my wife's application) and 3 months after DM (my application), I was told it might take up to 3 year for the whole process because of the CIT0520. Sometimes they refuse to look into my file and just ask me to wait. I just don't understand why it takes 7 months for CIC to send us a result after their decision is made.
CIC website says that application submitted before April 2015 should be completed by March 31, 2016. Yesterday call centre agent told me that this might not work as predicted so they are backing up on that promise.
Time line of CIC lies - Interviewer after the test: wait for 4-6 weeks till the oath, call agent 3 months after the test: wait till 6 months after the test date, call agent after 6 months notice: wait another 3 months to send another notice, Call agent 9 months after the test; wait for March 31, or another three months, call agent yesterday; 31 march is not a deadline, wait till you get a notice

Just wondering, should I quit calling CIC and start calling suicide line instead ?

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
ambient2 said:
CIC website says that application submitted before April 2015 should be completed by March 31, 2016. Yesterday call centre agent told me that this might not work as predicted so they are backing up on that promise.
Time line of CIC lies - Interviewer after the test: wait for 4-6 weeks till the oath, call agent 3 months after the test: wait till 6 months after the test date, call agent after 6 months notice: wait another 3 months to send another notice, Call agent 9 months after the test; wait for March 31, or another three months, call agent yesterday; 31 march is not a deadline, wait till you get a notice

Just wondering, should I quit calling CIC and start calling suicide line instead ?
There is no deadline of 31 March for clearing the backlog. One of the media enquiry states that it is end of 2016 for clearing the backlog.

aug2014

Jul 4, 2015
Kurtz said:

It never changed to DM... its still inprocess. After test officer told me he will get my cbsa report. Atip said he approved my application but unable to grant same day as test. I am thinking since he had to wait to get cbsa that is why and now I am in waiting Limbo even though application is approved back then

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aug2014 said:
It never changed to DM... its still inprocess. After test officer told me he will get my cbsa report. Atip said he approved my application but unable to grant same day as test. I am thinking since he had to wait to get cbsa that is why and now I am in waiting Limbo even though application is approved back then
My application was transferred from Missi to St. Clair with pretty much the same reason.
I requested CBSA ATIP, took one month to get it as usual, it had nothing suspicious or abnormal.
Talking about Limbo, they should at least say: your application will be approved 12.2016. so I wont be so anxious waiting and calling every week. One can plan his life accordingly.

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't expect helps or updates from call center agents anymore. It's just frustrated that every time they ask you to wait and sometimes they don't even look into your files. Two friends of mine got DM in Jan 2015 and they both got passport already. It's just not making any sense to me when they say each case is different. What could be the difference if they've made a decision?

I will update my ATIP when I get it. Hopefully I will have some ideas by then.

Good luck to all of you still waiting for oath.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ambient2 said:
My application was transferred from Missi to St. Clair with pretty much the same reason.
I requested CBSA ATIP, took one month to get it as usual, it had nothing suspicious or abnormal.
Talking about Limbo, they should at least say: your application will be approved 12.2016. so I wont be so anxious waiting and calling every week. One can plan his life accordingly.
Completely understand your frustration, most of us who undergone this torture knows the pain. What amazes me is how could a Federal Agency operates so irresponsibly without any accountability even after charging such fees.

Strangely some readers on this forum vehemently defends CIC doing its job & blames the victims as solely responsible for their plight.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Completely understand your frustration, most of us who undergone this torture knows the pain. What amazes me is how could a Federal Agency operates so irresponsibly without any accountability even after charging such fees.

Strangely some readers on this forum vehemently defends that CIC efficiency & blames the victims as solely responsible for their plight.
I am in the same boat, unfortunately CIC does not care about applicants waiting time, unfortunately there is nothing we can do, all we can do is just wait and hope for the best, I have been waiting a while since decision made, called CIC call center they told me my background check has expired and it takes some time to update it but they did not give me a specific timeline, hope the best for all of us

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
ambient2 said:
Hello Ambient,

Pretty much in the same situation, first of all that was no reason to question anything in my application (working in Canada, paying my taxes,...) haven't been out of the country much, except that i have a Green card through my husband but never spent a night in US, but the CO didn't like the idea of me having another residency and the entire interview was only about US (I did disclosed it in my application) and she hand me over the CIT 0520, so it was easy for me to provide all the documents because i'm living in Canada, i requested the ATIP and i find out that they transferred my file to St Clair office and the reason was "Workload re-distribution" and it was indicated that they received all the requested document 2 weeks after my test (BTW my test Passed 20/20), so i order another ATIP (my 3rd one) no change at all the last update was:
Notes:
Created date: 2016/01/11
Office: St. Clair CIC
Text: File Received from CIC Mississauga at St. Clair. To the attention of: J. WxXXXXX- Add Docs Only- for review.

Anyone have any idea of that's a good sign or not?

Thanks,